Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 83

Thread: Jets Tweets & Info 03/20

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    No damn way I'd take someone like Patterson or Austin in the 1st round.

    The value of WR's in this draft is in rounds 2-4.

    Would much rather have someone like Hopkins, Patton or Hunter in the 2nd round than Patterson or Austin at #9.
    I can see your argument about Paterson but with Austin I disagree. The guy can do everything from PR, to WR, to RB. Sort of like Harvin. Someone made a comparison to Welker but that's far fetched. He is much faster, much more elusive and much better after the catch. It's tough to put a comparison to Austin but that's why I like him.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    So how is Patterson not being evaluated properly?
    Good question!

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    I can see your argument about Paterson but with Austin I disagree. The guy can do everything from PR, to WR, to RB. Sort of like Harvin. Someone made a comparison to Welker but that's far fetched. He is much faster, much more elusive and much better after the catch. It's tough to put a comparison to Austin but that's why I like him.
    for some reason, there's a perception that the risk of a bust wr with guys like patterson and austin is significantly higher than with guys like mingo and anzah. and since rex arrived there's been a change not only on the jets but with a substantial portion of the fanbase, to emphasize defense over offense. in the 80s the jets had great skill players and were always fun to watch. somewhere after keyshawn was picked the FO dropped the ball. many fans on this board, it seems, would rather keep trying to have a great pass rusher than keep trying to get guys who can score.

    it's clear the jets are in full rebuilding mode. and they won't be a real threat until they upgrade the qb position. but even die hard, long time fans are losing patience with this organization. not merely because they stink, but because the product on the field is so boring. idzik faces numerous hurdles, one of which is fielding a reasonably entertaining product to entice people to come see the team. last year's offense was unwatchable. there was noone who was enjoyable to watch on offense except kerley. this must change. at some point the jets are going to have to invest first rounders on offensive skill positions.

  4. #64
    @ConorTOrr: Jets RBs (Greene, Powell, McKnight, Hilliard) had 41 catches for 332 yards last year. In 2010, Goodson had 40 catches for 310 in CAR. #nyj

  5. #65
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,072
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    for some reason, there's a perception that the risk of a bust wr with guys like patterson and austin is significantly higher than with guys like mingo and anzah. and since rex arrived there's been a change not only on the jets but with a substantial portion of the fanbase, to emphasize defense over offense. in the 80s the jets had great skill players and were always fun to watch. somewhere after keyshawn was picked the FO dropped the ball. many fans on this board, it seems, would rather keep trying to have a great pass rusher than keep trying to get guys who can score.

    it's clear the jets are in full rebuilding mode. and they won't be a real threat until they upgrade the qb position. but even die hard, long time fans are losing patience with this organization. not merely because they stink, but because the product on the field is so boring. idzik faces numerous hurdles, one of which is fielding a reasonably entertaining product to entice people to come see the team. last year's offense was unwatchable. there was noone who was enjoyable to watch on offense except kerley. this must change. at some point the jets are going to have to invest first rounders on offensive skill positions.
    Why are you constantly making this a WR vs. OLB debate?? If there was a WR worth the #9 pick then I would imagine more people would be on board with it, but there isnt. Reaching for a guy like Patterson at 9 is what bad drafting teams do. You make it sound like there is only one WR available in the draft this year. Patterson isnt even close to a Julio Jones, A.J. Green, Justin Blackmon type prospect.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Why are you constantly making this a WR vs. OLB debate?? If there was a WR worth the #9 pick then I would imagine more people would be on board with it, but there isnt. Reaching for a guy like Patterson at 9 is what bad drafting teams do. You make it sound like there is only one WR available in the draft this year. Patterson isnt even close to a Julio Jones, A.J. Green, Justin Blackmon type prospect.
    This. If AJ Green/Trent Richardson type prospect was available in this draft class i would WANT the Jets to trade up and take him. PAtterson is a nice prospet but we are already working on a prospect at WR (Hill) and don't need to reach for a guy like Patterson when i think there are other nice "prospects" that we can land in the later rounds.

    The BPA when the Jets draft will likely be an OLB/Guard type so there is zero reason to take a "flier" on a WR.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Why are you constantly making this a WR vs. OLB debate?? If there was a WR worth the #9 pick then I would imagine more people would be on board with it, but there isnt. Reaching for a guy like Patterson at 9 is what bad drafting teams do. You make it sound like there is only one WR available in the draft this year. Patterson isnt even close to a Julio Jones, A.J. Green, Justin Blackmon type prospect.
    not saying he is or isn't. but the risk is as great as drafting a mingo, jones or anzah. all come with caveats. it's all i'm saying. and taking warmack doesn't thrill me either.

    my prediction, if the jets don't go offense in the first round, we'll be sitting around on sundays watching those other 2 wrs making plays. i sure as heck don't know how the jets would cover someone like austin.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @ConorTOrr: Jets RBs (Greene, Powell, McKnight, Hilliard) had 41 catches for 332 yards last year. In 2010, Goodson had 40 catches for 310 in CAR. #nyj
    LT had 51 rec for jets in 2010.. Look for Powell to get those this yr along w/Goodson... Jets could use a Big FAT RB for Goaline & Short ydage.. Mid to late rd RB like LeVeon BELL would be AWESOME!!! in the 4th rd or sooo.

