Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: '13 Draft Info-General News & Articles

Taken from a fellow jetsinsiders post from about 7 years ago:

"Jerry Rice ran a 4.7, Anquan Boldin ran a 4.8, Terrell Owens ran a 4.6. Alot of top WR's in The NFL today run 4.5's and above. There are hundreds of examples of great WR's not running 4.4 40's." Brandon Marshall was 4.56

Will it hurt the guy? Yes, for sure, does one toss out all the tape of the guy making plays? No. the bigger issues at the workout would be how he looked in drills. If he looked stiff and ran suspect patterns then the knee is still an issue but guys like this have a habit of falling and then 2 years from now everyone wonders how the guy was such a steal on draft day.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Taken from a fellow jetsinsiders post from about 7 years ago:

"Jerry Rice ran a 4.7, Anquan Boldin ran a 4.8, Terrell Owens ran a 4.6. Alot of top WR's in The NFL today run 4.5's and above. There are hundreds of examples of great WR's not running 4.4 40's." Brandon Marshall was 4.56

Will it hurt the guy? Yes, for sure, does one toss out all the tape of the guy making plays? No. the bigger issues at the workout would be how he looked in drills. If he looked stiff and ran suspect patterns then the knee is still an issue but guys like this have a habit of falling and then 2 years from now everyone wonders how the guy was such a steal on draft day.
    Thats all true. I never viewed him as a speed guy anyway, I just hope this makes him fall to 39 in second round. I think people may be more concerned about his injury than his slow 40.

Good news for us.

Allen is one of those guys whose just 'shifty' he runs superbly just not against a stopwatch.The Cal offense seemed to prioritize him getting the ball in hand,often in the backfield,and then just let him do the rest.

We already have our insane deep threat in Stephen Hill who hopefully comes along in 2013.I can't think of many more complimentary wideouts than KA to match with Hill and Kerley.

I think Allen can be Holmes but without the baggage.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    Good news for us.

Allen is one of those guys whose just 'shifty' he runs superbly just not against a stopwatch.The Cal offense seemed to prioritize him getting the ball in hand,often in the backfield,and then just let him do the rest.

We already have our insane deep threat in Stephen Hill who hopefully comes along in 2013.I can't think of many more complimentary wideouts than KA to match with Hill and Kerley.

I think Allen can be Holmes but without the baggage.

Not a KA fan, but I see some Torry Holt in his game. Greg Jennings type.

Watching his tape now, it just hit me. Michael Crabtree.
    Last edited by K-Ro 25; 04-09-2013 at 01:17 PM.

All Pro
    THIS is one of those few moments where i'm happy to hear about a player underperforming some...

he was on the cusp of getting leap frogged by a couple WRs, now it looks like it's a very real possibility he'll be there at #39. that's insane!

A year ago, If I said the Jets could have K. Allen in the 2nd because of an injury, we'd all jump in.

Forget Hunt, Elam, Ertz.... ALLEN AT 39

@TonyPauline: Matt Scott & Matt Barkley both in Buffalo today for official visits and going to dinner with the brain trust tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    Not a KA fan, but I see some Torry Holt in his game. Greg Jennings type.

Watching his tape now, it just hit me. Michael Crabtree.
    Yes Crabtree a little too

@Gil_Brandt: Not saying Keenan Allen is Jerry Rice but they measure up. Rice on 3/23/84 (Allen): 6-2, 199 (6-2, 206); 9.25 hands (10); 4.74 40 (4.71)

All Pro
    Allen in 2nd round would work for me!

Hall Of Fame
    Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks
    RT @LanceZierlein: According to league source, Cordarrelle Patterson may fall out of the 1st.> I've been hearing this a lot...

Not surprised at all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks
    RT @LanceZierlein: According to league source, Cordarrelle Patterson may fall out of the 1st.> I've been hearing this a lot...

Not surprised at all.
    Never had any business being mentioned as a 1st rounder in the first place.

Much less a Top 15 pick.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Never had any business being mentioned as a 1st rounder in the first place.

Much less a Top 15 pick.
    True, maybe some of us amateur GMs know what we are talking about after all....LOL.

Veteran
    Patterson/Allen in the 2nd is a good deal for me. especially if we get 13 from the bucs, go with OLB/G in the 1st, WR/TE/S in the 2nd.

@caplannfl: Word in scouting community on Dysert: More coaches get involved in watching tape, the better teams feel about him.

@RichCimini: Draft-related nuggets that may be of interest to #Jets fans, per @ESPNStatsInfo: Mingo only 4.5 sacks in '12, but 28 pressures, 2nd in SEC.

@RichCimini: DE Ezekiel Ansah: 2.5 of his 4.5 sacks came when double teamed. Perspective: Only 1 of Jarvis Jones' 14.5 sacks came on double team. #Jets
    Last edited by C Mart; 04-10-2013 at 11:30 PM.

Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeYahoo
    Cool sidenote to NFL draft this year: Kevin Costner, Jennifer Garner, Denis Leary and Ivan Reitman working on a football movie at the event.

@TonyPauline: Sio Moore/LB/UConn visiting the Pittsburgh Steelers today.

@JasonLaCanfora: UW-Milwaukee power forward drawing a scouting buzz. Demetrius Harris might be the next to jump from b-ball to NFL: http://t.co/0fy9kyzexh

@buffalobills: Pre-draft visitors at One #Bills Drive today:

QB Tyler Bray
    TE Vance McDonald
    WR Cordarrelle Patterson
    S Phillip Thomas

@MoveTheSticks: Finished up Kent St OG Brian Winters…Poor man's David DeCastro. Strong hands, nasty demeanor. Lacks ideal bend/balance. 3rd/4th rd.

@MoveTheSticks: RT @MMoyer27: how do Warmack and Cooper compare to Decastro?> graded them higher than DeCastro
    Last edited by C Mart; 04-11-2013 at 11:00 PM.