Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pre draft rankings: Oooof

i sure hope we finish with less than 3 wins. next year has a crop of qbs that we cannot miss out on. its worth being bad for 1 year than being great for 10.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Seven of the 22 starters from last year's 6-10 team are gone. (Hensley)
    you say that like its a bad thing. its not - we had lots of dead wood. you know, like a log.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    I think anyone whos watched the Jets in the last 15 years knows we will at least 9 games solely based on the fact that everyone thinks we are going to suck.
    This is the problem with the Jets.

They never suck badly enough to get the guy they need to push them over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    you say that like its a bad thing. its not - we had lots of dead wood. you know, like a log.
    I didn't say that. That was in the article.

colts were 32nd last year in power rankings. how that end up

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    From your own link

"- Nearly everyone was very wrong about the Steelers, Giants, Titans, Jets, Bengals, and Saints...and to a lesser extent, the Redskins, Bears, Vikings, and Packers. CBS Sports made the fewest big mistakes; their offset for the Bengals was only 4 places. The biggest mistakes were Fox Sports' choice and the Vegas ranking of the Bengals to finish 28th (offset: 19)."

Not sure what you are looking at but the offset of 11 was one of the highest.

Please point out the spot where anyone mentioned 9-7.
    The ventian odds had the jets at 8 wins, the won 9, my point was nobody thought the jets were going to be a 5 win team or anything along that line.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...son-win-totals
    Last edited by patman; 03-20-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Some people don't understand that "Oooof it's going to be along year" is meant for the media playing the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by PrivateJoker6 View Post
    colts were 32nd last year in power rankings. how that end up
    We don't have an Andrew Luck, unfortunately

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by N Y J View Post
    i sure hope we finish with less than 3 wins. next year has a crop of qbs that we cannot miss out on. its worth being bad for 1 year than being great for 10.
    I hate this line of thinking. It's a loser mentality. Be thankful Parcells purged the franchise of that mentality in 1997, we don't need it back.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    I hate this line of thinking. It's a loser mentality. Be thankful Parcells purged the franchise of that mentality in 1997, we don't need it back.
    hey i understand any given sunday anything can happen, I'm all for that. Except, when the QB you have on the team (sanchez) you know full well won't be there next year. This team is not going to do anything this year, it may surprise us by going .500 but that's the ceiling honestly. It maybe a loser mentality but I think the Colts are A okay with the fact that they were awful for a year and now are set for the next 10 years +.

Quote Originally Posted by N Y J View Post
    hey i understand any given sunday anything can happen, I'm all for that. Except, when the QB you have on the team (sanchez) you know full well won't be there next year. This team is not going to do anything this year, it may surprise us by going .500 but that's the ceiling honestly. It maybe a loser mentality but I think the Colts are A okay with the fact that they were awful for a year and now are set for the next 10 years +.
    Speak for yourself man. Screw the Colts who cares about them. You play to win or don't bother showing up. A loser mentality makes you a loser .5000 certainly ain't the ceiling so keep it.