Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Can Sanchez win the starter spot and have a bounceback decent season?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark "sucky" Sanchez was the only QB in the entire National Football League to have a negative QB PAR.

What does that mean you ask?

QB PAR: ........ how much he plays, above the level of a quarterback who plays very rarely and is on the fringe of the NFL.

Mark Sanchez played below a QB who is on the fringe of the nfl. He shouldn't even be our third string QB let alone ever start an NFL game in his life.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    NO. End thread.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

The SOJF and Sanchez haters that chime in a thread like this and have no regard or competence to understand a post like this is mindboggling.
    When people say, "we had no offense," that includes Sanchez. People throw Mangold, Ferguson, Keller, Kerley, and Greene all under the bus just to make Sanchez sound good. If the offense "sucked," then all of those guys "sucked."

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    last year in pre season when we saw how the team was not acquiring any playmakers whatsoever, everyone (well almost) was screaming about it, how we had no offense and the team would do really badly. And they did exactly as predicted except for the first game. Then Santonio got hurt. Yet now, it's all on Sanchez. Weird.

The SOJF and Sanchez haters that chime in a thread like this and have no regard or competence to understand a post like this is mindboggling.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Look, everyone has their opinion on whether he can or can't save his career and obviously it doesn't look good for him. But the plain truth of the situation is the best thing that can possibly happen for the NY Jets is for him to get his act in gear and take that leap to the next level. David Garrard is not taking us to the promise land. Neither is Quinn, Kolb, McElroy, and certainly not Tebow. The only man on our roster with even a shred of a chance to do so is Mark. That's the basic sad reality. Whether that chance is 1% or even a fraction of it, that's our only real chance. IFFFFFFF, big IFFFFFFF, Mark does in fact turn it around then we are not forced to try and spend high draft picks looking for a QB next year, waiting another 2-4 years to see if that guy develops. Hate the guy all you want, I certainly am not happy with him right now. But if you really want what's best for the Jets right now you have to hope this kid turns it on this year.
    Great post!!!

Refreshing to see that posts like this are still possible on this board.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    When batters in baseball are in slumps they tend to take really bad swings and stare at fastballs that go right down the middle of the plate for strike 3. When pitchers fall apart, they can't throw a strike even if the game is on the line.

There is a big difference between "falling apart" like SAnchez did and "Quitting" like a Holmes/Moss.
    Another great one...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    That's the problem with this fan base, and sports fans in general.

We treat athletes like they are larger-than-life supreme beings. And we think we have some sort of entitlement because we are the "paying" fan. Or that we have some sort of insider knowledge of how the team should be run because we watch every Sunday.

In reality, we don't know a god damn thing.

But hey, if multi-millionaire kids can't be criticized or have harm wished upon them by 50 year old never-was losers, what fun would it be being a Jets fan?
    And another...

Slowly, JI is being replenished with solid football fan IQ

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Mark "sucky" Sanchez was the only QB in the entire National Football League to have a negative QB PAR.

What does that mean you ask?

QB PAR: ........ how much he plays, above the level of a quarterback who plays very rarely and is on the fringe of the NFL.

Mark Sanchez played below a QB who is on the fringe of the nfl. He shouldn't even be our third string QB let alone ever start an NFL game in his life.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

Then there is always the other end of the spectrum that just buries the overall Jet fan IQ

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    When people say, "we had no offense," that includes Sanchez. People throw Mangold, Ferguson, Keller, Kerley, and Greene all under the bus just to make Sanchez sound good. If the offense "sucked," then all of those guys "sucked."
    BS

All you have to do is look at Eli Manning and the Giants, injuries on offense to Bradshaw, Nicks was banged up all year, depth was never consistent, OL had injuries, Eli had an average season and so did the Giants.

Keller missed most of the season, Kerley is a good #3 WR, but was forced as the #1 target with Holmes and Hill missing most of the year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    While my heart hopes that Sanchez can be salvaged by Marty, my head & eyes says otherwise.
    What I witnessed last year was a trainwreck at QB.
    Forget that we had sucky players, he still made the same mind boggling picks in the red zone, he still threw horrific picks while rolling to his right throwing late instead of just hurling the ball in the stands.
    He's a defiant little chit that needs to mature & take to the coaching that's given to him. He needs to suck it up, stop pouting & take control of an offense & prove to his teammates that he knows what the fack he's doing out there.
    Will he, I doubt it.
    Can he, who really knows. The ball is in Marks court, he has the talent, his brain needs to follow. I will say that athletes never like to be embarrassed & last year was about as embarrassing year I've seen for an athlete.
    We'll see what kind of character & heart Mark has in the camp & preseason.
    All of us know that the talent surrounding Mark last year was the worst in the league, hands down!
    Green- we all agreed that he was a huge disappointment & left a lot of yards on the field.
    Hill- you could tell the guy only had 29 receptions or whatever the hell he did in college.
    Holmes- gone
    Keller- gone
    Kerley- was our best receiver @ he played dinged up a lot.
    Cumberland- non blocking Jag
    Gates- what?
    Schillens- What?
    This might have been the worst group on offense EVER in the NFL!
    You find me an offense out of the 32 teams that fielded each week, poorer starters than that list above.
    Lets remember, that the only QB in NFL history good enough to lift garbage around him was Elway.
    My god, Matt Ryan had, Turner & jaquis, HOF TE, Roddy White & Julio Jones.
    See any difference there?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely, positively, unequivocally NO.

