Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Owners Meetings Tweets-Tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I would add either Garrard or Kolb will be upgrade over Sanchez

Hill will be year better, Holmes will be back (say what want about him, he's an upgrade over what we had)

Honestly, I know a lot of people are calling this a throw away year. We're not winning any superbowls, but I honestly believe they will be better than last year.
    I think with a good draft we could win a superbowl. Just need to get to the playoffs and anything can happen. And we CAN get to the playoffs next year.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    That Carson Palmer trade was an absolute disaster.
    What are you talking about? The megalomaniac coach at the time called it the greatest trade in the histoy of the NFL....hahaha

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    I think with a good draft we could win a superbowl. Just need to get to the playoffs and anything can happen. And we CAN get to the playoffs next year.
    Giants know that but Eli came up big when it counted..

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @ConorTOrr: Antonio Garay was on w/ @cc660 this morning + said Cromartie, Kenrick Ellis (along with a lot of other guys) are in facility working out.
    Cro should be made captain. Enough with the no captains garbage.

Hall Of Fame
    As for Rex talking. This is Rex-lite, it's nothing compared to the BS he used to try to sell.

One more year ......

Also a Jet

@mowilkerson: Nice Lil workout wit my bro @jaiquawnjarrett

Also a Jet

@mowilkerson: Nice Lil workout wit my bro @jaiquawnjarrett
    He was signed on New Year's Eve to a reserve contract.

Second round pick out of Temple by the Eagles in 2011. Ran a 4.62 at the combine.

6'0'' 196 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    He was signed on New Year's Eve to a reserve contract.

Second round pick out of Temple by the Eagles in 2011. Ran a 4.62 at the combine.

6'0'' 196 lbs.
    Yeah I remember they worked him out earlier in the season. May even have been on the PS, I can't recall.

@NFLSTROUD: Glazer took responsibility for blackouts and poor attendance, noting the Bucs haven't made the playoffs in five years.

Could be a major factor in their interest for Revis.

I love the Rex bashing for no reason here.

This is supposed to be a down year, as his first year was. If he gets this team to the playoffs and somehow manages to win a game, all the SOJF/Rex bashers are going to come on here saying Rex needs to be fired because he can't win when it matters...nevermind that he's already overachieved with the '09 and '12 squads.

Both teams sucked, and he went to the afccg in '09, and managed to still play meaningful games until the 15th game of the season. In '10, he again got us to the afccg, granted his defense wasn't ready for the hurtin mendy put on them in the first half.

I like everything about Rex the HC of the Jets. I think that with Idzik completely taking over player personnel decisions from Rex and handling them like a pro, and with a proven OC in Marty, Rex can get us back into the playoffs this year. The draft and the post draft FA period are the key determinants of this, but I like that Rex is on our side. It's bold, but I'm going on record with it.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Please, save your SOJF shtick I am hardly a SOJF, just tired of Rex.
    +1

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    If you remember any of Rex's press conference's he gets corrected all the time.. Many time's he even asks for correction..
    says a lot about his intelligence now doesn't it?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post

Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    says a lot about his intelligence now doesn't it?
    Hey. Takes a big man to admit when he needs help.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Rex Ryan tells me he's going to be Jets def play caller. First time he'll make majority, if not, all calls since '09 http://nydn.us/ZSmpMC

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Rex Ryan tells me he's going to be Jets def play caller. First time he'll make majority, if not, all calls since '09 http://nydn.us/ZSmpMC
    Head Coach? Nope. I really just want to be a DC. Let the team coach itself

Same ole Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    So we are arguing semantics now?? If Rex asks for clarification on something he just said that was wrong is he not corrected??
    A HC should only say things he is 100% sure is correct. If he is unsure he should not speak instead of pulling **** out of his ass.

Remain silent and be thought a fool; speak and remove all doubt.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post

Same ole Rex.
    Would you prefer he turn the reigns over to Thurman? HCs who are former OCs are often responsible for the offensive play calling. This is really no different.

The fact that Thurman is a rookie DC and Rex knows his a$$ is on the line this year makes his decision a no brainer as far as I'm concerned.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post

Same ole Rex.
    Wait, so you want him to coach the Offense? I sure don't.

But, hopefully Rex has learned that his contribution to the Offense should be to simply give MM and the Offensive players his blessing to score as many points as possible. Unconditionally.

None of this "don't f*ck it up, Offense" crap by his Defensive players.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Wait, so you want him to coach the Offense? I sure don't.

But, hopefully Rex has learned that his contribution to the Offense should be to simply give MM and the Offensive players his blessing to score as many points as possible. Unconditionally.

None of this "don't f*ck it up, Offense" crap by his Defensive players.
    I would assume he wants him to be a HEAD coach, not a Dcoordinator who happens to have the title of head coach.