• no one

23 31.51%
  • wait till clowney time next year

7 9.59%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Qb should we take?

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Glennon or Manuel

Although I'm perfectly fine with skipping on this QB class altogether.

I think it's pretty clear that Sanchez will be the starter this year. Might as well surround him with as much talent as possible and hope the kid turns it around.
    I'll admit I wanted & was happy when we traded for Sanchez. I still think it was worth it & we did make 2 AFC championships.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    We'd have to trade up to get Nassib in round 2, so I don't see that happening.
    If we are high on him let's do it. Remember we didn't make a move for Favre & look how that turned out!

I'd take Barkley in 3rd but I doubt he lasts till then. Sanchez came out early & made the right move & Barkley really lost out by staying...

Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    I would consider taking someone like Nassib, Glennon, Bray, etc. in the middle rounds if they're available (I'm assuming Geno and Barkley won't make it out of the first round). Nobody in this class is worth a reach. Worst case scenario, we roll with what we have and hopefully we'll be in position to take a better QB next year.
    Wilson proved a solid qb can be taken outside of 1st rd. Many good qbs have been drafted past 1st rd.

CMART had a good post on NASSIB!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    I'm high on NASSIB where do we think he'll be drafted?
    IMO, late first or early second. We would probably have to trade up to land him. I get the feeling Idzik won't want to do that. All that I see and hear so far, points to him wanting to secure a franchise QB next year. If that is true, then he is unlikely to spend picks to move up to get a QB this year. I feel when it comes to picking a QB this year, he will only take whoever is sitting there when he's ready to pick (if he likes the choice).

Clowney has nothing to do with the QB position so I chose 'None'

Jets Insider VIP
    I'll admit I wanted & was happy when we traded for Sanchez. I still think it was worth it & we did make 2 AFC championships.
    I was all for it as well

I don't blame the Jets for trading up for Sanchez. But I do blame Tanny for the silly ass extension that he gave him as a makeup kiss on the cheek for flirting with Peyton.

Now all we can do is hope that Mornhinweg's offense will turn Sanchez around.

I was all for it as well

I don't blame the Jets for trading up for Sanchez. But I do blame Tanny for the silly ass extension that he gave him as a makeup kiss on the cheek for flirting with Peyton.

Point.well.taken

All League
    I was all for it as well

Completey agree. Remember how excited most of us were when the Jets traded up for Sanchez??? And then how pissed off most of us were when Tanny foolishly gave him the extension??? Being a Jets fan is a roller coaster ride!

All League
    None, wait till next year with a better crop in place and potential for unknown guys to break out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    From what I've seen, I like Mike Glennon a lot.
    This. I do not want Manuel. 9 may actually be slim pickings the way thinks are looking right now. Geno will be gone by 4 at the latest. You have Philly looking at Manuel as a possible #4 right now if Geno is off the board. They have made no question they will take Geno at 4 if he is there. The Bills could very well go Nassib. Those are 2 guys I actually don't have in my top 5. Zona has Stanton and no one else so they are primed to draft one. Then you never know what Cleveland is thinking. They could absolutely look to replace Weeden for a younger guy. Glennon and Barkley are my 2 and 3 right now. If either is there, I think we'd have to take one. There are just too many teams looking at QBs this year to wait for value. If Geno, Manuel, and Nassib are all of the board at 9 I'm not betting that either Barkley or Glennon falls to the 2nd. Matt Scott maybe if you like him as your man maybe you can wait. Fact is you have Dallas, Chi, Minnix2, SF, SD, Tenn, and TB could all be thinking QB. You may actually see a few 1st round QBs here in the bottom 16 if the right guy is there. I could make a legit argument why any one of those teams would be smart to draft a QB if the right guy is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    Completey agree. Remember how excited most of us were when the Jets traded up for Sanchez??? And then how pissed off most of us were when Tanny foolishly gave him the extension??? Being a Jets fan is a roller coaster ride!
    I thought we traded up for Crabby. My heart broke when they said Sanchez.

Hall Of Fame
    Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 3m
    Told Tyler Bray/QB/Tennessee scripted his own workout and did whatever scouts requested. Went over well.

