Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: '13 Draft Info-General News & Articles

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @MoveTheSticks: 2nd round is going to be outstanding in this draft! Immediate starters at WR, CB, LB, DT and TE...
    This I agree with, even the 3rd is going to be good. Would not mind a trade down at all if a guy they love is not there at 9.

Hall Of Fame
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib's private workout schedule as of now: Browns on Thurs; Jaguars on Fri; Bills on Sun; visiting AZ Cards next week.

@TonyPauline: Interesting; Seattle Seahawks to privately workout Matt Scott/QB/Arizona later this week..Scott reportedly up to 221lbs vs 213lbs at combine

@PatKirwanCBS: Just looked @NFL starting left tackles-19 of 32 are 1strd picks. Add 3 more this yr & 22 of 32 will be 1st rd guys 69% of LT are 1st rd guys

Hall Of Fame
    Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline
    Ezekiel Ansah/DE/BYU; visiting Eagles today then on to Cleveland & Arizona...Ansah has no visit or workout scheduled with New York Jets

@TDESPN: Be very careful when u dumb down QB evals to arm strength & accuracy. Many different forms of arm talent & many different types of accuracy

@MoveTheSticks: Finished Southern Miss LB Jamie Collins. Athletic, better as blitzer than pure pass rusher, can hold point of attack vs TE's. Late 2/early 3

Brian Billick ‏@CoachBillick
    Easy comparison for Vance McDonald is former #Rice TE Casey but I see Dustin Keller. Similar build & athlete but inconsistent hands catcher.

Stanford's Ertz similar to Gresham. Both 6'5, natural hands catchers, quicker than fast, great body positioning & versatile in alignment.

The more I study Ryan Nassib the more I see Andy Dalton. Both intelligent but must work on read progressions & improve deep ball accuracy.

Geno's neg. report wasn't from official team scout, but timing is right for "leaked" info to inflate/deflate stock for benefit of team.

Hall Of Fame
    New York Jets targeting Zach Ertz/TE/Stanford or Sylvester Williams/NY/North Carolina in the 2nd: http://www.draftinsider.net/

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    New York Jets targeting Zach Ertz/TE/Stanford or Sylvester Williams/NY/North Carolina in the 2nd: http://www.draftinsider.net/
    Glad to hear as I like both of these players. Both definitely should be there at 39.

Not glad to hear that it's out there for the other 31 teams.

With this in mind, OLB and guard (if we trade Revis and have multiple picks) are probably the priorities. My guess is that Nassib and Barkley are now out of the question (I doubted either would be there at 39).

Maybe this is why the late interest in Dysert.

It's one thing to have those guys in mind but the draft board at that point in time almost never looks how teams project it. There is usually one 'oh ****! I never thought he would be there!' players early in the 2nd round.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Glad to hear as I like both of these players. Both definitely should be there at 39.

Not glad to hear that it's out there for the other 31 teams.

With this in mind, OLB and guard (if we trade Revis and have multiple picks) are probably the priorities. My guess is that Nassib and Barkley are now out of the question (I doubted either would be there at 39).

Maybe this is why the late interest in Dysert.
    I have thought all along that the Jets are drafting a QB this year, but they are looking the 3rd to 4th round to do so. Guys like Dysert, Wilson, Bray, Scott are all possibilities. There will be a rookie QB competing for the QB job this season.

All League
    I have thought all along that the Jets are drafting a QB this year, but they are looking the 3rd to 4th round to do so. Guys like Dysert, Wilson, Bray, Scott are all possibilities. There will be a rookie QB competing for the QB job this season.
    Maybe Idzik can strike gold in the third round 2 years in a row.

I'll take Ertz..

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Maybe Idzik can strike gold in the third round 2 years in a row.
    Pretty safe to say he didn't have a major part in that selection...

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    This I agree with, even the 3rd is going to be good. Would not mind a trade down at all if a guy they love is not there at 9.
    Question for you guys. I don't follow the draft that much but if experts say something like that, that the 2nd round is going to be very good with immediate starters....then why not select them in the 1st? What's the thinking behind that?

If they're going to make an immediate impact and be a starter right away, why not draft them ahead of the 2nd?

Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    Question for you guys. I don't follow the draft that much but if experts say something like that, that the 2nd round is going to be very good with immediate starters....then why not select them in the 1st? What's the thinking behind that?

If they're going to make an immediate impact and be a starter right away, why not draft them ahead of the 2nd?
    Because they have guys ranked as better players with 1st round grades. What you are asking does happen though, some teams could care less about how other teams rank players and will pick guys that have 2nd round projections in the 1st round. Obviously that player had a 1st round projection to them.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Pretty safe to say he didn't have a major part in that selection...
    why not?

Talking ISN'T TYLER BRAY CONSIDERED VERY IMMATURE.? HOW ABOUT ZAC DYSERT, QB ?

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Good. I want to see how responds this year with MM, and better players.

But, I'd like Idzy to draft Tyler Bray in the 3rd.

Have a nice competition in camp with Sanchez, Bray & Garrard.
    =Round One - Chance Warmack, OG

Warmack is the premier guard in this draft. He is a true mauler and is the best prospect I have ever seen at the position - including last year's top guard, David DeCastro. With an offensive line of Warmack, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Nick Mangold, Willie Colon, and Austin Howard, the New York Jets will suddenly have one of the most dominating lines in the league.
    Round Two - Alex Okafor, DE/OLB

Okafor is an extremely well-rounded defensive end/outside linebacker that is particularly skilled at rushing the passer.
    ...ZAC DYSERT... 3RD ROUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    why not?
    Because it was nowhere near his job description...Not saying he doesn't have the ability but when you look at their FO structure Idzik wasn't a major player in the draft process.