Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Owners Meetings Tweets-Tuesday

Hall Of Fame
    Bart Hubbuch ‏@HubbuchNYP
    Rex says Kenrick Ellis will be Jets' starting NT, then is corrected by team PR rep Bruce Speight. "Oh, he's going to COMPETE for the job."

Rex says Kenrick Ellis will be Jets' starting NT, then is corrected by team PR rep Bruce Speight. "Oh, he's going to COMPETE for the job."

LOL. What a clown

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Please, save your SOJF shtick I am hardly a SOJF, just tired of Rex.
    +1
    Not tired of the coach just his running off at the mouth, say very little and let your actions on the field say it for you!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Rex is optimistic: "I think people should be more worried about us than they are."

serious question, C Mart: During my whole "fire Schoddy" phase, you kept saying that coaching wasn't all that important. So why now, is Rex such a burden, hmm? Did coaching suddenly become important?

Rick Stroud ‏@NFLSTROUD
    Steelers coach Mike Tomlin says the read option is the flavor of the month. "We'll see if it's the flavor of the year."

Hall Of Fame
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    yes! RT @HubbuchNYP: Good news, Ducasse fans: Rex just declared another Summer of Vlad. Should be gripping.

Hall Of Fame
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Ryan tells reporters that opening day is the goal regarding Holmes' rehab from foot surgery. Similar approach last yr w/ Landry. #Jets

Hall Of Fame
    Rex on losing Dustin Keller: "If Dustin's healthy, he's a weapon. He's got WR skills in a TE body."

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Ryan tells reporters that opening day is the goal regarding Holmes' rehab from foot surgery. Similar approach last yr w/ Landry. #Jets
    wow. can't count on him this year.

I have no problem with what Rex says. I'd rather him talk up our team than to talk it down. There has to be some level of confidence. Im just happy he stopped guaranteeing super bowls

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    It's amazing how SOJF's hate anyone that's optimistic.. Rex is who he is and some just hate it..
    +1. Sure Rex has to watch what he says at times. But in this instance, he's just talking about his players - not making Super Bowl predictions.

Everyone needs to relax a bit. Rex isn't going to turn into Mangini overnight. Nor should he. He just needs to temper himself a bit. Saying that Ellis is competing for the NT spot vs. starting is a good example. So he was corrected - not really a huge deal.

Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    serious question, C Mart: During my whole "fire Schoddy" phase, you kept saying that coaching wasn't all that important. So why now, is Rex such a burden, hmm? Did coaching suddenly become important?
    Never said coaching wasn't...JMO that Rex isn't a HC. He should stick to being a DC..

BTW--Shoddy wasn't as bad as Sprano..Which many people said couldn't be possible..Since they said he was the worst OC alive
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-19-2013 at 10:57 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    wow. can't count on him this year.
    Probably not, plus Holmes doesnt exactly come across as a guy who will be busting his ass to get back on the field as soon a s possible either.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Never said coaching wasn't...JMO that Rex isn't a HC. He should stick to being a DC
    okee dokee. I must be confusing you with someone else. sorry.

Hall Of Fame
    personally, I love how Rex gets the SOJFs mouths foaming. I hope one day they can leave because of him and go become happy Browns fans.
    LOL...right, just like how people throw around the SOJF label the second someone says something negative about the Jets. Save it, its old.

Veteran
    It's amazing how SOJF's hate anyone that's optimistic.. Rex is who he is and some just hate it..
    It's amazing how the kool aid crew can't see this guy is a friggin blowhard, I was so happy with him being quiet while Idzik made some moves...but no he has to open his big yap again...

Hall Of Fame
    LOL...right, just like how people throw around the SOJF label the second someone says something negative about the Jets. Save it, its old.
    S! O! J! F!
    SOJF!!!!!

Veteran
    personally, I love how Rex gets the SOJFs mouths foaming. I hope one day they can leave because of him and go become happy Browns fans.
    I was ok with Rex being quiet and rebuilding this team...but, can't he just shut up, his words are meaningless and hot air...**** the kool aid crew

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Please, save your SOJF shtick I am hardly a SOJF, just tired of Rex.
    I can understand about Bowl predictions but some of you complain when he says anything.. And if we had a HC that said nothing would you be happy?? Trust me fans would complain about that as well.. Bottom line is Jet Fans in general just love to whine about anything..

Veteran
    I can understand about Bowl predictions but some of you complain when he says anything.. And if we had a HC that said nothing would you be happy?? Trust me fans would complain about that as well.. Bottom line is Jet Fans in general just love to whine about anything..
    Yes, I would be happy with a quiet coach coming of a disastrous season, the team and coaches were gutted(which I'm fine with) can we rebuild before he pops his mouth off...