23 31.51%
  • wait till clowney time next year

7 9.59%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Which Qb should we take?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Yeah, and has that been a good thing? Using a high pick on a suspect guy and then bailing on him? I'll use the three years worth of 2nd rounders to improve my team and then go after a franchise guy who is actually a great prospect rather than drafting Kellen clemens 3 times before going after Cam Newton.
    We have so many holes and needs on this team, I can't understand folks wanting to draft marginal QBs in rounds 2-3 every year just to be willing to toss them aside a year later for the NEXT marginal QB in the hopes that we miraculously find the next Russell Wilson.

No one is disputing that QB is the MOST important position in the sport--you need a true franchise guy to win a SB.

But you can't constantly pick up JAGs and then complain you don't have any playmakers or a stout O-Line or a pass rush when you are spending the 2nd and 3rd round picks on mediocre QBs instead of those playmakers.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, and has that been a good thing? Using a high pick on a suspect guy and then bailing on him? I'll use the three years worth of 2nd rounders to improve my team and then go after a franchise guy who is actually a great prospect rather than drafting Kellen clemens 3 times before going after Cam Newton.
    Yes it has for the most part. Players dont like to play for team that play to loose. If you think Carolina sucks because they took Clausen one year instead of some OLB I have to disagree again. They need to project hope or players will not want to resign with them. The Browns issues aren't the fact they can't get good FA to stay go there without over paying are. Miami was on most list to finish dead last last year. 5 QBs later they are getting over hyped because they finally found a QB. We didn't get it right with Sanchez what makes you think we get it right buying time for the next big name? Big names don't mean success. Quinn, Sanche, and Carr where big names. That didn't help much.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cam Newton was not considered a can't miss prospect as well so just stop.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post

Heck Atlanta bailed on Farve after 1 year and he was a 1st.
    Sounds like someone doesn't follow football very much.

Atlanta "bailed" on Favre because Jerry Glanville hated him and Ron Wolf LOVED him. Loved him enough to try to trade for the pick when he was with the Jets and immediatley upon becoming the Packers GM the next year traded for him.

Favre didn't play enough for Atlanta to "bail" on him. Glanville was against drafting him and wanted him gone from the team even before he suited up for the Falcons. Hated him.

Oh, and btw, Favre was a 2nd, not a first.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

They need to project hope or players will not want to resign with them.
    Wow, really?

That enters into your draft strategy?

LOLOLOLOLOLZA.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Sounds like someone doesn't follow football very much.

Atlanta "bailed" on Favre because Jerry Glanville hated him and Ron Wolf LOVED him. Loved him enough to try to trade for the pick when he was with the Jets and immediatley upon becoming the Packers GM the next year traded for him.

Favre didn't play enough for Atlanta to "bail" on him. Glanville was against drafting him and wanted him gone from the team even before he suited up for the Falcons. Hated him.

Oh, and btw, Favre was a 2nd, not a first.

_
    I was like 10 when he was drafted. It still pertains because we are talking about 2-3 round picks here.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was like 10 when he was drafted. It still pertains because we are talking about 2-3 round picks here.
    If you don't know what you are talking about, my suggestion is not to use it as an example.

Favre's tenure in Atlanta does NOT "pertain" to this discussion.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cam Newton was not considered a can't miss prospect as well so just stop.
    No Qb is a can't miss but there is a hell of a lot of difference between a Newton, RG3, Luck than the guys you want to draft and then just toss away 2 years later if they don't look great. (I even thought Newton was a bad pick 1st overall.)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, really?

That enters into your draft strategy?

LOLOLOLOLOLZA.

_
    As it should for any team. A FA WR or TE doesn't want to play for a team that doesn't want a better QB to get him the ball. You think if Holmes had a choice he'd stay here with Sanchez? Hell no. These guy get 4-6 good years of play they don't want to waist 2-3 with a bust QB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No Qb is a can't miss but there is a hell of a lot of difference between a Newton, RG3, Luck than the guys you want to draft and then just toss away 2 years later if they don't look great. (I even thought Newton was a bad pick 1st overall.)
    Luck was pretty can't miss by all accounts. Your logic is flawed here big time IMO as most of these guys being mention are better prospect then most 1st rounders of the past. Glennon is every bit the prospect Flacco or Freeman was. Barkley is a much better prospect then Sanchez or Lienard was. I'll take Nessib over Gabbert any day. Just because they aren't Luck, RG3 or Elway doesn't mean they aren't well worth a 1st rounder. You draft on potential and most of these guys have that in spades.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    As it should for any team. A FA WR or TE doesn't want to play for a team that doesn't want a better QB to get him the ball. You think if Holmes had a choice he'd stay here with Sanchez? Hell no. These guy get 4-6 good years of play they don't want to waist 2-3 with a bust QB.
    What?

What fantasy land are you playing GM in? No body gives a sh*t about anything other than money when they are trying to nail their big contract after their rookie deal. Holmes would have signed with the Broncos with Tebow as the starter if he could have gotten more money.

The only guys going to championship situations or to franchise QBs at the expense of $$ are the guys who have already made their money or are at the end of their careers--like Welker.

You think mike Wallace left Big Ben for Tanny because Tanny is a better QB or Miami gives him the better chance to win a SB?

Hahahahahahaaaaa.

He went for the $$ and the b*tches in South Beach.

You need to lose your naivette.

Btw, Holmes HAD the choice to stay with Sanchez or leave for a better QB and guess what he did?