Sanchez is hot garbage. About this time next year? He'll be gearing up to sell insurance for a living.

He had his many, many, many opportunities and he SUCKED every single time.
    Last edited by Mainejet; 03-22-2013 at 06:22 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we should have a massive Sanchez thread for the season. This way we can keep all the Sanchez garbage in one thread.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    sanchez is done...if garrard is healthy, there is no way sanchez beats him out....sanchez is nothing more than a below mediocre qb.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Yes I saw last season too and Sanchez was horrible. I mean he was bad enough that none of us would think twice if we never saw him take another snap for the Jets again. The thing is I don't think any QB was gonna have even a decent season with moron Sparano as our O-Coordinator. Example - my son plays Pop Warner football. One season an ex college player is O-coordinator and head coach and the team goes 9-1. The next season with basically the same players we get a different coach and the team goes 2-7. Hmmmm. Football is about coaching and game planning and play design and apparently Sparano couldn't do any of it effectively. Marty Mornhenwig is a highly experienced offensive coordinator. He will design effective plays for his personnel and he will get the most out of Sanchez. I think Sanchez - under Marty will possibly turn his career around and have a much better season than last year. I think he works hard enough and I think he is capeable. I see the potential. Will it happen? I guess we will see but I think the possibility it there.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW, if there are ANY Sanchez apologists at this point? You are DEFINITELY a DEMOCRAT.

No self respecting republican could possibly believe that Sanchez is anything more than TRASH.

Sanchez Apologists = DEMOCRATS

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Sanchez will start the season. They (Rex) are going to give him every opportunity to play. Eventually the booing and the media will put too much pressure on them and they will make the switch to Garrard or whoever the #2 is.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    the allegiance rex had for sanchez ended at the end of last season.....stop with that talk.......even rex said that sanchez has to fight for the qb job in 2013.....that pretty much sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    No though knowing Rex and his blind allegiance he will likely want to start Sanchez regardless. Sanchez should never stop on the field again for the Jets, he is worse than horrible.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    the allegiance rex had for sanchez ended at the end of last season.....stop with that talk.......even rex said that sanchez has to fight for the qb job in 2013.....that pretty much sums it up.
    That's just it, Freak..

Rex has allegiance to ALL of his players, not just Sanchez. But I don't believe you are getting the point. The point is, REX knew that Sanchez was the teams best option to get a win. That's why he stuck with Sanchez and not for any other reason than that. As sad as it is to say Sanchez was the best QB option on the team last season.

If Rex had better options, he would have benched him like a hot potato. The fact is, he didn't.

But he still marched the company line. said all good things about Sanchez. Never blamed him publically or called him out to the media. You just knew as a common sense thinking person that he definitely did not believe what he was saying.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    While my heart hopes that Sanchez can be salvaged by Marty, my head & eyes says otherwise.

What I witnessed last year was a trainwreck at QB.

Forget that we had sucky players, he still made the same mind boggling picks in the red zone, he still threw horrific picks while rolling to his right throwing late instead of just hurling the ball in the stands.
    This is reality, bad decision making and bad coaching, I like Rex, but his blind support for Mark last year ended his career, Mark needed a HC, not a fan.

I would feel better about a rebound if Mark had been benched week 4. Now, generations of Jets fans will endure the butt fumble, that will be his legacy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh I agree with you...what I mean is that as far as 2013 is concerned, I get a different vibe from rex when it comes to sanchez..i see people saying sanchex will be the starter....i don't see it...if he all of a sudden gets his act together, then it will eb a time when i am glad i am wrong....heck if garrard stays healthy, he may be able to hold it down for a year...i also doubt that. I honestly can see the jets drafting a qb in the 4th round and he wins the job. I feel that sanchez is who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    That's just it, Freak..

Rex has allegiance to ALL of his players, not just Sanchez. But I don't believe you are getting the point. The point is, REX knew that Sanchez was the teams best option to get a win. That's why he stuck with Sanchez and not for any other reason than that. As sad as it is to say Sanchez was the best QB option on the team last season.

If Rex had better options, he would have benched him like a hot potato. The fact is, he didn't.

But he still marched the company line. said all good things about Sanchez. Never blamed him publically or called him out to the media. You just knew as a common sense thinking person that he definitely did not believe what he was saying.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    oh I agree with you...what I mean is that as far as 2013 is concerned, I get a different vibe from rex when it comes to sanchez..i see people saying sanchex will be the starter....i don't see it...if he all of a sudden gets his act together, then it will eb a time when i am glad i am wrong....heck if garrard stays healthy, he may be able to hold it down for a year...i also doubt that. I honestly can see the jets drafting a qb in the 4th round and he wins the job. I feel that sanchez is who he is.
    +1 I couldn't agree with you more. I hope truly from the bottom of my heart that Sanchez surprises us all and comes into his own. I just don't believe it's going to happen. I've seen too much bad play from him for too long.