Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 178

Thread: '13 Draft Info-General News & Articles

  1. #21
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,677
    Post Thanks / Like
    Former NFL S..fwiw:

    Matt Bowen ‏@MattBowen41
    Here's how I would rank the Top 5 Safety prospects: 1. Vaccaro (TEX) 2. Cyprien (FIU) 3. Reid (LSU) 4. Elam (FLA) 5. Swearinger (SC)

  2. #22
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,677
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Former LSU CB Tyrann Mathieu has full slate of pre-draft visits, but that doesn't include Top 30 visits to Giants or Jets, source says

  3. #23
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,656
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Former NFL S..fwiw:

    Matt Bowen ‏@MattBowen41
    Here's how I would rank the Top 5 Safety prospects: 1. Vaccaro (TEX) 2. Cyprien (FIU) 3. Reid (LSU) 4. Elam (FLA) 5. Swearinger (SC)
    Interesting....I just don't get he Kenny Vaccaro hype.What I've seen of him he's out of position a lot and doesn't't impress me as a tackler.Think he's vastly overrated

    Cyprien I know nothing about

    Reid I really like....Lays some big time lumber and appears decent in coverage

    Ditto for Elam.Love him and think he has Polamalu/Reed type star quality as a pro although might get a few penalties for leading with the helmet

    Swearinger is LaRon lite and a penalty waiting to happen.

  4. #24
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,656
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Some people are not high on this guy but he sure looked good to me in a few games last year....it is Bama however. The guy I really like from there however is Yeldon.
    He looked a lot like Trent Richardson minus the incredible lateral agility but then T-Rich didn't exactly burn it up as a rookie so perhaps it's that O-Line?

  5. #25
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,677
    Post Thanks / Like
    @MoveTheSticks: After watching his tape and talking to several different teams, I'll be surprised if Tank Carradine isn't a 1st round pick.

  6. #26
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,452
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @MoveTheSticks: After watching his tape and talking to several different teams, I'll be surprised if Tank Carradine isn't a 1st round pick.
    His injury history is a big part of his stock though. When I saw 3-4 round predictions I was like not a chance in hell. If he is there in the 2nd and we havent taken an OLB he is a guy I would definitely take.

  7. #27
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,677
    Post Thanks / Like
    @seniorbowl: As for safeties, much more depth than past two drafts put together. Eric Reid/LSU had great workout last week, will be late riser.

    @seniorbowl: K Vaccaro, J Cyprien, M Elam, Sh Thomas, E Wolff can all help close to the line. P Thomas/Fresno may be best FS. JJ Wilcox is interesting.

    @seniorbowl: And, Duke Williams/Reno has talent, too. Plus, Georgia safeties Rambo and Sh Williams can both contribute. Again, good group overall.

  8. #28
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,677
    Post Thanks / Like
    @nfl: Brandt: Tannehill would be first pick this year http://t.co/o6MGsGG9xb #NFLDraft

  9. #29
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,677
    Post Thanks / Like
    @seniorbowl: @seniorbowl thinks Saints all over Mingo at #15. Perfect price for a player who fits new 3-4 scheme.

  10. #30
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,677
    Post Thanks / Like
    @seniorbowl: Outside of QB's, keep an eye on these 3 seniors. NFL people "sitting" on them: OT Kyle Long/Oreg, TE Travis Kelce/Cin, LB Sio Moore/UConn.

  11. #31
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,677
    Post Thanks / Like
    @seniorbowl: Jets at #9 will be first indication of who is guiding ship, new GM John Idzik or Rex Ryan? Need playmakers on both sides of football

    @seniorbowl: Jets at #9 moving down = acquiring picks for rebuild and future. Some have Cordarrelle Patterson/Tenn WR on offense slotted there.

    @seniorbowl: The "clean" defensive difference-makers will be off board by #9 (Floyd, Jordan, Ansah). @seniorbowl looking for move down, if possible

  12. #32
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,677
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly
    RT @buffalobills: Marrone on QB Ryan Nassib: "I know him very well. All the QBs I have seen personally have the ability to win in the @NFL"

  13. #33
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,677
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dan Leberfeld ‏@jetswhispers
    Nolan Nawrocki on QB Tyler Bray http://bit.ly/XVqZtc

  14. #34
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,677
    Post Thanks / Like
    Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks
    Studied all 15 of Tavon Austin's TDs from 2012. 14 of 15 would've counted in a 2 hand touch league. Defenders can't touch him!

  15. #35
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,511
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @seniorbowl: Jets at #9 will be first indication of who is guiding ship, new GM John Idzik or Rex Ryan? Need playmakers on both sides of football

    @seniorbowl: Jets at #9 moving down = acquiring picks for rebuild and future. Some have Cordarrelle Patterson/Tenn WR on offense slotted there.

    @seniorbowl: The "clean" defensive difference-makers will be off board by #9 (Floyd, Jordan, Ansah). @seniorbowl looking for move down, if possible
    this is consistent with virtually no top 10 prospects meeting with the jets. they may already have a trade in place to move back.

  16. #36
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    20,751
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @seniorbowl: Jets at #9 will be first indication of who is guiding ship, new GM John Idzik or Rex Ryan? Need playmakers on both sides of football
    I'd like to see how this person is justifying this quote? If we go defense is he saying it is a Rex pick?

  17. #37
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    2,983
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I'd like to see how this person is justifying this quote? If we go defense is he saying it is a Rex pick?
    It amazes me how much crap is written these days. Maybe the owner of this quote is suggesting that Idzik should ignore every Defensive player to show everyone he's the boss!

  18. #38
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,677
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    It amazes me how much crap is written these days. Maybe the owner of this quote is suggesting that Idzik should ignore every Defensive player to show everyone he's the boss!
    The owner of the quote is Phil Savage-EX GM and now in charge of the Sr Bowl..FWIW

  19. #39
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,677
    Post Thanks / Like
    @MoveTheSticks: 2nd round is going to be outstanding in this draft! Immediate starters at WR, CB, LB, DT and TE...

  20. #40
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,408
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Sounds like he was writing about Sanchez...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us