Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: '13 Draft Info-General News & Articles

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @AdamSchefter: A trashed hotel room at Indy scouting combine that Yahoo reported on belonged to Clemson WR DeAndre Hopkins and Rutgers WR Mark Harrison.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @RossJonesFOX: DeAndre Hopkins denies any involvement in hotel room trashing. Here's his first comments since ESPN report surfaced: http://t.co/Nsuq1MYdWx

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    If you asked 32 gms in this league whether they would want Julio Jones or Roddy White 32 would probably say Julio Jones. Also we all know your cred when you swore up down and sideways the there was no way the Jets were drafting a QB a few years back and they picked McElroy, then the massive back peddaling began. Heck your forum name is a gem in of itself of football evaluation.

Thank you bro, you are one of the most unintentionally funny kids around ... you had me crying my eyes out with this ...

let me address the progression of this conversation

1. Brain Surgeon Dreamers states
    I would think any trade with Atlanta would include players. I wouldnt be shocked if they traded Roddy White on draft day.
    2. I state
    Atl is making a run at the Super Bowl this year the last thing they would do is trade away their best WR
    3. you have the urge to chime in with
    Roddy White is 100% for sure not their best WR.
    4. i respond with
    White is without a doubt and should be the Falcons #1 WR
    5. now we are up to date with your reply here which i will address below:

A. My main point to Dreamers is that there is not a chance in h*ll that they are going to trade anyone little less one of their best players for 2013. Your decision to quibble over whether White or Jones is best must come from wanting to get in it with me as it was irrelevant to my post.

B. White and Jones are the best receiving duo in the league ... they truly are a 1 and a 1A ... toss Gonzales in for 2013 and this passing offense can be a thing of beauty.

C. My quote of hands down White is 1 was simply mirroring the verbiage in rebutting your quote of hands down Jones is 1. The fact of the matter is they are both great. If i have to pick 1 for the make or break game in 2013 or the make or break catch in the 2013 NFC Championship game to decide if they are going to the Big Dance in the Meadowlands or not i pick White. He is the clutch, when it matters most man.

Their 2012 numbers

White 92 receptions, 1351 yards, & 7 td's

Jones 79 receptions, 1198 yards, & 10 td's

Get this for White's last 3 seasons - 307 receptions, 4036 yards, & 25 td's. He is an iron horse for durability as well missing 0 games in 8 seasons while Jones has missed 3 in his 2 seasons.

so now lets separate your last response into the 3 different parts

If you asked 32 gms in this league whether they would want Julio Jones or Roddy White 32 would probably say Julio Jones.
    what are we asking them if they want the player for? the original conversation was regarding them trying to win the superbowl in 2013 season/2014 bowl ... who will those GM's want for that? I can see some going each direction, i would believe most would pick White ... i can see some healthy debate going on by the Front Office's on the matter though ... the statement that all would choose Jones is absurd!

Also we all know your cred when you swore up down and sideways the there was no way the Jets were drafting a QB a few years back and they picked McElroy, then the massive back peddaling began.
    ... WHAT??? in trying to win this argument the best you can come up with is some conversation from years ago about whether the Jets picked McElroy in the 7th round? LOL ... for real ?!?!? ...

Heck your forum name is a gem in of itself of football evaluation.
    ... the kid whose screen name is derived from beer & from fish is making fun of somebody else's ???

You're too much! ... Thanks again for the laughs
    Last edited by lamont_jordan_rules; 04-19-2013 at 07:57 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @nfl: Vikings looking to trade up in first round, targeting WR: http://t.co/1sQ1LMi68r

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doctor who cleared jarvis jones of spinal stenosis sued by ex NFL player for negligence:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-jarvis-jones/

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    that's not good.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Doctor who cleared jarvis jones of spinal stenosis sued by ex NFL player for negligence:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-jarvis-jones/
    Whoa!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Matt Williamson ‏@WilliamsonNFL
    How does Cyprien get out of Round 1? Cant see it #49ers #rRavens etc etc

Cyprien to #rams #Vikings #steelers #bengals etc etc!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @JasonLaCanfora: Wrote last week about sense among some execs Jets could target WVU's Austin and Smith two 2 1st rnd picks post Revis trade. We'll see

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @AdamSchefter: FIU safety Johnathan Cyprien is having a private workout at FIU today for Bengals DC Mike Zimmer.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @JasonLaCanfora: With many pass rushers dropping, Tank Carradine still generating buzz from recent workout. Saints seem quite intrigued among others

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini 2h
    Jets have sent out word they're interested in trading down to accumulate extra picks, per source. Sound strategy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @MoveTheSticks: Here are some draft nuggets: http://t.co/RCGTAOD1Sb

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @FootballPost: Report: Niners looking to trade up in first round http://t.co/vLEFTqSm2D

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    - Last week we reported it looked very unlikely DJ Fluker/Alabama would make it out of the top half of round one. That was further confirmed today after sources told me the Tennessee Titans and San Diego Chargers, who own the 10th and 11th picks respectively, are both considering Fluker. At first glance Fluker-to-Tennessee seems a bit odd as their offensive line is in need of a guard. But sources tell me the Titans view Fluker as a day one starter at the guard position.

www.draftinsider.net/blog?p=6989

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @seniorbowl: Going back to preseason/summer magazines and forecasts for 2013 draft, Warmack is only potential top 10 even listed in top 50 by Lindy's.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @TonyPauline: Word from few people today is Oakland Raiders may have a trade in place to move down a few slots if either Joeckel/Fisher lands in their lap

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @JayGlazer: Honey Badger got sick last wk & had to blow off 2 team visits. Any other player, no prob. Him? Everything he ... http://t.co/d8MgVNhavC