Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: '13 Draft Info-General News & Articles

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    They are a little cash strapped in the coming years. They will need to pay Julio soon as well.

Indy could be a "surprise" team though.
    You're right. I thought ATL had more...Not sure how up-to-date this is but it seems recent..

http://overthecap.com/nfl-cap-space.php?Year=2013

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are a little cash strapped in the coming years. They will need to pay Julio soon as well.

Indy could be a "surprise" team though.
    Good point....they could be VERY interested in moving up to 9 however and trying to get Desmond Trufant, Milner or Rhodes. One of them will be there at 9.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Good point....they could be VERY interested in moving up to 9 however and trying to get Desmond Trufant, Milner or Rhodes. One of them will be there at 9.
    I agree that the Falcons could want to move up this year, although the jump from 30 to is costly. If they really want Milliner they will have to go higher than 9 IMO, and if they want Trufant or Rhodes they could probably move up to around 15. The Jets are kind of in no mans land for a team looking to trade up for a CB.
    Last edited by sec.101row23; 04-17-2013 at 12:25 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Atl would have to include picks next year if they wanted to move up to 9 this year. They have a lot of picks but just not the value to make that kind of jump.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Atl would have to include picks next year if they wanted to move up to 9 this year. They have a lot of picks but just not the value to make that kind of jump.
    I would think any trade with Atlanta would include players. I wouldnt be shocked if they traded Roddy White on draft day. They only have like 4-5 mil in cap space I think.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @MoveTheSticks: Knock on Jordan and Mingo is lack of sack production. Interesting timing for Clay Matthews new extension. He had 4.5 sacks his Sr year

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks
    RT @LanceZierlein: According to league source, Cordarrelle Patterson may fall out of the 1st.> I've been hearing this a lot...

Not surprised at all.
    Didn't Tanny draft him for the Jets in an NFL network draft?!?!?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Didn't Tanny draft him for the Jets in an NFL network draft?!?!?
    Yes. Long before the interview processes that have since taken place and been reported as one of the reasons for him dropping.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Yes. Long before the interview processes that have since taken place and been reported as one of the reasons for him dropping.
    Nah, it has a lot more to do with exactly what I said two months ago. Some serious concerns about his NFL readiness, and ability to play against NFL caliber secondaries. Anyone who spends some time watching patterson can see that he's doesn't exactly beat a lot of corners, or press coverage, or run anything outside of some bubbles, hustle screens and slants.

SI's Peter King thinks "the Rams, and many other mid-round teams, worry about the long-term viability," of Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson.
    One NFL personnel man said Patterson is a "Randy Moss type... That can be good, but obviously not all good." Patterson is lethal with the ball in his hands, but many are unsure if getting to that point is easier said than done. The former JUCO product can dominate on slants, screens, and crossing patterns, but separating downfield on routes is not his best trait. Apr 15 - 1:39 PM

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ja...t-from-indiana

Adam Replogle -a little 7th round Hoosier love to replace Devito in the DL rotation.

Not gonna find a guy in this draft who works harder.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Nah, it has a lot more to do with exactly what I said two months ago. Some serious concerns about his NFL readiness, and ability to play against NFL caliber secondaries. Anyone who spends some time watching patterson can see that he's doesn't exactly beat a lot of corners, or press coverage, or run anything outside of some bubbles, hustle screens and slants.
    I thought I also read he's been brutal in interviews. Maybe I'm thinking of another player.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought I also read he's been brutal in interviews. Maybe I'm thinking of another player.
    No you're right. He did interview poorly, and that didn't help I imagine. If anything that probably inspired people to take an even harder look at his game tape.

Eitherway, I do think he's a talent, and he could become a lethal weapon, but it's gonna take some time and some coaching. And that's OK. Just as long as we're not talking about the next AJ Greene.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Charley Casserly: NFL Draft's overrated and underrated prospects

With all the buzz flying about in regards to risers and fallers in the 2013 NFL Draft, which is just a week away, Charley Casserly joined "NFL AM" Thursday morning to break down the draft's most overrated and underrated players.

Casserly, if you remember, was the former Houston Texans general manager who foolishly* selected Mario Williams over Reggie Bush in 2006.

