Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Can Sanchez win the starter spot and have a bounceback decent season?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    We've had 4 years of Rex Ryan's mind numbing G&P bull****. Sanchez was a problem but the root lies with our DC masquerading as a HC.
    If Rex calls the D, I hope he leaves the offense alone!! I also hope we draft offensive players this year in rounds 1 and 2. Even with a great OC still need some players to execute, and it starts with the OL.
    Problem is Rex doesn't want to look foolish on the defensive side of the ball and will probably draft another LB, or BAP on defense again.

I would rather have a top 5 Offense and bottom half/ middle pack defense. Guarantee we win more games this way and much more exciting to watch.
    Last edited by FMJets; 03-24-2013 at 07:43 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    We've had 4 years of Rex Ryan's mind numbing G&P bull****. Sanchez was a problem but the root lies with our DC masquerading as a HC.
    Ummmm why dont people get this.

Why doesnt Rex get any blame for Sanchez's regression

Rex clearly knew NOTHING about developing a QB. Nothing. Least of all Rex knew nothing about developing a young and inexperienced QB like Sanchez.

Rex and his apologist can't say he knows nothing about running an offense, lost the team with regards to the Jets offense (Rex's own admission), but that he magically somehow knows what to do with developing young QBs and that Rex made wise moves concerning Sanchez.

Rex's incompetence in this area directly and adversely impacted the Jets. And IMO to the posters who are enamored with Rex's defensive ability, his mismagement of the QB postion has to be factored into his overall record as a HC.

Having a good defense doesn't mean you know how to run a good offense or the whole team for that matter.
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 03-24-2013 at 07:50 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Ummmm why dont people get this.

Why doesnt Rex get any blame for Sanchez's regression

Rex clearly knew NOTHING about developing a QB. Nothing. Least of all Rex knew nothing about developing a young and inexperienced QB like Sanchez.

Rex and his apologist can't say he knows nothing about running an offense, lost the team with regards to the Jets offense (Rex's own admission), but that he magically somehow knows what to do with developing young QBs and that Rex made wise moves concerning Sanchez.

Rex's incompetence in this area directly and adversely impacted the Jets. And IMO to the posters who are enamored with Rex's defensive ability, his mismagement of the QB postion has to be factored into his overall record as a HC.

Having a good defense doesn't mean you know how to run a good offense or the whole team for that matter.
    My only issue issue with this was he never got to pick his OC staff. He was handed a staff that got the last coach fired. For pretty much the same thing may I add. Blame Rex all you want for "pressing a ground and pound". Wasn't that the OCs motto before Rex ever got his job? He made it to 2 AFCCs with a bad O. people pimping 09-10 like it was a better O are living in a dream world. 09s O was horrid 10 was no different for the next 2 years. All they could do was run the ball. Every time we put it in Sanchez hands he gave up points. Rex should not be tied to Sanchez IMO. As much as people want to say that was his pick it wasn't. That it was all Tanny and Shotty and they are both gone now because of it. Your only as good as your staff. Rex has done a good job given the crap staff we put around him. Teams like the Bills and Raider have looked for decades for a coach as good as Ryan you dont just throw them away after 1 loosing seasons. Where BTW he was projected to loose. It is not like he is under performing.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would have been nice to add a poll.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Yes I saw last season too and Sanchez was horrible. I mean he was bad enough that none of us would think twice if we never saw him take another snap for the Jets again. The thing is I don't think any QB was gonna have even a decent season with moron Sparano as our O-Coordinator. Example - my son plays Pop Warner football. One season an ex college player is O-coordinator and head coach and the team goes 9-1. The next season with basically the same players we get a different coach and the team goes 2-7. Hmmmm. Football is about coaching and game planning and play design and apparently Sparano couldn't do any of it effectively. Marty Mornhenwig is a highly experienced offensive coordinator. He will design effective plays for his personnel and he will get the most out of Sanchez. I think Sanchez - under Marty will possibly turn his career around and have a much better season than last year. I think he works hard enough and I think he is capeable. I see the potential. Will it happen? I guess we will see but I think the possibility it there.
    Bounceback implies that he's actually had a decent one in the past. You're apparently unfamiliar with his career

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez had 0 at the WR position last season. Sorry guys.