  9. #69
    @RavensInsider: Brandon Moore visiting Dolphins, according to an NFL source.

    @ConorTOrr: Can confirm that Brandon Moore is visiting with the Dolphins today. Would be a tough, but expected loss on that O-Line. #nyj #jets


    It's amazing how fast these beat writers "confirm" info reported by others. Seriously, like within a minute or two.
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-20-2013 at 04:54 PM.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Metro_Irvin View Post
    Obviously for playing time, but what do you expect him to say??

    I like you better on the Hotties forum.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    He said he liked the team's "direction". No one, not even Itzik, knows this right now.

    Okay, f**k-o? And what's with the boy crush on Irvin?
    Careful Borgo, sometimes when you insinuate people are mo-mo's on JI, they go absolutely ape**** crazy because you strike a nerve.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @RavensInsider: Brandon Moore visiting Dolphins, according to an NFL source.
    BOOOOO !!!!

    Oh well, let them spend their money. They still haven't paid a player this pre-season that I consider "great". Most of them are serviceable players getting big-time money.

    Mortgage that future, Team J-Lo, do it!!!

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Why are you constantly making this a WR vs. OLB debate?? If there was a WR worth the #9 pick then I would imagine more people would be on board with it, but there isnt. Reaching for a guy like Patterson at 9 is what bad drafting teams do. You make it sound like there is only one WR available in the draft this year. Patterson isnt even close to a Julio Jones, A.J. Green, Justin Blackmon type prospect.
    Tavon Austin I think is worth the Pick... The guy has Elite Elusivness and Quick Feet even at 5-8 175 pounds nobody puts a Clean hit on Him ...

    http://youtu.be/T3_UNFZHSQU

  13. #73
    @JennyVrentas: Bradshaw wants to land with a team where he can be a No. 1 RB. Says Steelers, Jets and Packers are interested in him. #nyg

    @JennyVrentas: Bradshaw also says "there's a chance" he could return to Giants. #nyg

  14. #74
    Bradshaw is delusional. Don't want him on the Jets.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Good point, but he did back off that to only calling 3rd down plays initially and then after a few games letting Pettine call it all.
    Stop, Rex haters are not interested in facts and truth, just any stats that proves there point that Rex should have been fired last year.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    not saying he is or isn't. but the risk is as great as drafting a mingo, jones or anzah. all come with caveats. it's all i'm saying. and taking warmack doesn't thrill me either.

    my prediction, if the jets don't go offense in the first round, we'll be sitting around on sundays watching those other 2 wrs making plays. i sure as heck don't know how the jets would cover someone like austin.
    Why do YOU act like the WRs are guaranteed to succeed while the DE/OLB's can't? Also the reason that he is a greater risk is that he's not as good of a prospect. You mentioned player evaluations lead to good or bad picks. The reason that reaching ends up getting your burned is that you are basically ignoring your evaluations to fill a positional need.

    Hypothetical:

    Jarvis Jones is your best pass rusher in the draft based on tape

    Patterson is your 4th best receiver based on tape.

    You take Patterson because you NEED a receiver/offensive skill player. His chances of busting are higher, based on the evaluations YOU made.

  17. #77
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,842
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    BOOOOO !!!!

    Oh well, let them spend their money. They still haven't paid a player this pre-season that I consider "great". Most of them are serviceable players getting big-time money.

    Mortgage that future, Team J-Lo, do it!!!
    It's August already? Damn, time flies.

  18. #78
    @TonyPauline: Kevin McDermott/LS/UCLA has workouts set up with the Jets, Eagles, 49ers, Colts, Cards and Seahawks.

  19. #79
    @RichCimini: Brandon Moore, visiting Dolphins, also drawing interest from Cowboys and Lions, per source. #Jets

  20. #80
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,310
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    for some reason, there's a perception that the risk of a bust wr with guys like patterson and austin is significantly higher than with guys like mingo and anzah. and since rex arrived there's been a change not only on the jets but with a substantial portion of the fanbase, to emphasize defense over offense. in the 80s the jets had great skill players and were always fun to watch. somewhere after keyshawn was picked the FO dropped the ball. many fans on this board, it seems, would rather keep trying to have a great pass rusher than keep trying to get guys who can score.

    it's clear the jets are in full rebuilding mode. and they won't be a real threat until they upgrade the qb position. but even die hard, long time fans are losing patience with this organization. not merely because they stink, but because the product on the field is so boring. idzik faces numerous hurdles, one of which is fielding a reasonably entertaining product to entice people to come see the team. last year's offense was unwatchable. there was noone who was enjoyable to watch on offense except kerley. this must change. at some point the jets are going to have to invest first rounders on offensive skill positions.
    Really? You think fans will be happier if we lose games, but are more entertaining? Kind of like the Raiders east? We could just start McKnight, and Tebow. Everyone run and catch, and fumble, and throws pics. Who cares it's exciting. Do you think maybe the offense would be more fun if it was coordinated better, and the QB actually made a decision to throw the ball on time, and threw the ball to the receivers?

    Yes edge rushers are harder to find than slot receivers. I don't like taking small DEs in the first round, but LBs that actually played LB in college(read Jones, and Jordan) are less risky than smurfs. He could last, like Welker, but it's more likely that he gets squashed. He'd need someone to throw him the ball anyway. LB is a much bigger need anyway.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us