Overrated Prospects

Ziggy Ansah
    Casserly pointed to lack of experience to say he doesn't see Ansah as a top 10 pick.

"My concern with him is I call him a 'rope player,' by the numbers. He is a straight -line guy." Casserly said. "I don't see a lot of instincts in him. I don't see a lot of reactions in him. Can he learn that with his limited football background?"

Tavon Austin
    Casserly believes Austin's biggest impact will come on special teams and compared him to Dexter McCluster, pointing to Austin's slight size at 5-foot-8, 174 points.

"I see him as a role guy, a game-plan guy, a guy who will play in the slot," Casserly said. "Bigger corners, which is almost anybody that is in the league, will give him problems on press and on downfield plays he'll have trouble contesting the ball."

Tyler Eifert
    While Eifert is the No. 1 tight end, according to Casserly, he doesn't believe is worthy of a top 15 pick, where some mocks have project the former Notre Dame player.

"I don't see the blocking ability or the true speed," Casserly said. "He's more of a build-up speed guy. I like him in the second-half, the later part of the first round, not the top part of the first round. Solid player."

Eddie Lacy
    This is another nother situation where Casserly believes he is the top player at his position, just not a first-round pick.

"Durability is my biggest question," Casserly said. "I don't know how long this guy can stay healthy and he didn't really have a lot of big games at Alabama, with a ton of talent around him. More talent than he'll probably have with the NFL team he'll end up with."

Jonathan Cyprien
    There has been a buzz about the Florida International safety, but Casserly doesn't believe he is a first-round pick.

"He misses an awful lot of tackles," Casserly said. "I think he makes mistakes on play action. At times I question what he sees and I see some stiffness in him in man-to-man coverage."

Underrated Pospects

Alec Ogletree
    Casserly said Ogletree has Pro Bowl talent as an outside linebacker in a 4-3 scheme.

"If his off field problems weren't this guy would be easily in the top half of the draft," Casserly said.

Sanders Commings
    Scouts must not like Georgia Bulldogs, because Casserly also believes Commings isn't getting nearly the recognition he should for a second-round prospect.

"He is a physical guy, he presses well ," Casserly said. "I think this guy has a lot of talent and in a draft that has about 20 second-round cornerback-safeties this is the guy who is getting missed."

Blidi Wreh-Wilson
    Casserly said he wouldn't be shocked to see Wreh-Wilson sneak into the end of the first round.

"Fast, physical, plays the zone very well," Casserly said. "Good enough hips to show you some man-coverage, but they didn't do a lot of man at UConn."

Kevin Minter
    The LSU prospect's game film shows Minter might be the best inside linebacker in the draft, said Casserly.

"He's under 6 foot, he ran in the 4.8s, when you watch him on tape he plays faster than that," Casserly said. "He's a more athletic guy than Manti Te'o. I think he's a better prospect than Te'o too."

Le'veon Bell
    Casserly sees Bell as a second-rounder who can be used in a multi-back system as a grind-it-out runner.

"He's an instinctive guy, move-the-chains-type guy, not necessarily a big-play guy, but I like him better than Montee Ball from Wisconsin who gets a lot more recognition and publicity," Casserly said.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    NFL Draft Insider ‏@NFLDraftInsider
    Notable WR Wonderlic scores (out of 50): Robert Woods (23) Keenan Allen (19) Cordarrelle Patterson (11) Tavon Austin (7)

NFL Draft Insider ‏@NFLDraftInsider He got a 12 RT“@sddjmcc: @NFLDraftInsider any word on what Justin Hunter got?”
    Last edited by C Mart; 04-18-2013 at 11:54 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Charley Casserly: NFL Draft's overrated and underrated prospects

With all the buzz flying about in regards to risers and fallers in the 2013 NFL Draft, which is just a week away, Charley Casserly joined "NFL AM" Thursday morning to break down the draft's most overrated and underrated players.

Casserly, if you remember, was the former Houston Texans general manager who foolishly* selected Mario Williams over Reggie Bush in 2006.

Overrated Prospects

Ziggy Ansah
    Casserly pointed to lack of experience to say he doesn't see Ansah as a top 10 pick.

