Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Sanchez win the starter spot and have a bounceback decent season?

Can Sanchez win the starter spot and have a bounceback decent season?

Yes I saw last season too and Sanchez was horrible. I mean he was bad enough that none of us would think twice if we never saw him take another snap for the Jets again. The thing is I don't think any QB was gonna have even a decent season with moron Sparano as our O-Coordinator. Example - my son plays Pop Warner football. One season an ex college player is O-coordinator and head coach and the team goes 9-1. The next season with basically the same players we get a different coach and the team goes 2-7. Hmmmm. Football is about coaching and game planning and play design and apparently Sparano couldn't do any of it effectively. Marty Mornhenwig is a highly experienced offensive coordinator. He will design effective plays for his personnel and he will get the most out of Sanchez. I think Sanchez - under Marty will possibly turn his career around and have a much better season than last year. I think he works hard enough and I think he is capeable. I see the potential. Will it happen? I guess we will see but I think the possibility it there.

Veteran

All Pro
    No - he's kaput.

Sorry to say it, as I defended him all through last offseason, but Sanchez is shot. Idzik knows it, and it might even have filtered through to Rex too.

He's not getting better, he's getting worse. Time to admit this was a Joey Harrington-esque mistake, and move on.

I've been a Sanchez supporter/apologist all along, but I don't see any reason to expect him to get better at this point. I think he's still got a chance to start, which is scary at this point. But I think he's shot mentally. He looked relieved when he finally got benched last season.

But with Garrard, Tebow, McElroy and Simms as his current competition, I think the only thing you could rationally predict at this point is that the Jets will likely have below average QB play in 2013. And then just hope they bring in someone else or one of our current ones plays above expectations

If we are going to start the season with Sanchez, Garrard, mcilroy, tebow, then mark is going to easily win the job. I'd much rather give our top 5 pick one last chance with a real oc (regardless of how bad Sanchez played we can all agree that schitty/sporano blow) than waste our time with three players that have ZERO chance of anything.

Jets Insider VIP
    The most inaccurate qb in the league is now going to be asked to run an offense that demands accuracy.

How do you think this is going to turn out?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    The most inaccurate qb in the league is now going to be asked to run an offense that demands accuracy.

How do you think this is going to turn out?
    worked out pretty good for mcnabb

26 years old, why not? Not about to get a tattoo of my wife in a #6 jersey but you never know if or when things click.

Not saying it's gonna happen but really look at who he had last year to throw the ball to.

No its not impossible......no way have any QB's ever bounced back form bad seasons in the history of the NFL...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    No its not impossible......no way have any QB's ever bounced back form bad seasons in the history of the NFL...
    Saying that Sanchez's play last year was "bad" is like saying that Atlantis has a small problem with some minor flooding.

Sanchez was woeful when it counted. He's lost, shot, done.

Depends on who is in camp. He can win the starting job because of the jags he has for competition.

We are looking for our next franchise quarterback. Whether Sanchez starts this year or someone else, I don't care. I don't expect much in 2013 anyway from this team, outside of developing a new system and players.

I'm sure if Jets fans were fans of your team, they would obviously blame the "offensive coordinator" for the reason a bunch of little kids who ran around each other and fell down went from 9-1 to 2-7. My god.

Actually, if you watched pee-wee football for an entire season you might see a butt-fumble, so I can understand the reason to draw similarities between his season and Sanchez'.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 03-21-2013 at 09:05 AM.

All Pro
    last year in pre season when we saw how the team was not acquiring any playmakers whatsoever, everyone (well almost) was screaming about it, how we had no offense and the team would do really badly. And they did exactly as predicted except for the first game. Then Santonio got hurt. Yet now, it's all on Sanchez. Weird.

Look, everyone has their opinion on whether he can or can't save his career and obviously it doesn't look good for him. But the plain truth of the situation is the best thing that can possibly happen for the NY Jets is for him to get his act in gear and take that leap to the next level. David Garrard is not taking us to the promise land. Neither is Quinn, Kolb, McElroy, and certainly not Tebow. The only man on our roster with even a shred of a chance to do so is Mark. That's the basic sad reality. Whether that chance is 1% or even a fraction of it, that's our only real chance. IFFFFFFF, big IFFFFFFF, Mark does in fact turn it around then we are not forced to try and spend high draft picks looking for a QB next year, waiting another 2-4 years to see if that guy develops. Hate the guy all you want, I certainly am not happy with him right now. But if you really want what's best for the Jets right now you have to hope this kid turns it on this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Is that a yes or no question?

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Saying that Sanchez's play last year was "bad" is like saying that Atlantis has a small problem with some minor flooding.

Sanchez was woeful when it counted. He's lost, shot, done.
    Agreed for the most part. I think he is broken (mentally). I think a change of scenary COULD help him.

But I still give him some chance of rebounding, even if that chance is something like 5%. We need more than Garrard/Tebow/Mcelroy as his backups heading into next season and i think we will get it.

He has quit on the locker room twice now. I highly doubt they'd buy into anther year of him. Even if he looks better in camp he still has no heart or leadership and the FO is aware of this.

Can Sanchez start...yes.

Are the Jets in a good position if Sanchez does start....no.

All League
    Anything is possible, but I'd say its not probable. If it would happen, I believe a change of scenery would need to happen.