Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: '13 Draft Info-General News & Articles

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post
    I love Le'Veon Bell and hes one of the best RB's available in this draft IMO, however I dont see how he fits a WCO at all. Interesting.
    And i dont see how Warmack is a value over Cooper in the wco at all either, but people here keep talking about him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks
    Finally got tape of D.J. Hayden…I'm a big fan. Smooth, explosive & tough... he can play the ball in the air. Hopefully medical checks out

Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline
    I was told the following by team insider about Datone Jones/DL/UCLA: "highly motivated" "wants to be great" "will work to get better"..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @JasonColeYahoo: Tyrann Mathieu said he failed at least 10 drug tests while playing at LSU. Man, I just love how college coaches teach players hard lessons.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @JasonColeYahoo: Tyrann Mathieu said he failed at least 10 drug tests while playing at LSU. Man, I just love how college coaches teach players hard lessons.
    This guy would not be on my draft board....at all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    @NFL_ATL: Mathieu reportedly told NFL assistant he 'quit counting' after 10 failed drug tests http://t.co/IZ7GBLrJq0

Probably near the top of Holmes draft board tho.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @MoveTheSticks: My top 5 safeties: 1-Vacarro 2-Cyprien 3-Elam 4-Swearinger 5-Reid
    #NFLDraft

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    NC State CB David Amerson gets beat A LOT! However, main problem is eye-discipline. Great size, quick feet, plenty of speed.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    NC State CB David Amerson gets beat A LOT! However, main problem is eye-discipline. Great size, quick feet, plenty of speed.

Agreed 100%. Watched CP make mince meat out of him last year. Would be a good Safety. Not a CB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    NFL ‏@nfl http://NFL.com to live stream Mike Mayock's pre-draft conference call: http://on.nfl.com/1017juO

For the first time, NFL.com will provide fans access to listen to NFL Network's Draft analyst Mike Mayock's conference call with the media for the upcoming 2013 NFL Draft.

Set to begin at 1 p.m. ET on Thursday, April 18, Mayock's pre-draft conference call with the media should draw more than 100 members of the media and last over two hours.

Fans can log on to nfl.com/mayockdraftcall and listen while Mayock answers dozens of questions from the media about the 2013 NFL Draft. The live streaming audio will be accompanied by highlight packages of draft prospects and graphics on NFL team needs.

Fans can also participate by tweeting questions to @InsideNFLMedia using #askMayock. The best questions will be selected and used during the conference call.

Following the conference call, audio clips will be available on NFL.com.

NFL Network provides approximately 70 hours of live "Draft Week" coverage from April 22 to April 27. Live coverage of the first round kicks off April 25 at 8: p.m. ET, followed by Rounds 2-3 on April 26 at 6:30 p.m. ET and Rounds 4-7 on April 27 at noon ET.

On April 24 at 8 p.m. ET on NFL Network, Mayock unveils his first -- and only -- mock draft of the year in a one-hour special, Mayock's 2013 Mock Draft. On the eve of the 2013 NFL Draft from inside Radio City Music Hall in New York City, Mayock, along with Chris Rose, predicts how the first round of the draft will unfold and provides full analysis of each selection.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @ChiTribSports: Emery repeats No. 20 pick for sale on draft day http://t.co/T3jmr9uMTl

For those who missed Phil Emery’s announcement last month at the outset of free agency, the Chicago Bears general manager repeated it on Tuesday.

The 20th pick in the first round of the NFL draft is for sale.

Emery continued to talk about the possibilities of trading down when the team goes on the clock April 25. The Bears are without third- and seventh-round picks because of trades for wide receiver Brandon Marshall and defensive tackle Brian Price last year. Emery would like to add some depth to the draft and one national scout for another organization said it’s a strong draft through about the top 50 picks or so. The Bears’ pick in the second round is at No. 50.

“We’ve already had a couple teams that have approached us,” Emery said. “I’ve approached a couple during owners meetings. There are talks. They’re back and forth. They’re kicking things around. It doesn’t get serious until you get close to the pick. My experience is that you may get two or three (teams calling) about three or four spots before your pick and then you may get more at that pick, but it gets real serious when you’re on the clock.

“Certainly we’ve had discussions and we’ll see how it goes. It depends on whether our player’s at that spot and we feel like he has the value that we don’t want to move out of the pick, or whether their player’s on that spot.”

Emery said the Bears will enter the draft with a short list of players too good to pass on at No. 20 even if there is an offer to trade down. Then, there will be a deeper list of about six or seven players to select at the pick and a shorter list of players to consider in a trade-down scenario.

Would Emery deal all the way down into the second round from No. 20?

“I’ll go back as far back as we feel like we’re really getting a good deal,” he said. “If somebody’s going to wow us. I’ll just throw an arbitrary number at 34 and we feel like that’s going to bring tremendous value to us and help upgrade our club significantly, we’ll go there. We’re not adverse to any scenario as long as see positive value out of it.”

