Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jets Tweets & Info 03/20

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I am all for adding play makers, was all about drafting Floyd last year, preached all pre season on the need to bring in another vet WR. The draft just doesnt line up that way at #9 this year. It just sucks that the Jets have a top 10 pick in a year where there are no QBs, WRs, or RBs worth taking that high.
    There are already talks of Geno Smith going in the top 10. Once the first QB goes off the board there's going to be a feeding frenzy and opportunities to trade back. Christian freakin Ponder went 14th overall. I wouldnt mind the Jets taking Patterson in the 20's if they are able to trade back.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    the odds increase when you don't evaluate player properly
    So how is Patterson not being evaluated properly?

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Hopefully they will be spending alot more time watching the guy throwing him the ball, Tyler Bray.
    @AdamSchefter: Worth noting: Steelers' braintrust had dinner with Tennessee QB Tyler Bray before attending his Pro Day.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @AdamSchefter: Worth noting: Steelers' braintrust had dinner with Tennessee QB Tyler Bray before attending his Pro Day.
    Interesting.

Hall Of Fame
    Due diligence.

@DWAZ73: New #Jets RB Mike Goodson says it came down to Bengals & Jets, and he "felt like home" with Jets. Likes "direction" team is going in.

@DWAZ73: Goodson says his role, along with rest of RBs, is "to be determined" through competition. # Jets

Bray easily the most talented CB in draft. Steelers want to to see if he has head screwed on right. If so, nice heir apparent to Big Ben.

@DWAZ73: New #Jets RB Mike Goodson says it came down to Bengals & Jets, and he "felt like home" with Jets. Likes "direction" team is going in.

@DWAZ73: Goodson says his role, along with rest of RBs, is "to be determined" through competition. # Jets
    What? Please, tell us.

@Gil_Brandt: Was told Charles Woodson said on @NFLNetwork he thought "there would be a little more interest" in free agency. Sad to say I saw that coming

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    What? Please, tell us.
    Obviously for playing time, but what do you expect him to say??

I like you better on the Hotties forum.....

Quote Originally Posted by Metro_Irvin View Post
    Obviously for playing time, but what do you expect him to say??

I like you better on the Hotties forum.....
    He said he liked the team's "direction". No one, not even Itzik, knows this right now.

Okay, f**k-o? And what's with the boy crush on Irvin?

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    He said he liked the team's "direction". No one, not even Itzik, knows this right now.

Okay, f**k-o? And what's with the boy crush on Irvin?
    Do you really think he sat their and really thought out what exactly he meant when he said he liked the team's direction? Just generic talk my man. If he had signed with Oakland or Jacksonville he'd probably say the same thing.

In all likelihood he means he likes what the coaches told him in terms of his playing time and how he'll be used in the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    Jets can't worry about "potential" guys right now. athletic freak? yeah, but pretty raw too. Jets already have a similar guy in Hill. Jets don't have the luxury of being able to draft projects at the moment
    I think they are just doing their due diligence.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    busts happen at every position. but the odds of getting stud players are higher in the first than in other rounds.
    True...he could be our Julio Jones or Mother****er Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    True...he could be our Julio Jones or Mother****er Jones.
    Or Heyward-Bey/Charles Rogers...

Lol that's why I'd be terrified to draft him.

Originally Posted by BamaJets
    Jets can't worry about "potential" guys right now. athletic freak? yeah, but pretty raw too. Jets already have a similar guy in Hill. Jets don't have the luxury of being able to draft projects at the moment

Really? Why don't they have the luxury of drafting projects? It's not like they'll be competitive for another 2 to 3 years anyway.

and mingo could be gholson. works both ways.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    No damn way I'd take someone like Patterson or Austin in the 1st round.

The value of WR's in this draft is in rounds 2-4.

Would much rather have someone like Hopkins, Patton or Hunter in the 2nd round than Patterson or Austin at #9.

I would take AUSTIN over him for sure...

@TonyPauline: Told Tyler Bray/QB/Tennessee scripted his own workout and did whatever scouts requested. Went over well.