Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Sanchez win the starter spot and have a bounceback decent season?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    If somehow Sanchez can channel his inner 2010, there is a solid chance he can turn it around.

I'm a half glass full guy, so I think he can turn it around. Does it mean that with each and every pass, I'm holding my breath? Of course it does....but isn't that always the case being a Jets fan.

I'm rooting for him....it would be great if he could do it.....New Yorkers love a good comeback
    +1

If he wins the job, I'll be rooting like hell for him.

he has no rope left with the fans, I can't see him higher than the 3rd Qb this season.

one pick he will be boooood out of the building, it's over.

All Pro
    It's certainly possible, but the chances are slim in my opinion.

Some of Sanchez's biggest issues are accuracy, reading a defense, general awareness, and lack of leadership.

His accuracy is not going to magically improve. It is what it is.

Reading a defense and general awareness can improve, but this typically occurs for young, inexperienced quarterbacks, not quarterbacks going into their fifth season with about 70 games under their belts. The game is too fast for Sanchez, he's subpar in evaluating risk vs. reward during split second decisions, and he's far too mindless about possession of the ball. I don't see these improving to an acceptable level.

Leadership usually grows with experience and age, but I do not have any confidence in Sanchez being able to put a team on his back and lead. He's a follower, affected far too much by external forces instead of taking things into his own hands. Time will tell, but it's running out quickly for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    He has quit on the locker room twice now. I highly doubt they'd buy into anther year of him. Even if he looks better in camp he still has no heart or leadership and the FO is aware of this.
    When?? Being bad is not quitting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mphtrilogy View Post
    he has no rope left with the fans, I can't see him higher than the 3rd Qb this season.

one pick he will be boooood out of the building, it's over.
    That's how stupid most of this fan base is. Not surprising when 60,000 people cheered Pennington getting hurt!!

All League
    Alex Smith

High first round QB who had accuracy problems his first few years, a defense minded coach who killed his confidence, numerous OC his first years.

Were the 49ers better off starting a veteran JAG when Harbaugh took over, or try to ressurect Smith and at the very least have a commodity to trade?

Not saying Sanchez can even be Alex Smith, but if our new OC can make Sanchez see the field better and get his confidence up like Harbaugh did with Smith then I think his confidence comes back and he's a different QB we saw the last couple of years (meaning better)

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    That's just a retarded statement. He has never quit on the lockerroom. Where do people come up with this nonsense?
    Thank you!!!

I truly believe there are a core group of fans who became "real" fans as a result of FF and it shows by their consistent insane posts!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    That's how stupid most of this fan base is. Not surprising when 60,000 people cheered Pennington getting hurt!!
    This!!

One poster has said on another thread out here that they hope that Sanchez is hit by a bus and that person says they are a "fan" of the Jets....

Sanchez may have played poorly some people and that is true but some folks act like he sexually assualted their mother on the stairwell!!

It is mindboggling.....

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoJetsFan View Post
    Alex Smith

High first round QB who had accuracy problems his first few years, a defense minded coach who killed his confidence, numerous OC his first years.

Were the 49ers better off starting a veteran JAG when Harbaugh took over, or try to ressurect Smith and at the very least have a commodity to trade?

Not saying Sanchez can even be Alex Smith, but if our new OC can make Sanchez see the field better and get his confidence up like Harbaugh did with Smith then I think his confidence comes back and he's a different QB we saw the last couple of years (meaning better)
    well, i'd be surprised if marty can do for sanchez what harbaugh did for smith. but above all, sanchez is not accurate. forget reading defenses. i just don't think he can overcome the poor accuracy on the short/intermediate throws. esp. in a WCO.