Because personnel men feel there is depth to the top part of the draft, it may be difficult for the Bears to peddle the No. 20 pick and move backward because other teams will see the same depth. But if a club has a player or position in mind, bidding could begin. Emery would love to see one of the teams at the top of the second round get the urge to make a considerable jump up to draft a quarterback, a scenario that could unfold.

“I’m hoping it does,” he said. “That would provide us value, if somebody’s really coming at 20 for a quarterback then they’re going to be willing to bring some picks to the party. So that’s a good thing.”

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @TonyPauline: Atlanta Falcons continue search for CB; Blidi Wreh-Wilson & Dwayne Gratz/UConn as well as Will Davis/Utah St brought in for visits...

@TonyPauline: Continue to hear Blidi Wreh-Wilson in late part of round one...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @seniorbowl: If running 4-3 defense, Ziggy as DE. If in a
    3-4, Jordan is bigger and may have more overall tools than Mingo.

@seniorbowl: The problem in developing Ziggy as OLB is that the job requires multiple responsibilities against the run and pass.

@seniorbowl: As 4-3 DE, ZA can concentrate on one primary thing...getting upfield to the QB. NFL game demands protecting and pressuring QB.

@seniorbowl: One more comment on ZA, @seniorbowl, he actually played well against the run with explosive hands to separate and long arms to tackle.
    Last edited by C Mart; 04-16-2013 at 09:49 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @seniorbowl: Re: Chance Warmack. If a team cannot fill a hole at QB, LT, DE/pass rusher or DC, then going OG is not a problem. He is a day 1 starter.

@seniorbowl: DC, of course, is defensive corner in scouting parlance. That's why in mock drafts at #8, Warmack starting to get matched with Bills.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @seniorbowl: As much as Ziggy is getting play at top of draft, Cornelius Washington in the 2nd or 3rd round has generated some buzz at that level.

@seniorbowl: @seniorbowl will be posting our "Mystery Prospects" later tonight or tomorrow and C Washington is on that list. He had a half sack in 2012.

@seniorbowl: But, CW responded @seniorbowl with a tackle, tfl and sack/fumble in 2 quarters and then ran 4.55, benched 36x and jumped 39". Has DE traits.

@seniorbowl: Like Ansah, C Washington's best chance to maximize his talent will be as a 4-3 DE. Wasting his potential trying to fit him into a 3-4.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @seniorbowl: @seniorbowl really thinks NYJ and TENN will stay put. Jets will go OLB or WR. TENN will look hard at Warmack/Cooper or possibly DT.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The two fastest rising linebackers in the draft? Arthur Brown of Kansas State and Sio Moore of UConn. Several people on the inside continue to tell me Brown is a definite first round pick, which like means Kevin Minter or Manti Te’o are likely out. I’m told teams love Moore not only for his measurables but also because he’s scheme diverse. Right now I’m told top 50 is a possibility and evidently the New York Jets are very high on Moore.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6952

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I don't get it either. I don't dven think he is that good technically, and undersized.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    NFL: AroundTheLeague
    @NFL_ATL Falcons reportedly looking to trade up from No. 30 http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000160673/article/report-atlanta-falcons-looking-to-trade-up-from-no-30?campaign=Twitter_atl …

It's that time of year. The draft rumors are going to start flying fast and furious over the next week.

SI.com's Peter King hears that the Atlanta Falcons are looking to trade up from the No. 30 spot in the first round.

Atlanta's biggest needs are at cornerback and defensive end. Marc Sessler passed along similar buzz on Saturday from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution; the newspaper said that Atlanta wanted to move up for a cornerback.

Florida State's Xavier Rhodes is a sensible target; Washington's Desmond Trufant could be another possibility. Even though the local paper is saying cornerback, a defensive linemen makes more sense to us as a target. The draft class is deeper with pass rushers.

Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff has shown in the past he's not afraid to deal on draft day. The Falcons have an extra fourth-round pick to play with this year.

Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing
    I am not sure who the Falcons want. Tyler Eifert makes sense. Athletic DT makes sense. They can sit at 30 and get a corner.
    Last edited by C Mart; 04-17-2013 at 11:56 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    @TonyPauline: Atlanta Falcons continue search for CB; Blidi Wreh-Wilson & Dwayne Gratz/UConn as well as Will Davis/Utah St brought in for visits...

@TonyPauline: Continue to hear Blidi Wreh-Wilson in late part of round one...
    Don't count Atlanta out of the Revis sweepstakes....its been a little TOO quiet on that front.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Don't count Atlanta out of the Revis sweepstakes....its been a little TOO quiet on that front.
    They are a little cash strapped in the coming years. They will need to pay Julio soon as well.

Indy could be a "surprise" team though.