Thread: Matt Flynn?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Matt Flynn?

What's up with this bro? A quick Google search reveals some tepid trade rumours but nothing seemingly becoming of his situation: hot commodity last offseason who was usurped by a rookie. This should be prime trade bait territory, yet not much interest around the league.

With Idzik here I thought he'd be a target. Has anyone heard anything Flynn-Jets related? I would certainly prefer him to Kolb. Izzy knows best?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    What's up with this bro? A quick Google search reveals some tepid trade rumours but nothing seemingly becoming of his situation: hot commodity last offseason who was usurped by a rookie. This should be prime trade bait territory, yet not much interest around the league.

With Idzik here I thought he'd be a target. Has anyone heard anything Flynn-Jets related? I would certainly prefer him to Kolb. Izzy knows best?
    Flynn will be 28 at the start of the season, started one game and got beat by a rookie in Training Camp. Kolb at least played more than one game and won't cost the Jets draft picks. If they get a deall for Flynn, sure. But, they shouldn't throw away picks on him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't see it happening, he'll cost picks and his contract. Kolb is going to be
    picked up if his demands aren't outrageous. The only time he's been
    successful is under Mornhinweg in PHI. He would be stupid not to come here
    and have an open competiton with Sanchez & Garrard

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is trash why would we want him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    What's up with this bro?
    Same thing that's up with Alex Smith and Matt Moore. Too expensive and not good. You guys say what you want Garrard is better at 1/10th the cost.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    Don't see it happening, he'll cost picks and his contract. Kolb is going to be
    picked up if his demands aren't outrageous. The only time he's been
    successful is under Mornhinweg in PHI. He would be stupid not to come here
    and have an open competiton with Sanchez & Garrard
    You guys act like just b/c Kolb is playing in Morhinweg's system he's going to return to this incredible form he had in Philly (he actually was not that good in Philly). I remember Kolb having guys like Desean Jackson, Brent Celek and Lesean McCoy to hand off to and dink and dunk it in the flats. Our playmakers are currently decent at best and we don't have anyone close to a Jackson or McCoy.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Same thing that's up with Alex Smith and Matt Moore. Too expensive and not good. You guys say what you want Garrard is better at 1/10th the cost.
    Cant argue with that at all given Garrard's salary and past performance. Trouble though, could be that Garrard may not make be able to make the roster after a 2 year hiatus. The next month will be interesting as hell.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    My opinion is the Jets are going to target a QB in the draft. If they get him, great. If not, then they sign a guy like Kolb or make an offer for Flynn. Patience is the new Jet virtue. I like it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by One Eye View Post
    My opinion is the Jets are going to target a QB in the draft. If they get him, great. If not, then they sign a guy like Kolb or make an offer for Flynn. Patience is the new Jet virtue. I like it.
    I can almost see them waiting on Oakland or Dallas to make their moves. Palmer as a FA I can see us at least looking at. I still say Dallas trades Romo they just dont have the cap this year or next year to keep him and they are still like 6-7 mil over the cap. If not Orton is likely cut and I can see us going after him. Orton and Palmer IMO would be better options then anything we saw at the start of FA.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seahawks are not trading Flynn. They are making a run for the Super Bowl. Being that Russell Wilson is making nothing, they can afford to have flynn on the roster. Now, if something happens to wilson, they still have a chance and the season isnt over.

Matt Flynn isnt going anywhere this year.