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Yes I saw last season too and Sanchez was horrible. I mean he was bad enough that none of us would think twice if we never saw him take another snap for the Jets again. The thing is I don't think any QB was gonna have even a decent season with moron Sparano as our O-Coordinator. Example - my son plays Pop Warner football. One season an ex college player is O-coordinator and head coach and the team goes 9-1. The next season with basically the same players we get a different coach and the team goes 2-7. Hmmmm. Football is about coaching and game planning and play design and apparently Sparano couldn't do any of it effectively. Marty Mornhenwig is a highly experienced offensive coordinator. He will design effective plays for his personnel and he will get the most out of Sanchez. I think Sanchez - under Marty will possibly turn his career around and have a much better season than last year. I think he works hard enough and I think he is capeable. I see the potential. Will it happen? I guess we will see but I think the possibility it there.
    You may have dissent on this board, but this league is about coaching, motivation, and execution. Teams and players are always overrated and underrated based on the "what have you done for my lately" routine.

Does nobody remember the laughing stock Kotite years? Kotite won 4 games in 2 years. Within 2 years, Parcells had them in the lead at halftime of the AFC Championship, and in the next season, a QB Achilles away from being favorites to win a Super Bowl. With a LARGE percentage of the core that Kotite left, but tweaks and new players and coaches brought in. Coaching and a few tweaks here and there can change a team's fortunes in a drastic manner in a relatively short period of time. People here seem to forget that.

Since Sanchez's arrival:

- Schotty was horrid.
    - Sparano was even worse.
    - WR/TE/RB health and depth has been mediocre to poor.
    - OL pass blocking has been inconsistent - was great, then poor, then mediocre.
    - OL run blocking has been inconsistent - was great, then poor, then sub-par.
    - Running backs have been inconsistent.
    - D has played good enough to win games that the O lost, but at the same time, also lost a few that the O actually almost won (SOJ luck).

Sanchez has been rattled. Last year, after that 1st Miami game, and then the 49er game, I knew that Sparano's offense, injuries, and Sanchez' rattled mind could not get the job done, and he should've either been benched or at least part-time relieved. But that was last year. We simply do NOT know what he can do with a good OC. Having a good line, good receivers, good running backs all help, but, IMO, coaching is huge. We haven't had one. But we know he MAY be damaged goods. He may be forever rattled. He may be forever emotionally scarred.

We don't know... and we won't know until they play the damn games. All we know is that MM has more of a track record than Schotty and Sparano, and therefore, we'll see what kind of a QB Sanchez is. It is his last shot.
    Last edited by ChrisChrusher#40; 03-21-2013 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    This!!

One poster has said on another thread out here that they hope that Sanchez is hit by a bus and that person says they are a "fan" of the Jets....

Sanchez may have played poorly some people and that is true but some folks act like he sexually assualted their mother on the stairwell!!

It is mindboggling.....
    That's the problem with this fan base, and sports fans in general.

We treat athletes like they are larger-than-life supreme beings. And we think we have some sort of entitlement because we are the "paying" fan. Or that we have some sort of insider knowledge of how the team should be run because we watch every Sunday.

In reality, we don't know a god damn thing.

But hey, if multi-millionaire kids can't be criticized or have harm wished upon them by 50 year old never-was losers, what fun would it be being a Jets fan?

you guys are wasting your time even debating wether mark has the 1-5% chanceof turning it around next year.. I dont think mark will even be starter in game 1. He had a whole season to show how terrible he was last year, no 1 EVER gets that chance..Every other team in the league would have pulled him halfway through season.. Especially coming off a bad year.. Garrard or whoever else is in camp deserve atleast 1/5 of the chance to show what he has. 3 games, then keep in or go to the next guy.

Izdik will cut sanchez after next year so leaving him in to play just because of his salary no longer will save him.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Yes I saw last season too and Sanchez was horrible. I mean he was bad enough that none of us would think twice if we never saw him take another snap for the Jets again. The thing is I don't think any QB was gonna have even a decent season with moron Sparano as our O-Coordinator. Example - my son plays Pop Warner football. One season an ex college player is O-coordinator and head coach and the team goes 9-1. The next season with basically the same players we get a different coach and the team goes 2-7. Hmmmm. Football is about coaching and game planning and play design and apparently Sparano couldn't do any of it effectively. Marty Mornhenwig is a highly experienced offensive coordinator. He will design effective plays for his personnel and he will get the most out of Sanchez. I think Sanchez - under Marty will possibly turn his career around and have a much better season than last year. I think he works hard enough and I think he is capeable. I see the potential. Will it happen? I guess we will see but I think the possibility it there.
    Absolutely, if he keeps his weenie in his pants and fully concentrates on football there is a chance... if he keeps falling in love and getting dumped, then no chance at all...

