Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: REX RYAN please shut up !!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    So all the coaches talk about their "athletic" players with untapped potential, blah, blah, blah?

All I know is, whenever someone with the Jets staff starts talking like that, the guys gonna be a bust.
    He said the same things about Wilkerson and Coples. You think they are busts?

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    He said the same things about Wilkerson and Coples. You think they are busts?
    I never heard anyone say they were projects, or "raw talent".

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Not a good example. The Orioles didn't give us that game or the series. The Colts waived the white flag in that game. We didn't win b.c of a missed call.
    Both teams should have lost, both teams caught a break.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Did he talk up Ducasse? I don't recall a situation where he talked up young players that sucked.
    Rex talked up Gholston. And Sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    He's been showering praise liberally since 2009, regardless of the player. Praise from Rex is like a compliment from a hooker
    LOL. That's the perfect analogy.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by franke19 View Post
    Why is Rex Ryan still allowed to speak ?? Why cant Woody put the gag rule on him? .He continues to disgust Jet fans with his continual stupid remarks
    I feel the same way, but I was hoping we could find a way to put a gag order on fans!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Rex talked up Gholston. And Sanchez.
    Gholston was more hopeful than bravado. By then we knew what he was. So if Rex did talk him up a bit and you bought it, that's your problem.

Sanchez at the time was playing well. Hasn't talked him up recently, has he?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gholston was more hopeful than bravado. By then we knew what he was. So if Rex did talk him up a bit and you bought it, that's your problem.

Sanchez at the time was playing well. Hasn't talked him up recently, has he?
    Nobody said I bought it on Gholston. I did not. None of that does anything to alter the fact that Rex was either and idiot or a liar when it came to that.

Rex gave us the whole "best chance to win" argument on Sanchez pretty much through the end of the year last year even while Sanchez was killing the team on a weekly basis. Again he is either blind or telling tall tales. I think it is the latter and that he was lying to try and help the former GM. All of which means I am skeptical of any and all such statements from Rex until I see confirmation with my own eyes of a player making plays on the field.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Color me as skeptical. I need to see it on the field. Rex has a history of talking up some young players who SUCKED.
    Demario showed potential last year. He made some mistakes, but he also made some plays. He's a small school prospect, so an adjustment to the speed of the NFL is expected. With a year (and some playing time) under his belt, I expect him to step it up this season.

I'm sure the coaching staff feels the same way.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nobody said I bought it on Gholston. I did not. None of that does anything to alter the fact that Rex was either and idiot or a liar when it came to that.

Rex gave us the whole "best chance to win" argument on Sanchez pretty much through the end of the year last year even while Sanchez was killing the team on a weekly basis. Again he is either blind or telling tall tales. I think it is the latter and that he was lying to try and help the former GM. All of which means I am skeptical of any and all such statements from Rex until I see confirmation with my own eyes of a player making plays on the field.
    Uhh... no he didn't. Otherwise he wouldn't have been benched twice. Actions speak louder than words, as you say.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uhh... no he didn't. Otherwise he wouldn't have been benched twice. Actions speak louder than words, as you say.
    He was benched after all other options had been exhausted and pretty much a couple of months after everyone on the planet was saying it was well past time to sit the QB. We got the "best chance to win" speech each week every week up until that time. Maybe you missed the press conferences. EVERY WEEK. Rex was lying to try and save Mike Tannenbaum's job. It was the same thing he was doing with his little Gholston updates.

The point is that Rex has no credibility on this subject whatsoever. He has been shown to be a liar about this kind of stuff. That was the point with my initial post in this thread and it is still the point now. None of this means that Davis is not going to be a good player for us. He may become a HOFer for all I know. It just means that just because Rex says it does not mean that it is true.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanchez was our best chance at winning last year thanks to Mr. T giving us ZERO competition at QB. Tebow and Mcelroy would not unseat a single backup QB in this league. Whether it was his fault, or not, for allowing the jets to have zero competition at QB is a different question.

I really hope you aren't one of those people that think Teblow could be an NFL QB.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez was our best chance at winning last year thanks to Mr. T giving us ZERO competition at QB. Tebow and Mcelroy would not unseat a single backup QB in this league. Whether it was his fault, or not, for allowing the jets to have zero competition at QB is a different question.

I really hope you aren't one of those people that think Teblow could be an NFL QB.
    Well he certainly is athletic and has untapped potential.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    He was benched after all other options had been exhausted and pretty much a couple of months after everyone on the planet was saying it was well past time to sit the QB. We got the "best chance to win" speech each week every week up until that time. Maybe you missed the press conferences. EVERY WEEK. Rex was lying to try and save Mike Tannenbaum's job. It was the same thing he was doing with his little Gholston updates.

The point is that Rex has no credibility on this subject whatsoever. He has been shown to be a liar about this kind of stuff. That was the point with my initial post in this thread and it is still the point now. None of this means that Davis is not going to be a good player for us. He may become a HOFer for all I know. It just means that just because Rex says it does not mean that it is true.
    Of course every other coach tells the truth at all times?? While it may have been fun watching Tebow get confused all the Jets QB's sucked last year..

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Of course every other coach tells the truth at all times?? While it may have been fun watching Tebow get confused all the Jets QB's sucked last year..
    That's an understatement.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

No I thought it was time to see what McElroy had to offer plus I thought that actually benching Sanchez might induce a change that pampering him and blowing smoke up his ass had not.

Have I ever said that I thought Tebow was a competent QB? I have simply pointed out the Rex has a history of either being stupid or a liar when it comes to his public evaluations of younger Jets talent. Please explain the leap of logic in your mind which goes from pointing that out to my thinking Tebow is a competent NFL QB.

Have you stopped beating your wife recently? Yes or no answer please.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    holy ****, some of you people are miserable *****es...this board is ****ing unreadable with the amount of posts like this once.
    Oh, I forgot. We are here to make you happy.

There are 100's of active threads. How about you don't read the ones with titles you don't like? Works for me every time.

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

just last year? MT didnt give Rex ANY competition in 4 ALL years.. Kellen clemens 09, brunell 10/11 and last year combo of tebow/mcelroy..

also about tebow.. Im not 1 to think he is a great qb,but the kid did a much better job getting his team to win in the only chance he ever got to play in 2011.. I dont think he could have had the same success with the Jets O, especially with Sparano running the O. But it would be HARD work for tebow (or 100 other different qbs) to play worse than Sanchez last year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Well Rex did compare Davis to a "young Ray Lewis" last year so I guess he's learning to restrain himself somewhat

Seriously though, I don't think he's doing these young players a favor by pumping them up with his over the top compliments.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Well Rex did compare Davis to a "young Ray Lewis" last year so I guess he's learning to restrain himself somewhat

Seriously though, I don't think he's doing these young players a favor by pumping them up with his over the top compliments.
    Be fair Buzz he was talking about leadership Davis showed not his playing ability..