Do you remember?

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What?

What fantasy land are you playing GM in? No body gives a sh*t about anything other than money when they are trying to nail their big contract after their rookie deal. Holmes would have signed with the Broncos with Tebow as the starter if he could have gotten more money.

The only guys going to championship situations or to franchise QBs at the expense of $$ are the guys who have already made their money or are at the end of their careers--like Welker.

You think mike Wallace left Big Ben for Tanny because Tanny is a better QB or Miami gives him the better chance to win a SB?

Hahahahahahaaaaa.

Btw, Holmes HAD the choice to stay with Sanchez or leave for a better QB and guess what he did?

Do you remember?

_
    So true. It is ALWAYS about the money.

If money is equal then yes, the player will choose the better situation, but the highest bidder wins 95% of the time.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What?

Hahahahahahaaaaa.

Do you remember?

_
    Wallace has his SB and if you think Miami didn't over pay for him your nuts. You think Washing had a better QB? That was the only other team offering him more money then we did. We still overpaid. He only came back for the money IMO. No other team was offering 10mil plus for him. Did I not say the only way to keep them is to over pay?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Luck was pretty can't miss by all accounts. Your logic is flawed here big time IMO as most of these guys being mention are better prospect then most 1st rounders of the past. Glennon is every bit the prospect Flacco or Freeman was. Barkley is a much better prospect then Sanchez or Lienard was. I'll take Nessib over Gabbert any day. Just because they aren't Luck, RG3 or Elway doesn't mean they aren't well worth a 1st rounder. You draft on potential and most of these guys have that in spades.
    So your opinion should hold more weight than all of the real experts?

Flacco, Freeman and Sanchez were ALL rated so much higher than any of these guys--all of them clearly first rounders. I get that you hate Sanchez, but he was almost unanimously rated as a top 10 pick and the second QB behind Stafford. YOUR opinion of him, or that he hasn't panned out doesn't change that fact. Barkley hasn't been rated as a first rounder by anyone since about November of last year.

And nobody thought much of Gabbert--he's basically the level of the propect of all of these guys.

A JAG.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So the question remains though. If you are set on NOT drafting a QB then WHO plays the role this year? We dont have a guy that even comes close on the roster and we have no money to sign one. lol I dont get what you are trying to prove. How does next year fill this years roster. Sanchez will never play anther down for this team. Garrard is 35 and we have nothing else on the roster still. Who takes the role. Are you better we sign Orton? As the roster stands right now if we dont at least try to find a QB this year I am done with this team.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wallace has his SB and if you think Miami didn't over pay for him your nuts. You think Washing had a better QB? That was the only other team offering him more money then we did. We still overpaid. He only came back for the money IMO. No other team was offering 10mil plus for him. Did I not say the only way to keep them is to over pay?
    What do you think free agency is about?

It's designed for guys to get over paid.

Nobody --other than in your fantasy land--goes to a team for "hope" or because of a better QB situation.

They go for MONEY.

LOL, hope.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

As the roster stands right now if we dont at least try to find a QB this year I am done with this team.
    Buh bye!

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So your opinion should hold more weight than all of the real experts?

Flacco, Freeman and Sanchez were ALL rated so much higher than any of these guys--all of them clearly first rounders. I get that you hate Sanchez, but he was almost unanimously rated as a top 10 pick and the second QB behind Stafford. YOUR opinion of him, or that he hasn't panned out doesn't change that fact. Barkley hasn't been rated as a first rounder by anyone since about November of last year.

And nobody thought much of Gabbert--he's basically the level of the propect of all of these guys.

A JAG.

_
    Very few had Sanchez with a high grade he was all hype because the rest of the field sucked. I remember him getting a 2nd round grade by the draft board and a lot of people said no way he goes top ten. He was just the only game in town. Barkey is rated much better as a prospect this is just a better class. Barkley did get a 1-2 round projection from the board. So did Geno for what that is worth. I do not believe either Flacco or Freeman got a 1st round bid by the board either. Flacco was a 2nd round projection right up to the draft Freeman most said if TB past he fell. They made it in the combine and workouts same as Glennon is doing. This isn't opinion. This is how they graded out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What do you think free agency is about?

It's designed for guys to get over paid.

Nobody --other than in your fantasy land--goes to a team for "hope" or because of a better QB situation.

They go for MONEY.

LOL, hope.

_
    Only the top 10% get over paid. If you think we overpaid for guys like Barnes and Goodson I have to disagree. FA is a dog and pony show. I'll give you that. Look back at what Washington did 2 years ago. They actually built a base of a team in FA and didn't over pay for one guy that year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very few had Sanchez with a high grade he was all hype because the rest of the field sucked. I remember him getting a 2nd round grade by the draft board and a lot of people said no way he goes top ten. He was just the only game in town. Barkey is rated much better as a prospect this is just a better class. Barkley did get a 1-2 round projection from the board. So did Geno for what that is worth. I do not believe either Flacco or Freeman got a 1st round bid by the board either. Flacco was a 2nd round projection right up to the draft Freeman most said if TB past he fell. They made it in the combine and workouts same as Glennon is doing. This isn't opinion. This is how they graded out.
    This is all complete and utter bullsh*t.

I love how you think getting a "grade" by guys on an internet message board matters more than guys who do this for a living or real GMs.

You don't know what the f*ck you are talking about.

Just figured it out--you're a fantasy football kid. And all the while I thought you were an adult.

LOL, my bad.

_