Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre draft rankings: Oooof

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    Go check the pre-season rankings from 2009.

The Jets were projected for a max of 6 wins and were supposed to be rebuilding for years.

Point is these things mean less than nothing.
    No, they finished pretty much where they were expected to at 9-7. out of the 8 largest media sports outlets only 2 predicting the jets were off by more than 1 win.

http://kottke.org/10/01/rating-the-p...on-predictions

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Yes
    For you maybe.

No, they finished pretty much where they were expected to at 9-7. out of the 8 largest media sports outlets only 2 predicting the jets were off by more than 1 win.

From your own link

"- Nearly everyone was very wrong about the Steelers, Giants, Titans, Jets, Bengals, and Saints...and to a lesser extent, the Redskins, Bears, Vikings, and Packers. CBS Sports made the fewest big mistakes; their offset for the Bengals was only 4 places. The biggest mistakes were Fox Sports' choice and the Vegas ranking of the Bengals to finish 28th (offset: 19)."

Not sure what you are looking at but the offset of 11 was one of the highest.

Please point out the spot where anyone mentioned 9-7.

From your own link

"- Nearly everyone was very wrong about the Steelers, Giants, Titans, Jets, Bengals, and Saints...and to a lesser extent, the Redskins, Bears, Vikings, and Packers. CBS Sports made the fewest big mistakes; their offset for the Bengals was only 4 places. The biggest mistakes were Fox Sports' choice and the Vegas ranking of the Bengals to finish 28th (offset: 19)."

Not sure what you are looking at but the offset of 11 was one of the highest.

Please point out the spot where anyone mentioned 9-7.
    He read it wrong lol. The offset says 2, but that was in reference to Cards not the Jets. I am assuming that's what he did, can't be certain.

Just the fact that Oakland isn't last tells me all I need to know here. They are still without half a team and no real play makers at all on either end. But yeah they are better then the JETS

I hope we have the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft next year, but I doubt we will. Rex will put a D and conservative offense out there that will win enough games to keep us from getting a franchise QB or Clowney.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    I hope we have the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft next year, but I doubt we will. Rex will put a D and conservative offense out there that will win enough games to keep us from getting a franchise QB or Clowney.
    I don't think you'll see any franchise QBs com out of next years class so no big loss IMO. Clowney if he declares will be a Raider. Only say if because IF I was looking at Oakland I'd opt to stay. Then go in the sup draft and prey a better team gets the bid.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    And that's a problem?
    To me that more of an improvement.....

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Any particular type of wood we need??
    Fixed you bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    So aging ineffective starters leaving from a bad team is a bad thing?

Whatever. As someone said, if we're going to suck, this is a good year. I would take 1-15 right now if it meant bridgewater.

Glad we're not hanging onto our decrepit departures and guarenteeing a mediocre 6 or 7 wins again. I love how media thinks this is baseball with long rebuild times. With this much roster turnover, if we get decent qb play we could be a playoff team.

But nope, Jim Nobody says it's doom and gloom for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    Amazing that the media wants you to think we are dismantling the 1985
    Bears. We were 6-10, older & under-performing players should be cut loose.
    And for everyone crying the blues that "rebuilding" will take years, just
    look back at the Jets from 2005 to 2006. A ton of similarities to what's
    going on today
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    The main problem is that for New York sports fans and equivalently the writers, the word "rebuilding" is blasphemy. It is a bad word that nobody likes, even if it's a good thing. It shows weakness.
    These guys get it.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    dump
    You don't. GFY

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    He read it wrong lol. The offset says 2, but that was in reference to Cards not the Jets. I am assuming that's what he did, can't be certain.
    He can't even troll right.

I'm still waiting to see this Nostradamus prediction of 9-7 when the odds on favorite that year for our starting QB was Kellen Clemens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I don't think you'll see any franchise QBs com out of next years class so no big loss IMO. Clowney if he declares will be a Raider. Only say if because IF I was looking at Oakland I'd opt to stay. Then go in the sup draft and prey a better team gets the bid.
    Bridgewater and possibly Manziel.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post

31-Jets 6-10 Welcome to the Rex-odus. Seven of the 22 starters from last year's 6-10 team are gone. (Hensley)
    such laziness. I wish I could phone it in like this and still have clients and work.

All Pro
    Go check the pre-season rankings from 2009.

The Jets were projected for a max of 6 wins and were supposed to be rebuilding for years.

Point is these things mean less than nothing.
    Oh no. That team had all pros at every position. I've heard it here a million times. Rex(as a rookie HC) couldn't get that allstar team that Mangini put together to the SB, and that proves he's terrible coach, and will always be. We were lucky to win the 2 games we won last year, and next year we won't win any games, and thank God Rex will be fired.

All Pro

Here's last years rankings. How relevant do you think this was? Only (Same old) Jet fans would get hysterical over pre season power rankings. More pathetic every year, and only a Pat troll would try to encourage this behavior. Yes I know that you know what you're doing. We lost all of those starters, but most of them were playing past their prime, and making way for younger players that were playing more as the year went on, and they will all be replaced by better players. If we hit on one edge rusher, and get decent QB play, and get our Offense coordinated we will be in every game this year. Then if we can get a good QB next year we will be ready to contend again.

