Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 104 of 104

Thread: Tavon Austin at 9

  1. #101
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,808
    Post Thanks / Like
    Both Polian and Mangini aren't seeing Austin as a top of the 1st round type player. Too small. Can only play in the slot which limits the O you can run to get him touches. When Austin lined up on the outside he really struggled.

  2. #102
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    E'Ville
    Posts
    1,241
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Both Polian and Mangini aren't seeing Austin as a top of the 1st round type player. Too small. Can only play in the slot which limits the O you can run to get him touches. When Austin lined up on the outside he really struggled.
    I hope that is not how our front office thinks.

    I'm not dying to get Austin, but the point remains that if all you see him as is a slot receiver, then you're doing it wrong.

  3. #103
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,915
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    I hope that is not how our front office thinks.

    I'm not dying to get Austin, but the point remains that if all you see him as is a slot receiver, then you're doing it wrong.
    I see a really good WR with a limited up side in a class stacked with really good WRs. He could be anther DJax but DJaz was a 2nd rounder for a reason. Just dont think he is worth a top 16 pick.

  4. #104
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    5,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I see a really good WR with a limited up side in a class stacked with really good WRs. He could be anther DJax but DJaz was a 2nd rounder for a reason. Just dont think he is worth a top 16 pick.
    I would rather trade down a take patterson or Allen who still think will have better or just as good careers as austin

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us