13 17.81%
  • no one

23 31.51%
  • wait till clowney time next year

7 9.59%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Which Qb should we take?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Not with the rookie pay scale now ... you pick a guy and if he doesn't work out you're not hamstrung by his cap #. Much more affordable to take a risk now.

The main investment is the pick, not the $$$. And they're always risks whatever position you pick.
    A men to that. I am more afraid of Ezekiel Ansah being anther Ghost then Glennon being anther Sanhcez.

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    This is all just your opinion, which you are entitled to.

But please don't assume your opinion means more than jack sh*t because 'you follow the draft closely" and the rest of us don't.

A bunch of JAGs, and maybe one of them IS that diamond in the rough, but I'm not gambling a potential starting OLB or WR or RB or OLineman or TE by using a 2nd or 3rd rounder on them.

You want to pick Dysert in the 4th, have at it.

Btw, just so you know I'm not a hater, if we were to pick anyone of those QBs in the 2nd or 3rd this year I'd be their biggest fan.

I just don't WANT to pick them.

_
    I can live with that I just dont get it. You don't want a future QB. Are you still holding onto Sanchez? I just feel that boat has sailed. Hit and iceberg and was pummeled by a maelstrom

All Pro
    Tight Ends are the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Tight Ends are the future.
    AND OUR PAST lol

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I can live with that I just dont get it. You don't want a future QB. Are you still holding onto Sanchez? I just feel that boat has sailed. Hit and iceberg and was pummeled by a maelstrom
    Yes I want a future QB.

Just not a JAG.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Need a solid QB, not just a pick, easily said. Team is young there is time no need to rush Brick and Mangold should still be good for another 5 years or so.

Yes I want a future QB.

Just not a JAG.

_
    Luck and RG3 notwithstanding, all college QBs are JAGs...
    There's plenty of interesting QBs in this class. Guys with upsides in rds 2-3... And still more guys in rd's 4+ beyond who might be able to be quality starters in time.

You can't develop what you don't have.

Sanchez, garrard, Tebow and Even McElroy are all likely gone in 2014...

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Need a solid QB, not just a pick, easily said. Team is young there is time no need to rush Brick and Mangold should still be good for another 5 years or so.
    Mangold and Brick are 29...

Brandon Moore who everyone is glad to be getting rid of (since he's over the hill) is 32.

It's going to take 2-3 years to develop a Qb.

With that, im all for drafting a guy with upside and some warts after round 1...

Bradway thought highly of Wilson last year and has gone on record saying he sees good value at qb in rds 2-3 of this draft...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Luck and RG3 notwithstanding, all college QBs are JAGs...
    There's plenty of interesting QBs in this class. Guys with upsides in rds 2-3... And still more guys in rd's 4+ beyond who might be able to be quality starters in time.

You can't develop what you don't have.

Sanchez, garrard, Tebow and Even McElroy are all likely gone in 2014...
    You're wasting your time. A team that doesn't have a QB shouldn't draft 1 even with a 3rd round pick because we might miss out on a talent at another position.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    You're wasting your time. A team that doesn't have a QB shouldn't draft 1 even with a 3rd round pick because we might miss out on a talent at another position.
    You know, you guys are right.

Why stop there?

Let's draft a QB in every round this year and next year and the year after till we find our Brady or Rogers or Peyton.

_

A men to that. I am more afraid of Ezekiel Ansah being anther Ghost then Glennon being anther Sanhcez.
    Heard that! Glennon has all the tools.. he just has to gain alittle weightroom(BULK)/(MUSCLE) and experience.. SKYS DA LIMIT 4 GLENNON! 2-3 yrs down the road watchout for him.

I also like

Manuel
    Glennon
    Jones
    Bray
    Renfree

All Pro
    You know, you guys are right.

Why stop there?

Let's draft a QB in every round this year and next year and the year after till we find our Brady or Rogers or Peyton.

_
    ok

Please put Matt Scott on that poll. Thank you

Whatever we do will turn out to wrong, we are the Jets

That being said please get Glennon

All Pro
    Mike Glennon? ...and you guys thought Sanchez had accuracy issues...

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    With the rookie wage scale in place, nothing, including taking Geno Smith or Barkley at 9 will force us to pass on Bridgewater or Manziel next year if we are picking in the top 2.

That said, I seriously doubt that we take a QB at 9. Now if we trade Revis to TB and receive #13, we may trade down and target Barkley.

I honestly believe they will want to come out of this draft with an OLB at 9 and Barkley or Nassib with their next pick.

If teams over draft both of them, I believe we will nab Landry Jones in the 4th as a developmental guy.

Would be shocked in Bray, Glennon, or Wilson are any consideration in the first three rounds.
    I take issue with the 1st line. If we take a Qb in the 2nd round this year we are not taking a Qb next year early money or not without giving the guy we chose this year a real shot, which means a few years, and that is the problem. That is why I don't want to pick a guy early in this draft and then probably pass over guys in the next couple of drafts because we are developing Nassib as our starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Mike Glennon? ...and you guys thought Sanchez had accuracy issues...
    I thought that too at 1st but when you watch tape and read scouting report everything says that was more the team around him. 36 sacks for a QB that didn't run a lot in college is not a good thing for the guy. In scouting report they say he may actually be the 2nd most accurate guy in this draft. He has great size and ability. He has all the hallmarks of a guy that will look good as a pro QB. Very comparable to a guy like Flacco coming out. I'll take that. Yeah not top ten value but still 1st round value. Worse guys have gone higher. For what it is worth never felt Sanchez was worth a 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Heard that! Glennon has all the tools.. he just has to gain alittle weightroom(BULK)/(MUSCLE) and experience.. SKYS DA LIMIT 4 GLENNON! 2-3 yrs down the road watchout for him.

I also like

Manuel
    Glennon
    Jones
    Bray
    Renfree
    Glennon is growing on me can he be had in 3rd rd?

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I take issue with the 1st line. If we take a Qb in the 2nd round this year we are not taking a Qb next year early money or not without giving the guy we chose this year a real shot, which means a few years, and that is the problem. That is why I don't want to pick a guy early in this draft and then probably pass over guys in the next couple of drafts because we are developing Nassib as our starter.
    This is where I disagree. Many teams in resent years have drafted a 2 or 3rd round QB then bailed on them 1-2 years later. Carolina and Clausen is the 1st that comes to mind. Miami drafted like 4 QBs in a row until they found Tanne. Cleveland may draft a 3rd this year. Even before that McCown, Frye, Quinn. They have made bad picks yeah but still smart enough not to stick with them long. Also every one I'd take over Sanchez. If not for DA they would likely have anther name in there. Heck Atlanta bailed on Farve after 1 year and he was a 1st.

This is where I disagree. Many teams in resent years have drafted a 2 or 3rd round QB then bailed on them 1-2 years later. Carolina and Clausen is the 1st that comes to mind. Miami drafted like 4 QBs in a row until they found Tanne. Cleveland may draft a 3rd this year. Even before that McCown, Frye, Quinn. They have made bad picks yeah but still smart enough not to stick with them long. Also every one I'd take over Sanchez. If not for DA they would likely have anther name in there. Heck Atlanta bailed on Farve after 1 year and he was a 1st.
    Yeah, and has that been a good thing? Using a high pick on a suspect guy and then bailing on him? I'll use the three years worth of 2nd rounders to improve my team and then go after a franchise guy who is actually a great prospect rather than drafting Kellen clemens 3 times before going after Cam Newton.