Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: McClain anyone?

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,629

    McClain anyone?

    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/raiders...3766--nfl.html

    I am actually not opposed to trading for him. Shooting a guy in the face will get him street cred in this town. Just make him room mates with Sanchez. lol I'd give up as follows

    1 Tebow - Oakland is going to be bad next year. They have no real draw IMO. Why not just cut Palmer and do the Tebow for one year.

    2 Harris - Straight up. I think we actually save some cap on this but Harris is the best player Oakland is getting back lets face it.

    3 7th rounder. - He is likely getting released so maybe.

  2. #2
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    ...Harris - Straight up. I think we actually save some cap on this but Harris is the best player Oakland is getting back lets face it.
    The grass is always greener with some of you.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    yes trade a late round pick for this beast. rex will bring the best out of him here.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,629
    Quote Originally Posted by legler82 View Post
    The grass is always greener with some of you.
    It would actually be a good move for both teams. Harris is over paid but your not getting better in FA on either. Oakland gets back a viable MLB that can add a good vet presence and we get a younger and still talented guy that can play a 3-4 and I think get some cap back in the transaction.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    mcclain and harris would be a nasty duo teamed up with barnes and davis. a lb crew that could do some damage.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,382
    Demario Davis is an ILB, not an OLB.

    I'm a fan of his, but there's no need for Rolando McClain.

    Harris and Davis are the ILB's. McIntyre will be an OLB with Barnes subbing in for him on passing downs and the other OLB position is TBD, but likely to be Dion Jordan, Ezekial Ansah (if him it could change the McIntyre/Barnes dynamic) or Jarvis Jones.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/raiders...3766--nfl.html

    I am actually not opposed to trading for him. Shooting a guy in the face will get him street cred in this town. Just make him room mates with Sanchez. lol I'd give up as follows

    1 Tebow - Oakland is going to be bad next year. They have no real draw IMO. Why not just cut Palmer and do the Tebow for one year.

    2 Harris - Straight up. I think we actually save some cap on this but Harris is the best player Oakland is getting back lets face it.

    3 7th rounder. - He is likely getting released so maybe.
    No one trading for Rolando McClain. The raiders know that. IF Rolando McClain wasn't an ahole he would have been cut already.
    At some point Raiders are going to cut him and I hope they wait till the last cut before the season starts. . This way he finds it very hard to find a team for 2013 season.

    The sad part Is Tim Tebow can't even hold T Pryor jock strap as a QB. 9rathertake a used football than teblow)
    Last edited by Raider9175; 03-19-2013 at 11:35 PM.

  8. #8

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,731
    I would sign him and see if he can play inside as insurance in case Demario Davis sux or Harris gets injured

  10. #10
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,412
    The way Idzik runs things, RM to NYJ isn't happening.

    Just my opinion based on track record.

  11. #11
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,321


    Yippee-Ki-yayyyy M'er F'er!!!





    Ljr
    Last edited by lamont_jordan_rules; 04-05-2013 at 10:05 PM.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,731
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Demario Davis is an ILB, not an OLB.

    I'm a fan of his, but there's no need for Rolando McClain.

    Harris and Davis are the ILB's. McIntyre will be an OLB with Barnes subbing in for him on passing downs and the other OLB position is TBD, but likely to be Dion Jordan, Ezekial Ansah (if him it could change the McIntyre/Barnes dynamic) or Jarvis Jones.
    ILB could use an upgrade. Davis is a big question mark and Harris has been on the decline last 2 years. If he comes cheap McClain may be useful to have, at the very least as a back up/ rotation player

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    9,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    No one trading for Rolando McClain. The raiders know that. IF Rolando McClain wasn't an ahole he would have been cut already.
    At some point Raiders are going to cut him and I hope they wait till the last cut before the season starts. . This way he finds it very hard to find a team for 2013 season.

    The sad part Is Tim Tebow can't even hold T Pryor jock strap as a QB.
    9rathertake a used football than teblow)
    Pryor is way better too, because if he indeed sucks as an NFL QB, he can and will be a good wr or TE. TP is versatile like that.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,885
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Pryor is way better too, because if he indeed sucks as an NFL QB, he can and will be a good wr or TE. TP is versatile like that.
    Lol, Pryor was overrated coming out of high school and sucks more now.

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,067
    McClain was cut.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    9,362
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Lol, Pryor was overrated coming out of high school and sucks more now.
    Pryor wont be in the league next year. College glory counts a bit, but not payday wise.

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,088
    Sign this miscreant for short money

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,386
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    McClain was cut.
    sign this beast for cheap (jets money).

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,629
    He will never make it past waivers. NE will at very least put a claim in.

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    He will never make it past waivers. NE will at very least put a claim in.
    Yes he will. He's owed $4 mil this year and $6 mil next year. No one is paying him that.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us