13 17.81%
  • no one

23 31.51%
  • wait till clowney time next year

7 9.59%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Qb should we take?

Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    I think Maziel is great college qb, but his game won't translate in pros. I don't know Teddy

say hello to teddy~~~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmyPaOy7OTs

Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    Agreed I feel w/some luck we can a good qb in rd 2 or 3. NASSIB or Glennon have my vote.

GENO has bust written all over him & reminds us of Jemarcus Russell ouch!
    how? by all accounts the kid is a hard worker and football is important to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    The guy i want is Tyler Bray. I have no idea why people would have a prolem spending a 3rd round pick on a player who has all the physical skills to evelop into a franchise QB.
    I agree. If Bray came back and had a big year next year, he would probably go top 10 in that draft.

Quote Originally Posted by NYDreamer View Post
    The guy I want can be had later in the draft and his name is Sean Renfree the QB out of DUKE. This kid shows the arm strength and mental make up to be a solid QB at the next level.
    Here is a game against a very good defense in North Carolina:
    http://youtu.be/HiAn_YhFm4M
    Agree. This kid doesn't get talked about much, but he'd be a near perfect WCO fit. Perhaps better than any qb in this draft. He's a fluid, rhythm thrower with a great short game. He throws screens with a nice tight release resulting in touch, accuracy and hitting targets in stride (unlike Sanchez)...

I think this clip vs Cincy is better than the NC one:
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GfE52Ef8wsc

Smart kid too, good head on his shoulders and size - 6'3 - 220
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7KOr3YDeWNc

The last comment from his coach in this video is key. Renfree is extremely accurate...

A dark horse of sorts, I hope he ends up with the Jets.
    Last edited by Monsterxman; 03-20-2013 at 09:32 PM.

All League
    Bray in the 3rd round.

Give me Manuel, Bray, Renfree this yr.

Give me BOYD, BDUB , next yr.

top 5 next 2 yr R

1 Manuel
    2 BDUB
    3 BOYD
    4 Renfree
    5 Bray

Where is this better draft class people say is next year? I really dont see it. Better fruit my ass. Here is CBS top ten QBs next year. Which one of these would even be in 1st round discussion in this class?

1 A.J. McCarron - Limited upside he is Dysert at best next year. More likely just a BU in the pros if that.

2 Logan Thomas - Complete crap IMO. I can throw better then this guy. Not kidding he has no accuracy at all. Brad Sorensen is better for the love of god.

3 Aaron Murray - Eh anther guy that is Drysert at best IMO.

4 Zach Mettenberger - Unless he takes a huge leap he is a mess. If not for his size he isn't even worth mentioning.

5 Tajh Boyd - Is getting Wilson comparisons only not as good. There is a reason Wilson wasn't a high pick. Not exactly blue chip here. 0 chance he gets a 1st rounder.

6 Derek Carr - Maybe the best prospect here really. I could see him getting Nessib like push next year but wouldn't be talked about in this class.

7 David Fales - Crap
    8 Tyler Russell - Mega crap
    9 Bryn Renner - mild crap
    10 Stephen Morris - Super mega crap

That is NOT better fruit even at their best.

If all your talking about is underclass your reaching and hoping IMO. Manziel with these guys looks great but is not a 1st round quality guy. I'll be shocked if he gets a 3rd round draft grade by the board. Bridgewater, Trickett, Thomas, Driskel? You have no clue if any of them are going to be any good and that is even IF they declare next year. Your looking too far down the road for this team to care about IMO.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Where is this better draft class people say is next year? I really dont see it. Better fruit my ass. Here is CBS top ten QBs next year. Which one of these would even be in 1st round discussion in this class?

1 A.J. McCarron - Limited upside he is Dysert at best next year. More likely just a BU in the pros if that.

2 Logan Thomas - Complete crap IMO. I can throw better then this guy. Not kidding he has no accuracy at all. Brad Sorensen is better for the love of god.

3 Aaron Murray - Eh anther guy that is Drysert at best IMO.

4 Zach Mettenberger - Unless he takes a huge leap he is a mess. If not for his size he isn't even worth mentioning.

5 Tajh Boyd - Is getting Wilson comparisons only not as good. There is a reason Wilson wasn't a high pick. Not exactly blue chip here. 0 chance he gets a 1st rounder.

6 Derek Carr - Maybe the best prospect here really. I could see him getting Nessib like push next year but wouldn't be talked about in this class.

7 David Fales - Crap
    8 Tyler Russell - Mega crap
    9 Bryn Renner - mild crap
    10 Stephen Morris - Super mega crap

That is NOT better fruit even at their best.

If all your talking about is underclass your reaching and hoping IMO. Manziel with these guys looks great but is not a 1st round quality guy. I'll be shocked if he gets a 3rd round draft grade by the board. Bridgewater, Trickett, Thomas, Driskel? You have no clue if any of them are going to be any good and that is even IF they declare next year. Your looking too far down the road for this team to care about IMO.

There's 1 other name i would love to add to this list but i am not so sure what ytpe of QB he is.

Davis Ash from Texas

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Bray in the 3rd round.

I Love this prospect especially where we are looking at getting him.

Gotta say thou i have always been a fan of Renfree.

We don't need to pick any of these guys. None of them stand out, Jets need OLB, OL, RB, S more.

Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    We don't need to pick any of these guys. None of them stand out, Jets need OLB, OL, RB, S more.
    There is nothing this team needs more then QB.

There is nothing this team needs more then QB.
    You have totally and 100% fallen into the trap that dooms bad gms. We have a big need thus we are going to artificially boost up the level of the players we are looking at to justify making a pick for that position.

