Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kolb

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Pass on someone else's used garbage
    I'm going to have to agree with you he never got a shot in Philly and too much time has passed and at what price? If I had to bet the only way he is taking a team to the promised land would be in ideal circumstances like when he first went to Philly.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just say no to Kolb!!!!!

Oh Boy!!!!!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kolb was sacked 27 times in 5.5 games......to put that in perspective Mark was sacked 34 times in 15 games last year.

Yet despite playing in front of swiss cheese, and facing an enormous amount of pressure.....he still managed to go 4-2, beat Seattle, Philly, New England and Miami.....put up a respectable 86 QB rating, 8/3 TD/INT ratio, and completed virtually 60% of his passes.

He's by no means without flaws, but he's only 28 years old, has a fantastic arm, is already familiar with our offensive system, and with proper protection could still be a quality NFL quarterback.

He's a hell of a lot better than any of the other options out there.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Bridgewater's good, but QB's bust. I mean, do you envy the situation Carolina is in with Newton?

Do you honestly think that Newton, who hasn't really been worth crap since the first half of his rookie year will truly evolve with his petulant attitude?

Bridgewater scares me in that regard.

Manziel scares me simply due to his size.

Clowney reeks of being the best Defensive player since Lawrence Taylor. Crap shoot vs. sure thing.

And what I'm trying to say is that the perception of Kolb being bad is amplified by an O-line that is absolutely horrid since Warner was there.

Kolb had success in Philly under Mornhinweg and was 4-0 to start last year until the O-line got him killed. I don't think Kolb's that bad. He's more proven than Flynn and, frankly, looks better.

I mean I'd take him over Flynn and Foles. He's won in this league. The Jets O-line is already WAAAAAAAY better than AZ's.
    Out of curiosity, what makes you feel this way? Sounds to me like Bridgewater has a good head on his shoulders. Worked many of odd jobs while his mother was fighting Breast Cancer. Def don't get the pre-Maddona, entitled vibe that I get from Cam.....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Forget it. And enough about the talk of stinking the season just to get Clowney for God's sake. Better by far the Jets pick Jones, keep Revis, back Idzik and Rex and go to war with the team we'll have. Sorry but sucking for Clowney is pathetic

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Forget it. And enough about the talk of stinking the season just to get Clowney for God's sake. Better by far the Jets pick Jones, keep Revis, back Idzik and Rex and go to war with the team we'll have. Sorry but sucking for Clowney is pathetic
    +1

Maybe if there was an Andrew Luck-esque QB prospect coming out next year, I could understand it.

But not for a f*cking OLB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    Kolb was sacked 27 times in 5.5 games......to put that in perspective Mark was sacked 34 times in 15 games last year.

Yet despite playing in front of swiss cheese, and facing an enormous amount of pressure.....he still managed to go 4-2, beat Seattle, Philly, New England and Miami.....put up a respectable 86 QB rating, 8/3 TD/INT ratio, and completed virtually 60% of his passes.

He's by no means without flaws, but he's only 28 years old, has a fantastic arm, is already familiar with our offensive system, and with proper protection could still be a quality NFL quarterback.

He's a hell of a lot better than any of the other options out there.....
    L O L

Kolb's arm is above-average.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    I like this guy. If the O-line can hold up, he'd be a good pickup. If the team stinks badly enough, Kolb would essentially preclude the need to draft a QB and hope and pray he's decent. Which could open the door for Clowney.

An upgrade at RB (if they could, say, steal Lattimore late this year) and stink bad enough to get JaDaveon Clowney would give the Jets one of the most exciting defensive lines in the NFL. If they trade Revis and get more picks, then maybe that could possibly yield Yeldon later in the first next year.

I mean, yes, it's predicated on being terrible this year. But in the long run, Kolb, Kerley, Holmes, Hill, Yeldon, and Lattimore is a great combination of skill guys. Provided the O-line doesn't get worse and doesn't let Kolb get killed.

Then on Defense, apart from needing a safety (which could possibly be upgraded this year with the UFA Kerry Rhodes) the team wouldn't look that bad, and that D-line would be insane (Coples, Wilkerson, Ellis, Clowney.) The real beauty being that 3 of the four could play standing up. You could get VERY creative with a line like that.
    Agreed, bring his stank ass in