Bottom line is that he needs to be 100% in on football, not Page 6....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    It's certainly possible, but the chances are slim in my opinion.

Some of Sanchez's biggest issues are accuracy, reading a defense, general awareness, and lack of leadership.

His accuracy is not going to magically improve. It is what it is.

Reading a defense and general awareness can improve, but this typically occurs for young, inexperienced quarterbacks, not quarterbacks going into their fifth season with about 70 games under their belts. The game is too fast for Sanchez, he's subpar in evaluating risk vs. reward during split second decisions, and he's far too mindless about possession of the ball. I don't see these improving to an acceptable level.

Leadership usually grows with experience and age, but I do not have any confidence in Sanchez being able to put a team on his back and lead. He's a follower, affected far too much by external forces instead of taking things into his own hands. Time will tell, but it's running out quickly for him.
    +1

Anything is possible. Even when Sanchez had his confidence, he was NOt a top of the line QB. In today's NFL I think a better QB then Sanchez is mandatory if you want to win a SB.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Is that a yes or no question?
    I think it was a rhetorical question?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Sanchez folded like a deck of cards in response to the club's trade for the alleged non-NFL, CFL-destined, better-suited-for-fullback player that wears #15.

He has proven that he does not possess the mental toughness required to be an NFL starter. His body language screams "no confidence" and that is cancerous to any team.

He's got to go.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    The most inaccurate qb in the league is now going to be asked to run an offense that demands accuracy.

How do you think this is going to turn out?
    McNabb did it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisChrusher#40 View Post
    You may have dissent on this board, but this league is about coaching, motivation, and execution. Teams and players are always overrated and underrated based on the "what have you done for my lately" routine.

Does nobody remember the laughing stock Kotite years? Kotite won 4 games in 2 years. Within 2 years, Parcells had them in the lead at halftime of the AFC Championship, and in the next season, a QB Achilles away from being favorites to win a Super Bowl. With a LARGE percentage of the core that Kotite left, but tweaks and new players and coaches brought in. Coaching and a few tweaks here and there can change a team's fortunes in a drastic manner in a relatively short period of time. People here seem to forget that.

Since Sanchez's arrival:

- Schotty was horrid.
    - Sparano was even worse.
    - WR/TE/RB health and depth has been mediocre to poor.
    - OL pass blocking has been inconsistent - was great, then poor, then mediocre.
    - OL run blocking has been inconsistent - was great, then poor, then sub-par.
    - Running backs have been inconsistent.
    - D has played good enough to win games that the O lost, but at the same time, also lost a few that the O actually almost won (SOJ luck).

Sanchez has been rattled. Last year, after that 1st Miami game, and then the 49er game, I knew that Sparano's offense, injuries, and Sanchez' rattled mind could not get the job done, and he should've either been benched or at least part-time relieved. But that was last year. We simply do NOT know what he can do with a good OC. Having a good line, good receivers, good running backs all help, but, IMO, coaching is huge. We haven't had one. But we know he MAY be damaged goods. He may be forever rattled. He may be forever emotionally scarred.

We don't know... and we won't know until they play the damn games. All we know is that MM has more of a track record than Schotty and Sparano, and therefore, we'll see what kind of a QB Sanchez is. It is his last shot.

Just a wonderful post!!!!!!!!

You sir are a thinking man!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    That's the problem with this fan base, and sports fans in general.

We treat athletes like they are larger-than-life supreme beings. And we think we have some sort of entitlement because we are the "paying" fan. Or that we have some sort of insider knowledge of how the team should be run because we watch every Sunday.

In reality, we don't know a god damn thing.

But hey, if multi-millionaire kids can't be criticized or have harm wished upon them by 50 year old never-was losers, what fun would it be being a Jets fan?
    You are so right.

For me when I hear the venom directed at our own players by its own fan base it takes some of the Joy out of it for me.

Hoping our own player gets mortally hurt or cheeering Pennington being injured just makes no sense to me......