13 17.81%
  • no one

23 31.51%
  • wait till clowney time next year

7 9.59%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Which Qb should we take?

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    This is all complete and utter bullsh*t.

I love how you think getting a "grade" by guys on an internet message board matters more than guys who do this for a living or real GMs.

You don't know what the f*ck you are talking about.

Just figured it out--you're a fantasy football kid. And all the while I thought you were an adult.

LOL, my bad.

_
    The draft advisory board is not an Internet message board. It is picks base on stats and draft history on everyone who is eligible(not declared mind you). To be fair Sam Bradford and Tebow both had the higher grades then him. Value wise it is the mark most college athletes use to determine if they want to go into the draft early. Underclassman QBs are rarely given a high grade. But I wouldn't take one regardless that is my opinion.

EJ Manuel...

Handles the pass rush extremely well, doesn't panic and very athletic. Throws a solid deep ball and good on the short passes too. Only question is the midrange 15 yard throws but I'll take that as a problem over the other guys' problems.

I've been talking about Manuel when people thought he was a 3rd round pick... Now Mayock has him as his 2nd best QB when he should've been there from the start.

Marcus Mariota aka Collin Kapernick 2.0 (2014)

Last edited by K-Ro 25; 03-22-2013 at 12:02 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    This is where I disagree. Many teams in resent years have drafted a 2 or 3rd round QB then bailed on them 1-2 years later. Carolina and Clausen is the 1st that comes to mind. Miami drafted like 4 QBs in a row until they found Tanne. Cleveland may draft a 3rd this year. Even before that McCown, Frye, Quinn. They have made bad picks yeah but still smart enough not to stick with them long. Also every one I'd take over Sanchez. If not for DA they would likely have anther name in there. Heck Atlanta bailed on Farve after 1 year and he was a 1st.
    What you're failing to mentioned here was that in that case, Clausen was drafted into a situation where he was going to see field time in year 1. It was devastatingly apparent after year 1 that Clausen was not going to lead a franchise. Much like Gabbert won't either.

Whomever we might take in the 2/3 wouldn't see the field in year 1. We've got Sanchize, Garrard, etc. He'd be a prospect that would be groomed and thus would raise all kinds of questions if we took a Bridgewater next year. "why'd you spend the pick last year??"

In other words, it's not the same situation. If we'd been able to cut Mark, (like BUF cut Fitz) then it's a different story.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    What you're failing to mentioned here was that in that case, Clausen was drafted into a situation where he was going to see field time in year 1. It was devastatingly apparent after year 1 that Clausen was not going to lead a franchise. Much like Gabbert won't either.

Whomever we might take in the 2/3 wouldn't see the field in year 1. We've got Sanchize, Garrard, etc. He'd be a prospect that would be groomed and thus would raise all kinds of questions if we took a Bridgewater next year. "why'd you spend the pick last year??"

In other words, it's not the same situation. If we'd been able to cut Mark, (like BUF cut Fitz) then it's a different story.
    Wasting your time. You're arguing with a child who thinks Tebow will win the starting job for the Jets.

_

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post

WHO! Carolina had more at QB that year then we did. Matt Moore was supposed to be the day one starter but was knocked out by injury. Sanchez is not playing anther game for this team. Stop kidding yourself on that one. He is simply on the roster because we can't cut because of cap issue. It doesn't mean they intend on even letting him dress on game day. Which he will not I guarantee it. Garrard maybe but that is not enough to warrent not drafting a QB for this team. He is a crossover guy at this point. Good vet exposure for who ever the young guy is coming in. Really think they just signed him to team with Tebow honestly. I dont see where Sanche even comes into the equation this year. If we have the cap at final cut he is gone. If not he is 3rd string and never plays.

Wasting your time. You're arguing with a child who thinks Tebow will win the starting job for the Jets.

_
    Who is that? Now your just making **** up.

Hall Of Fame
    Who is that? Now your just making **** up.
    Who do we have that is winning this thing? I don't think it would shock anyone if he [Tebow] beats out Sanchez and Elroy in camp. They both suck bad.
    _

Hall Of Fame

Which he will not I guarantee it.
    I do not think that word means what you think it means.

_

_
    What beating out Sanchez to be our #3? That is far from saying he is going to start. Your reaching. I have never once said I thought any of the QBs on our roster right now is the starter. Garrard could start a few games but I think we are drafting our starter. I have been very clear on that.

I do not think that word means what you think it means.

_
    Inconceivable

Hall Of Fame
    What beating out Sanchez to be our #3? That is far from saying he is going to start. Your reaching. I have never once said I thought any of the QBs on our roster right now is the starter. Garrard could start a few games but I think we are drafting our starter. I have been very clear on that.
    You used to sound like a child.

Now you are sounding more and more like a petulant child.

_

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    Marcus Mariota aka Collin Kapernick 2.0 (2014)

Isn't he a true freshman? If that's true, he isn't eligible till 2015.

Zero credibility for this thread. EJ Manuel, who Mike Mayock said is the 2nd best QB in the draft, is not even an option?

Manuel in the 2nd. Use the 2x 1st round picks (assuming Revis trade happens) on OL and DL players who can help now.

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Isn't he a true freshman? If that's true, he isn't eligible till 2015.

Nope, he's draft eligible this year.

1. Bridgewater
    2. Mariota
    3. Manziel

Or Bust.

How was Barkley's pro day? Jets are keeping tabs...smokescreen?