Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Sanchez win the starter spot and have a bounceback decent season?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    He has quit on the locker room twice now. I highly doubt they'd buy into anther year of him. Even if he looks better in camp he still has no heart or leadership and the FO is aware of this.
    That's just a retarded statement. He has never quit on the lockerroom. Where do people come up with this nonsense?

No. He sucks. Time to just move on.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Saying that Sanchez's play last year was "bad" is like saying that Atlantis has a small problem with some minor flooding.

Sanchez was woeful when it counted. He's lost, shot, done.
    Coops he was bad for sure and I don't think he can turn it around in NY but I think when it's all said and done he'll have rehabilitated his reputation.Sad to say some other team will reap the benefit but even after everything he only has one more INT than TD's for his career....Contrast that with the "great" Joe Willie

All Pro
    Of course he can!

Will he? NO!

There's good reason to believe he will improve with better coaching, Marty M is certainly his best pro coach by far. But if he improves beyond the 32nd ranked passer into someone who can lead a franchise, they should be paying Marty the money.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    That's just a retarded statement. He has never quit on the lockerroom. Where do people come up with this nonsense?
    Yes he has. You can't seriously look at him over the last 2 years and not think that. He has flat out stopped trying that is quitting.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Yes I saw last season too and Sanchez was horrible. I mean he was bad enough that none of us would think twice if we never saw him take another snap for the Jets again. The thing is I don't think any QB was gonna have even a decent season with moron Sparano as our O-Coordinator. Example - my son plays Pop Warner football. One season an ex college player is O-coordinator and head coach and the team goes 9-1. The next season with basically the same players we get a different coach and the team goes 2-7. Hmmmm. Football is about coaching and game planning and play design and apparently Sparano couldn't do any of it effectively. Marty Mornhenwig is a highly experienced offensive coordinator. He will design effective plays for his personnel and he will get the most out of Sanchez. I think Sanchez - under Marty will possibly turn his career around and have a much better season than last year. I think he works hard enough and I think he is capeable. I see the potential. Will it happen? I guess we will see but I think the possibility it there.
    He can win the starting job and have a good season if he learns how to read defenses, throws the ball where the reciever can catch it hold onto the ball, and stop running into his own teammates.If he does those things, he'll be fine.

Yes I saw last season too and Sanchez was horrible. I mean he was bad enough that none of us would think twice if we never saw him take another snap for the Jets again. The thing is I don't think any QB was gonna have even a decent season with moron Sparano as our O-Coordinator. Example - my son plays Pop Warner football. One season an ex college player is O-coordinator and head coach and the team goes 9-1. The next season with basically the same players we get a different coach and the team goes 2-7. Hmmmm. Football is about coaching and game planning and play design and apparently Sparano couldn't do any of it effectively. Marty Mornhenwig is a highly experienced offensive coordinator. He will design effective plays for his personnel and he will get the most out of Sanchez. I think Sanchez - under Marty will possibly turn his career around and have a much better season than last year. I think he works hard enough and I think he is capeable. I see the potential. Will it happen? I guess we will see but I think the possibility it there.
    He does work.hard & unlike greedy.piggy.holmes he put up.his own $ for jet.west

Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    worked out pretty good for mcnabb
    Other than his rookie year McNabb never once had a comp % lower than Sanchez's best year.

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Of course he can!

Will he? NO!
    pretty much.

Jets Insider VIP
    I can see a scenario where he becomes more accurate, sees the field better, less turnover prone and ultimately becomes one of the better quarterbacks in the league...

Anything's possible...Plunkett did it late in his career, so did Vinny T, you never know which guys have that mental toughness that can overcome any obstacle...Can Sanchez overcome 2012 and the Butt Fumble, I say probably not

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Other than his rookie year McNabb never once had a comp % lower than Sanchez's best year.
    That doesn't mean he isn't an innacurate thrower. It could all be a function of the offense he played in.

He may not have outwardly quit on the team like Holmes in 2011, but his utter and complete lack of mental toughness hurts the team. Your QB has to be your leader at all times, and Sanchez just never had it.

I know not every guy is a rah-rah, Ray Lewis type, but for as over the top and absurd Ray Lewis was, Sanchez was just as weak. That'll hit a lockerroom hard.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    last year in pre season when we saw how the team was not acquiring any playmakers whatsoever, everyone (well almost) was screaming about it, how we had no offense and the team would do really badly. And they did exactly as predicted except for the first game. Then Santonio got hurt. Yet now, it's all on Sanchez. Weird.
    This.

However, I believe that he is damaged at this point, too much of the thrower mentality has been coached out of him in trying to make him something he is not, a passer.

Rookie
    Here's a question for you: Sanchez rides the bench behind Garrard all year. Do the Jets offer him a vet minimium contract next year as a backup? Does another team offer him this or more?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Of course he can!

Will he? NO!
    Pretty much sums it up.

I put some of the blame on Sanchez and some of it on the Jets. Time to move on. Hopefully Idzik finds us a kid that has the mental and physical tools and creates an environment for them flourish.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Yes he has. You can't seriously look at him over the last 2 years and not think that. He has flat out stopped trying that is quitting.
    Sanchez has never quit, he has just sucked. There is a big difference. He has always fought hard, played through injuries and stuck his neck out on the line for his teammates. He has always worked hard in the offseason. There is nothing about sanchez that says "quitter." Whether he has the skillset/makeup to ever be a good NFL QB is a totally different question.

Sanchez has never quit, he has just sucked. There is a big difference. He has always fought hard, played through injuries and stuck his neck out on the line for his teammates. He has always worked hard in the offseason. There is nothing about sanchez that says "quitter." Whether he has the skillset/makeup to ever be a good NFL QB is a totally different question.
    I disagree. He didn't fight hard at all the last 2 years. He has quit and just slumped around. He has always sucked but sucked more after he stopped trying. No matter how you say it he quit.

Hall Of Fame
    Lets just say that he has mentally "checked out" on more than a few occasions. He has made some piss poor, and at times, lazy throws. Sometimes it does look like he doesn't care. It is hard to tell whether that is the case or that he just sucks. My guess is that it is a little bit of both.