Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RB Bradshaw says Jets among the interested?

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like

RB Bradshaw says Jets among the interested?

Ex-Giants RB Ahmad Bradshaw says Jets among interested teams

Former Giants running back Ahmad Bradshaw is still out of work since being released by the Giants last month.

Bradshaw, who had offseason surgery on his troublesome right foot, says he elected to not work out for teams until he is healthier. But he said three teams have expressed interest in him so far: The Jets, Steelers and Packers.

"There are a lot of teams out there, but there are a couple teams that are interested, so I've heard," Bradshaw said on ESPN Radio's The Michael Kay Show today. "Pittsburgh, the Jets and the Packers, which are teams that I feel like need a running back, that I could help. Like I said, itís a process. I just want to take it slow."

Bradshaw, who topped 1,000 yards last season, has still not ruled out a Giants return, saying that "there's always that chance." When the team released him in a salary cap-clearing move, he said a potential return was discussed.

Bradshaw was reminded on the radio show that Giants coach Tom Coughlin, whom Bradshaw regards as a father figure, and Jets coach Rex Ryan have very different personalities and coaching styles.

"I know for sure," Bradshaw said. "You know what, I've heard from a lot of guys (Rex) is a great coach. Itís not even about that with me. He seems to get his guys going for games and for the weeks that they're playing. Thatís what itís all about, just having fun."

The 27-year-old said he'd like to play somewhere close to where he's from, southwestern Virginia, and also land in a situation where he can be the lead back.

"Thereís a lot of teams out there that need running backs," he said. "I want to go to a team (where) I can be the No. 1 back, get multiple carries every game. I just want to be able to help and be a big part of it."

Bradshaw had a larger screw inserted to stabilize his twice-broken right foot in late January, requiring a 10-week recovery period.

"I've decided not to work out with teams yet," Bradshaw said. "I want to be as healthy as I can be, I want to be explosive, and I want teams to see what they are able to get. Right now, I'm working on that, and I think it's coming along faster and faster. I'm walking around without the boot."

Bradshaw is also not a fan of the new NFL rule, passed in a vote today, making it illegal for a runner or tackler to initiate contact using the crown of his helmet in the open field. Bradshaw called the rule "terrible." He has concerns about the rule being enforced properly and said that he lowers his head before a collision with a defender to protect himself.

"I guess they want us to just run upright," Bradshaw said. "Thatís not what football is.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm... he was clearly better than Powell when healthy - I thought he was older than 27.

Was Bradshaw on our practice squad or something before joining the Giants?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    Hmmm... he was clearly better than Powell when healthy - I thought he was older than 27.

the Giants drafted him. Somehow he lasted until the 7th round

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope not- it was inevitable the Giants would release him eventually- he has fumbling issues (but I guess most RB's do). He is not worth his asking price unless we plan on cutting McKnight (which I am all for) especially considering we signed Goodson. I also wouldn't mind drafting an RB.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    the Giants drafted him. Somehow he lasted until the 7th round
    That was because he was kicked out of the University of Virginia for underage drinking and resisting arrest when he ran from cops, then while at Marshall he was arrested for larceny.
    Last edited by sec.101row23; 03-21-2013 at 10:15 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post

You're thinking of Ward. I think we got Ward from CFL, dropped him and the Giants signed him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very good RB, if healthy and not too expensive would be an excellent signing for the Jets. If he's going to take his time, we can wait and see how draft shakes out before making a move.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    No thanks. In the spirit of rebuilding, I'd rather see what we have in Powell, McKnight and Goodman ... and perhaps some rookie.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    You're thinking of Ward. I think we got Ward from CFL, dropped him and the Giants signed him.
    We took Ward in the 7th rd of the 2004 draft..(We had 4 7th rd picks) He was signed off our practice squad by the Giants.. He never played in Canada but went to Ottawa University in his final year but that was in Kansas..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He probably doesn't want to move from NY. It is a nuisance. He probably has kids in school. My guess is that he is more interested in the Jets than they are in him.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jpoppy7 View Post
    Very good RB, if healthy and not too expensive would be an excellent signing for the Jets. If he's going to take his time, we can wait and see how draft shakes out before making a move.
    He does 3 things we sorely lack: pass protect, & a good veteran leader sign him up @ right price if we don't draft a guy top 3 rds

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please please please let this one be true. Him and Goodson would be a really good duo.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    We took Ward in the 7th rd of the 2004 draft..(We had 4 7th rd picks) He was signed off our practice squad by the Giants.. He never played in Canada but went to Ottawa University in his final year but that was in Kansas..
    Kansas, Canada... let's not split hairs...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    Kansas, Canada... let's not split hairs...
    If the beaver is shaved there is no need to..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like he is trying to drum up business for himself. He's probably not getting good offers.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    No thanks. In the spirit of rebuilding, I'd rather see what we have in Powell, McKnight and Goodman ... and perhaps some rookie.
    +1 but if u can get him on the cheap i would!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Please please please let this one be true. Him and Goodson would be a really good duo.
    I like the sound of that plus he's a tough s.o.b

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    Danny Ward or Ware

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Sounds like he is trying to drum up business for himself. He's probably not getting good offers.
    Bradshaw is trying to get that screw in his foot in the door.

amirite?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only if he comes at an affordable price for no more then 2 years. Really would like to see a lot more of Powell though, saw some nice flashes last season.