Our need is a very good long term QB, not just a QB. I said it before, just because we get one of these guys in the 2nd round doesn't make them any good. A Gabbert, a Ponder a locker in the 2nd round is still a suspect QB that you are going to be committed to for a number of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Bray in the 3rd round.

What's the low down on Bray?

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    You have totally and 100% fallen into the trap that dooms bad gms. We have a big need thus we are going to artificially boost up the level of the players we are looking at to justify making a pick for that position.

Our need is a very good long term QB, not just a QB. I said it before, just because we get one of these guys in the 2nd round doesn't make them any good. A Gabbert, a Ponder a locker in the 2nd round is still a suspect QB that you are going to be committed to for a number of years.
    i think the jets should take a qb this draft, just not too early. there are qbs who would be upgrades from mcelroy later on and until the jets get a true #1 qb they have to keep taking their shots.

This is a very deep QB draft there is 0 reason not to at least take one and see what he has. Not sure what you think we are going to get to play this year if we dont draft a QB. Heck there isn't a QB in next years draft that would fit your criteria either. You don't get better by sitting around waiting for something to happen. If teams went by your QB motto most teams would still be starting QBs like Sanchez and Henne right now. You know what you have doesn't work time to move on. It is low risk. Riding out guys like Loseman and Henne longer then you need to are the biggest GM trap that gets them fired not moving on.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 03-21-2013 at 10:57 AM.

Veteran
    Peter Lalich UDFA - yeah I said it.

This is a very deep QB draft there is 0 reason not to at least take one and see what he has. Not sure what you think we are going to get to play this year if we dont draft a QB. Heck there isn't a QB in next years draft that would fit your criteria either. You don't get better by sitting around waiting for something to happen. If teams went by your QB motto most teams would still be starting QBs like Sanchez and Henne right now. You know what you have doesn't work time to move on. It is low risk. Riding out guys like Loseman and Henne longer then you need to are the biggest GM trap that gets them fired not moving on.
    Deep? If by deep in mediocre guys who will be backups you may be right. Seeing as QB is the most important position you have to get it right, we need look no further than our own situation with Sanchez.

To have the attitude that 'we will draft a guy in the 2nd round...if he doesn't work out we will draft another guy next etc lowers the talent level of your team over time. Hey if you love a franchise guy you go after him hard, even trading up but if we pass over a good olineman or WR or OLB or safety in the 2nd round for one of these 'we hope they can do something' QB's it's crazy.

It's all about value and if the guy is a very legit QB to end up being a franchise guy, almost all of the QB's in this draft have a sever limitation in one way or another. Watching Ryan Nassib maybe develop into an okay QB while watching DeAndre Hopkins be a great starter for the next 7 years is not the way to go.

I'm not against drafting QB's. I'm against drafting QB's from this draft class (at least in the top 3 rounds) which looks weak weak weak compared to some other years.

Quote Originally Posted by I against I View Post
    Peter Lalich UDFA - yeah I said it.
    yet still an upgrade over McElroy at least. I hope we look at a few UDFA at QB. Even if it is a late rounder I'd be thrilled to get Brad Sorensen, Dayne Crist, Collin Klein, or Tuel in this draft. All of them have a good upside with the right coaching. I still say if Tuel is very under rated this year.

Deep? If by deep in mediocre guys who will be backups you may be right. Seeing as QB is the most important position you have to get it right, we need look no further than our own situation with Sanchez.

To have the attitude that 'we will draft a guy in the 2nd round...if he doesn't work out we will draft another guy next etc lowers the talent level of your team over time. Hey if you love a franchise guy you go after him hard, even trading up but if we pass over a good olineman or WR or OLB or safety in the 2nd round for one of these 'we hope they can do something' QB's it's crazy.

It's all about value and if the guy is a very legit QB to end up being a franchise guy, almost all of the QB's in this draft have a sever limitation in one way or another. Watching Ryan Nassib maybe develop into an okay QB while watching DeAndre Hopkins be a great starter for the next 7 years is not the way to go.

I'm not against drafting QB's. I'm against drafting QB's from this draft class (at least in the top 3 rounds) which looks weak weak weak compared to some other years.
    lol What years are you looking at. Last year yes but most other NO.

This is a MUCH better class then 2011 that was deemed the year of the QB. It didn't take a genus IMO to call Ponder, Gabbert, and Locker reaches that year. Genp, Glennon, Barkley, Nessib, or Wilson are better prospects then any of those guys where. No just no

2010 Bradford and Tebow topped the list. NO

2009 Matthew Stafford was Geno and the rest of the class was horrid. We fell into that pitfall. NO

08 yes

07 Russell and Quin nuff said. Neither where good prospects. NO

06 Young Lienard and Cutler. No just no Young was all hype Geno is a much better prospect. Same goes for Barkley and Glennon IMO over Matt and Cutler. Cutler was a question mark big time NO

05 ?No one thought that was a very good QB class either but it was also deep in 2-3 round talent. Turned out to be a descent class and still wasn't as deep as this one. Debatable

04 OK yes

03 Nope not even close IMO Palmer was all USC hype and the rest was pretty much 09 like NO

02 Was hyped as but reality is it wasn't. Carr and Joey may have just gone to teams where they never had a real chance. I'll say NO

so only 3 of the last 10 draft you can honestly say was better. This is better then most IMO.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 03-21-2013 at 11:42 AM.

I would like to see us pick up Renfree in the later rounds even if we grab Nassib or Manuel in an earlier round.