I still say if the Jets want to draft a QB this year take Bray in third round. Much rather take him there than trade back up in the first for Glennon or take Nassib in the second. Well worth a 3rd round selection.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    None of them!! What's the point?! None of these guys possess blue chip QB tangibles. It's a 3rd round talent circus. Regardless if we took one - you really think that individual would start this year? No! Pointless when next year brings better fruit.
    This. I don't understand the mindset--let's take a mediocre QB in a mediocre class and hope we develop him into a franchise QB--yeah and let's do that with our 2nd round pick instead of Gio Bernard or Okafor or Hopkins or Montgomery or Pugh or Brown or Elam or Alford or Warford.

I don't get it.

_

Hall Of Fame
    If we are high on him let's do it. Remember we didn't make a move for Favre & look how that turned out!
    Not true--we did make a move for Favre with Atlanta, Ron Wolf called and made the trade with Atlanta to swap positions, but Atlanta reneged whilst they were on the clock. Apparently the Jets were so pissed and shocked they just grabbed Nagle with the next pick.

Ron Wolf left the Jets after that season to become GM of the Packers and immediately traded with Atlanta for Favre.

_

The following is a repost:

Colby Cameron is a projected late round/UDFA QB prospect that in the right system, which I believe is the WCO, is capable of becoming this year's Brady or Romo.

When you look at highlights of Quinton Patton, you can't help but notice the accuracy of the Cameron. Then when you look up his stats, you can't help but to wonder why he's considered a late round prospect. The guy threw for over 4,000 yards at nearly 8 YPA, so he was not dinking and dunking. Despite putting the ball up 500+ times, he threw a whopping just 5 INTs compared to his 31 TDs. He broke the NCAA records for most consecutive pass attempts without an interception in a season (428), previously by Russell Wilson, and in a career (444). All this while completing just under 70% of his passes. The guy is athletic, intelligent, decisive, can read defenses and has a quick release, good feet, a leader and clutch. The knocks on him are size, arm strength, level of competition and scheme; I address each one below.

Size - He measured in at a hair over 6-2 at the East West Shrine Game. Height is significant cause you can add on weight but not height. I believe not breaking that 6-2 is huge since anything below that threshold greatly diminishes your opportunities to be a starting NFL QB. He weighed in at 210, though
    not ideal, there is room to add on more weight. For the sake of comparison, he's 1/8 of an inch taller than Tyler Wilson and 8 pounds lighter.

Arm strength - His arm does not wow you on tape but reports out of the East West Shrine Game practice week was that scouts were surprised by his compact delivery, zip and ball velocity. He's going to be one of the "throwing quarterbacks" at the Combine this year so he'll have plenty of chances to dispel any concerns about his arm in from of all the scouts.

Level of Competition - When LA Tech played ridiculous game against the SEC's Texas A&M, all the highlights were of Quinton Patton and Johnny Football but Cameron tore up A&M's 14th ranked defense. He went 44 for 58 (75.9% CMP) for 450 yards, 5 TDs and 0 INTs. Hate to pick on Tyler Wilson again but against the same defense, Wilson went 29 for 59 (49.2% CMP) for 373 yards, 1 TD and 2 INTs.

Scheme - I don't think not running a "pro" offense is as much of a hindrance as it use to be since the line between college and pro-style offenses has been blurred with the new wave of QBs coming in. While Tech's offense is more unconventional than most (the center calls in the plays and not the QB), I think it's helped Cameron become better than most at reading coverages and making the proper adjustments.

Rookie
    The guy I want can be had later in the draft and his name is Sean Renfree the QB out of DUKE. This kid shows the arm strength and mental make up to be a solid QB at the next level.
    Here is a game against a very good defense in North Carolina:
    http://youtu.be/HiAn_YhFm4M

All Pro
    The guy i want is Tyler Bray. I have no idea why people would have a prolem spending a 3rd round pick on a player who has all the physical skills to evelop into a franchise QB.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    I don't believe that ther is a clear cut franchise QB, so its a crapshoot. Nonetheless, I think we should pick one, but not with our first pick.
    QB round 2 at the earliest