RANK TEAM/RECORD COMMENTS
    Giants
    9-7 The Giants have lost significant pieces from their Super Bowl team and won only nine regular-season games in 2011, but they are the defending champs. They will be the team to beat. (Fox)
    Patriots
    13-3 Adding deep-threat receiver Brandon Lloyd could give the Patriots the NFL's most versatile passing attack. (Walker)
    Packers
    15-1 Yet another quiet offseason for Ted Thompson as the Pack await help in the draft. (Clayton)
    49ers
    13-3 All 11 defensive starters return from last season, with Aldon Smith expected to crack the lineup after 14-sack rookie season. (Sando)
    Ravens
    12-4 QB Joe Flacco's strong finish in the playoffs gives the Ravens hope they can get over the championship hump. (Walker)
    Texans
    10-6 Have lost a great deal: Mario Williams, Eric Winston, DeMeco Ryans and Mike Brisiel. (Kuharsky)
    Lions
    10-6 The Lions have spent their free-agency period re-signing key free agents. (Clayton)
    Broncos
    8-8 If healthy, Peyton Manning should lift all of the Broncos' boats. We've already got them as tops in the division and they'll still be adding pieces around him. (Kuharsky)
    Steelers
    12-4 The salary cap crashed hard on the Steelers. But you can never count out this consistent franchise. (Walker)
    Bears
    8-8 The Jay Cutler-Brandon Marshall combo will be hard for defenses to stop. (Clayton)
    Saints
    13-3 Saints fell nine spots in rankings from last season, tied with Oakland for the biggest drop of any team. (Sando)
    Eagles
    8-8 The Eagles finally have a quality middle linebacker in DeMeco Ryans, whom they stole from Houston. And they have a happy DeSean Jackson. (Fox)
    Falcons
    10-6 Falcons have to like their chances with the Saints reeling from sanctions levied in the bounty scandal. (Sando)
    Cowboys
    8-8 The Cowboys have filled some holes through free agency, but they have more work to do. Atop the list: finding another pass-rusher. (Fox)
    Chargers
    8-8 They did a nice job recovering from Vincent Jackson's departure. But the head coach is still the same and until Norv Turner breaks through with the Chargers, a lot of people are going to presume he cannot. (Kuharsky)
    Titans
    9-7 Added one veteran to both lines, but still need more help. (Kuharsky)
    Chiefs
    7-9 Getting healthy will make a big difference for the Chiefs, who are under new leadership with Romeo Crennel. But is that enough to make up ground in the AFC West? (Kuharsky)
    Panthers
    6-10 Can Cam Newton shatter expectations for a second season in a row? (Sando)
    Bengals
    9-7 The Bengals haven't had back-to-back winning seasons in 30 years. But young guns Andy Dalton and A.J. Green aim to end the streak. (Walker)
    Jets
    8-8 Tim Tebow-mania invades the Big Apple. But will Tebow help the Jets win games or cause a distraction? (Walker)
    Cardinals
    8-8 Cardinals still hoping to win their bet on Kevin Kolb, but John Skelton will compete for the starting job. (Sando)
    Seahawks
    7-9 Matt Flynn's acquisition in free agency gives the Seahawks fresh hope at quarterback for the first time in years. (Sando)
    Bills
    6-10 The Bills are not done making improvements, but DE Mario Williams was a huge step in the right direction. (Walker)
    Buccaneers
    4-12 Buccaneers jumped five spots in our rankings from last season after moving aggressively in free agency. (Sando)
    Redskins
    5-11 By trading for the No. 2 pick in the draft, the Redskins and Mike Shanahan will finally have a legitimate quarterback around which to build. (Fox)
    Raiders
    8-8 A new GM and a new coach are overseeing a roster that's been dented by a lot of salary-cap cuts. Carson Palmer's a question mark as they try to get it together. (Kuharsky)
    Jaguars
    5-11 The defense is near championship caliber. The offense is an entirely different story. (Kuharsky)
    Dolphins
    6-10 This once-promising team has been gutted by the front office. (Walker)
    Rams
    2-14 Jeff Fisher, Dave McGinnis and Chuck Cecil fill the void left by defensive coordinator Gregg Williams' indefinite suspension. (Sando)
    Browns
    4-12 The Browns can't run, throw or catch on offense. Other than that, they're fine. (Walker)
    Vikings
    3-13 The Vikings officially are in rebuilding mode. (Clayton)
    Colts
    2-14 Indianapolis could draft first again in 2013. Matt Barkley could bring a nice trade package. (Kuharsky)

All Pro
    The offense is not going to be conservative next year. Playing scared is out, and MM is in. Even Rex has said that the offense is going to be as aggressive as the defense this year.

Bridgewater and possibly Manziel.
    Bridgewater maybe still yet to prove himself. Manziel no not even close. I am not high on any of the QBs in next years class. I don't see a franchise QB in any of them.

Any particular type of wood we need??
    WOODS / USC / WR

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Bridgewater maybe still yet to prove himself. Manziel no not even close. I am not high on any of the QBs in next years class. I don't see a franchise QB in any of them.
    I can somewhat buy the Manziel argument. He is small and Texas A&M was loaded. But Bridgewater is a stud in every sense of the word. He might not turn out to be a great pro but he is an outstanding prospect.

Any particular type of wood we need?? :P
    Woods/WR

There is an inverse relationship between the teams perception preseason and what actually happens.