Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tuck rule; gone; Crown of Helmet, in! Plus: dietary suggestions for Goodell!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Isn't that already illegal? Look how far back you had to search for a clip.
    No its not already illegal and I didnt have to search far back that is a famous play so it came right to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    There are people killed every day in normal traffic accidents.. I just hate the term "we need laws to protect us from ourselves".. Anything that takes away my freedom of choice I hate.. Of course sane people don't drive 150 mph but I'm sure some here do..
    Well then feel free to carry on drinking,womanising,speeding on the sidewalk or even taking crack cocaine anally(though not all at once would be my recommendation)...just don't blame anyone else or expect any sympathy when it all goes t!ts up!!..

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Speed limits are there to protect the public from other reckless drivers. If they were there to protect people from themselves you wouldn't have closed course race tracks or Nascar.
    So if you lose control of your vehicle at high speed while all alone on the highway that's someone else's fault?

Anyway....back to football..

Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    So if you lose control of your vehicle at high speed while all alone on the highway that's someone else's fault?

Anyway....back to football..
    Not at all, in fact you just made my point.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Well then feel free to carry on drinking,womanising,speeding on the sidewalk or even taking crack cocaine anally(though not all at once would be my recommendation)...just don't blame anyone else or expect any sympathy when it all goes t!ts up!!..
    I don't do any of those things except women and some beer.. Your the one that said you needed protection from yourself I don't..

I don't do any of those things except women and some beer.. Your the one that said you needed protection from yourself I don't..
    Precisely.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Not at all, in fact you just made my point.
    How exactly?...explain

Wow,humour not on your list of vices either Francis?
    Chill out and try not to get maimed or killed by dangerous people like me

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Wow,humour not on your list of vices either Francis?
    Chill out and try not to get maimed or killed by dangerous people like me
    You make a statement and I quote;True,which is why we need laws to protect us from ourselves .. No smiley so I assume you were serious? BTW I had smileys in mine and if you don't think I have a sense of humor your reading comprehension isn't working to well..

@ConorTOrr: Best quote from Goodson conf. call, on new crown rule for RBs: "I thought you weren't supposed to do that anyway...doesn't effect me much."

Undrafted Free Agent

A man's got to know his limitations and a man ought to respect,em....

Jets Insider VIP
    Goodell is the worst thing to happen to football

All players know the risks when they sign up.

10 years from now we'll be watching flag football. Well, I won't...but I guess everyone else will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

10 years from now we'll be watching flag football. Well, I won't...but I guess everyone else will be.
    Then they shouldn't be suing the NFL like 100s are.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Then they shouldn't be suing the NFL like 100s are.
    What's your point?

Players have filed suits against the NFL for years and years.

I'm all for a better retirement plan for players, but this sh*t is totally overboard.

Has there been a single year that has gone by with Goodell as commisioner where radical changes haven't been made?

Leave the f*cking game alone.

If you guys want to watch two hand touch, suit yourselves.

I'll just switch to watching MMA full time when it happens. The biggest appeal of football is that it's a violent game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I'm no fan of Goodell but he works for the owners who are afraid of law suits.. BTW the only team to vote against the rule was the Bengals..

You make a statement and I quote;True,which is why we need laws to protect us from ourselves .. No smiley so I assume you were serious? BTW I had smileys in mine and if you don't think I have a sense of humor your reading comprehension isn't working to well..
    It's actually 'too' not 'to'.....spelling comprehension?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

It's actually 'too' not 'to'.....spelling comprehension?
    I'm saving on O's for my Cheerio's.. Always nice to have a school marm on the board..

What's your point?

Players have filed suits against the NFL for years and years.

I'm all for a better retirement plan for players, but this sh*t is totally overboard.

Has there been a single year that has gone by with Goodell as commisioner where radical changes haven't been made?

Leave the f*cking game alone.

If you guys want to watch two hand touch, suit yourselves.

I'll just switch to watching MMA full time when it happens. The biggest appeal of football is that it's a violent game.

1. The competition committee consisting on front office and coaches proposed it and owners approved it

2. Defending all these suits costs the NFL $$. Not to mention the neg pub from the Seau, Duerson tragedies.

3. If the NFL players were to waive their ability to sue the NFL I'm guessing many of these "ghastly" changes would stop.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @ConorTOrr: Best quote from Goodson conf. call, on new crown rule for RBs: "I thought you weren't supposed to do that anyway...doesn't effect me much."
    You mean we actually signed a running back that runs AWAY from defenders instead of right at them????

I'm saving on O's for my Cheerio's.. Always nice to have a school marm on the board..
    Hey c'mon...you made that too easy for me...anyway I'm a coco poops man myself