"My concern with him is I call him a 'rope player,' by the numbers. He is a straight -line guy." Casserly said. "I don't see a lot of instincts in him. I don't see a lot of reactions in him. Can he learn that with his limited football background?"

Tavon Austin
    Casserly believes Austin's biggest impact will come on special teams and compared him to Dexter McCluster, pointing to Austin's slight size at 5-foot-8, 174 points.

"I see him as a role guy, a game-plan guy, a guy who will play in the slot," Casserly said. "Bigger corners, which is almost anybody that is in the league, will give him problems on press and on downfield plays he'll have trouble contesting the ball."

Tyler Eifert
    While Eifert is the No. 1 tight end, according to Casserly, he doesn't believe is worthy of a top 15 pick, where some mocks have project the former Notre Dame player.

"I don't see the blocking ability or the true speed," Casserly said. "He's more of a build-up speed guy. I like him in the second-half, the later part of the first round, not the top part of the first round. Solid player."

Eddie Lacy
    This is another nother situation where Casserly believes he is the top player at his position, just not a first-round pick.

"Durability is my biggest question," Casserly said. "I don't know how long this guy can stay healthy and he didn't really have a lot of big games at Alabama, with a ton of talent around him. More talent than he'll probably have with the NFL team he'll end up with."

Jonathan Cyprien
    There has been a buzz about the Florida International safety, but Casserly doesn't believe he is a first-round pick.

"He misses an awful lot of tackles," Casserly said. "I think he makes mistakes on play action. At times I question what he sees and I see some stiffness in him in man-to-man coverage."

Underrated Pospects

Alec Ogletree
    Casserly said Ogletree has Pro Bowl talent as an outside linebacker in a 4-3 scheme.

"If his off field problems weren't this guy would be easily in the top half of the draft," Casserly said.

Sanders Commings
    Scouts must not like Georgia Bulldogs, because Casserly also believes Commings isn't getting nearly the recognition he should for a second-round prospect.

"He is a physical guy, he presses well ," Casserly said. "I think this guy has a lot of talent and in a draft that has about 20 second-round cornerback-safeties this is the guy who is getting missed."

Blidi Wreh-Wilson
    Casserly said he wouldn't be shocked to see Wreh-Wilson sneak into the end of the first round.

"Fast, physical, plays the zone very well," Casserly said. "Good enough hips to show you some man-coverage, but they didn't do a lot of man at UConn."

Kevin Minter
    The LSU prospect's game film shows Minter might be the best inside linebacker in the draft, said Casserly.

"He's under 6 foot, he ran in the 4.8s, when you watch him on tape he plays faster than that," Casserly said. "He's a more athletic guy than Manti Te'o. I think he's a better prospect than Te'o too."

Le'veon Bell
    Casserly sees Bell as a second-rounder who can be used in a multi-back system as a grind-it-out runner.

"He's an instinctive guy, move-the-chains-type guy, not necessarily a big-play guy, but I like him better than Montee Ball from Wisconsin who gets a lot more recognition and publicity," Casserly said.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl
    Love Commings, mentioned him a couple weeks ago as a potential 4th round guy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love Commings, mentioned him a couple weeks ago as a potential 4th round guy.
    Yeah, he's one of my CB options in the 3rd if the Revis-TB trade happens.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    any trade with Atlanta would include players. I wouldnt be shocked if they traded Roddy White on draft day.
    This couldn't possibly be more wrong

Atl is making a run at the Super Bowl this year ... Gonzo put off retirement for 1 more season to give it a final effort and they are looking to ink Matty Ice to a long term deal ... The last thing they would do is trade away their best WR

:shakes head:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    This couldn't possibly be more wrong

Atl is making a run at the Super Bowl this year ... Gonzo put off retirement for 1 more season to give it a final effort and they are looking to ink Matty Ice to a long term deal ... The last thing they would do is trade away their best WR

:shakes head:
    Though I agree they won't trade Roddy White he is 100% for sure not their best WR.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Article: Justin Hunter is top WR in NFL Draft Greg Cosell Says

Boy I'd love to see Hunter sitting there at #39 for us.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @MoveTheSticks: Here is my top 50 list for the upcoming #NFLDraft: http://t.co/DQD2K2ECgW