Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: REX RYAN please shut up !!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I agree with OP, who wants to hear that a young draft pick from last year has "star potential."

Bart Hubbuch ‏@HubbuchNYP
    Rex is talking up Demario Davis, says he has star potential and is a player Jets fans should be very excited about.
    How dare anyone say something good about a Jet???

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

How can we make Rex really, really fat again?

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Did he talk up Ducasse? I don't recall a situation where he talked up young players that sucked.
    He never really talked up Kyle Wilson either. Said he was solid, which I think is fairly accurate. He did give us some false hope with Gholston though. But I think alot of that was "hope" rather than praise.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

He never really talked up Kyle Wilson either. Said he was solid, which I think is fairly accurate. He did give us some false hope with Gholston though. But I think alot of that was "hope" rather than praise.
    Not in his book he didn't..

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Lets see....

Rex talks; back-to-back AFCCG appearances.

Rex shuts up; 8-8 and 6-10 seasons.

I dont know about you, but I'd rather have him talk.

Keep talking and saying more Superbowls, Rex!
    R U serious? Nice avatar by the way....More super bowls? Where are the first ones?
    oh and please, I don't want to hear 2 AFCCG's
    They would not have even made the playoffs in '09 had it not been for Polian pulling Peyton Manning out of that second half

Did he talk up Ducasse? I don't recall a situation where he talked up young players that sucked.
    @NFLSTROUD: Ryan says the Jets will play with a passion and competitiveness that won't be matched in the league.

@MMehtaNYDN: Rex Ryan on Ducasse: "he has all the physical tools. He just kind of needs that experience"

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Rex is walking the green mile, let the poor thing say whatever he wants.

SAR I

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

Rex is walking the green mile, let the poor thing say whatever he wants.

SAR I
    I tend to agree. But I'm tired about these guys that have "potential". They're bozo's that never catch on. I don't hear other coaches saying this kind of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    R U serious? Nice avatar by the way....More super bowls? Where are the first ones?
    oh and please, I don't want to hear 2 AFCCG's
    They would not have even made the playoffs in '09 had it not been for Polian pulling Peyton Manning out of that second half
    Ahh, a true SOJF making excuses for our success. "Sure we won, but we didn't deserve to win."

You never hear Yankee fans saying, sure we won in 1996, but we didn't deserve to because of the Jeffrey Maier play.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    I tend to agree. But I'm tired about these guys that have "potential". They're bozo's that never catch on. I don't hear other coaches saying this kind of stuff.
    How many other coaches do you follow?? Rex is a great sound bite thats why he gets so much attention.. Alot of other coaches are boring but they praise their players they just don't do it to the media..

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/200...ses_durin.html
    S Eric Smith had yet another interception Thursday, his fifth in two days, but tweaked his right hamstring. Ryan said Smith reminded him of Ravens Pro Bowl S Ed Reed. High praise

Hall Of Fame
    I wish they would just cut bait with Vlad. Enough is enough. Tanny is gone. There is no face left to save.

He is a lock to be a starter BTW.

I didn't know you followed every quote that every Head Coach says on a day by day basis. You must have plenty of free time on your hands.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    How many other coaches do you follow?? Rex is a great sound bite thats why he gets so much attention.. Alot of other coaches are boring but they praise their players they just don't do it to the media..
    So all the coaches talk about their "athletic" players with untapped potential, blah, blah, blah?

All I know is, whenever someone with the Jets staff starts talking like that, the guys gonna be a bust.

holy ****, some of you people are miserable *****es...this board is ****ing unreadable with the amount of posts like this once.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/200...n_feels_t.html

Ryan feels Pro Bowl cornerback Darrelle Revis is the best cover guy in the league. He said when your "second corner" is one-time Pro Bowler Lito Sheppard, you're doing "pretty good."

Safety Kerry Rhodes is the second coming of perennial Pro Bowler Ed Reed, says Ryan, and his partner, ex-Ravens safety Jim Leonhard, is the quintessential set-up for the gifted Rhodes -- and he can also make plays.
    He's been showering praise liberally since 2009, regardless of the player. Praise from Rex is like a compliment from a hooker
    Last edited by Down, Set, Haiku; 03-19-2013 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Typo

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

So all the coaches talk about their "athletic" players with untapped potential, blah, blah, blah?

All I know is, whenever someone with the Jets staff starts talking like that, the guys gonna be a bust.
    Hmmm The Tuna praised Cumar and he had just 3.5 ypc in 98 and 14 yds rushing and a fumble in the Denver AFCCG.. You may be on to something..

Hall Of Fame
    Ahh, a true SOJF making excuses for our success. "Sure we won, but we didn't deserve to win."

You never hear Yankee fans saying, sure we won in 1996, but we didn't deserve to because of the Jeffrey Maier play.
    Not a good example. The Orioles didn't give us that game or the series. The Colts waived the white flag in that game. We didn't win b.c of a missed call.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Hmmm The Tuna praised Cumar and he had just 3.5 ypc in 98 and 14 yds rushing and a fumble in the Denver AFCCG.. You may be on to something..
    You're missing the point. I'm talking about the guys that are "athletic" with "untapped potential", "raw talent", etc. Basically friggin projects.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    holy ****, some of you people are miserable *****es...this board is ****ing unreadable with the amount of posts like this once.
    For some reason, this made me chuckle.