Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Peter King - Jets can get 2014 1st/2nd rounders from Bucs

even the jets arent stupid enough to take this trade offer. no picks in the 2013 draft no players nothing. zip zero zilch for revis. no thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Exactly, Tampa is going to want to know going into the draft THIS year if they need a CB. The notion that the Jets have all the time in the world and can deal him at their leisure is crazy. Plus, once the draft is over this year, the value of those 2014 draft picks goes up and Tampa may not be as willing to deal them.
    Yeah... because Nobody will want Revis after this year's draft.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    You may not like him, but he's pretty tapped in to the goings on around the league. He's not posting his opinion (except about where the Jets should take the picks), he's stating what he is hearing about the negotiations.

I wouldn't take it as gospel, but I have no reason to think he is misleading us. Purposefullly or otherwise.
    According to SI.com's Peter King, it's "widely believed" that Welker is "staying in New England." Unable to swing Dwayne Bowe money, it's a good bet that Welker will realize that returning to the Patriots is his best option.

Just saying

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    not so fast. Watch Bridgewater.
    I think we should take the guy who broke Air McNair's passing mark...Taylor Heineke.

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    According to SI.com's Peter King, it's "widely believed" that Welker is "staying in New England." Unable to swing Dwayne Bowe money, it's a good bet that Welker will realize that returning to the Patriots is his best option.

Just saying
    He also was totally blindsided by Aso going to the Iggles, so there's that.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Yeah... because Nobody will want Revis after this year's draft.
    Read a little better next time. I was talking about Tampa and the value of their compensation.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    According to that article Revis has been paid $32 million over the last two years, altogether. Wow. Sounds like he already is the highest paid defensive player. He is a greedy bastard and I'm sure Woody's hand is still stinging from signing those checks.
    That includes his $18m Option Bonus that he received in 2011. That is the cause of the big cap hit the Jets will take if/when he is traded. It was amortized over the remaining 6 years of the deal (when it hit) and if traded, the $3m/yr hit from 14' - 16' will accelerate bringing an additional cap hit of $9m.

In cash terms, Revis did in fact realize around $32m in 11' - 12' when counting his OB, Base Salary and Workout Bonuses. Doesn't mean that his deal averaged $16m though.

revis is the best defensive player in the nfl.

sanchez is the worst offensive player in the nfl yet we continue to pay him to lose us games.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post

Just saying
    Look, no one is right 100% of the time. Even Incarcerated Bob is off every once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Rico View Post
    If this goes through, I will root harder for the Bucs to suck than for the Jets to do well.

JOHNNY FOOTBALL BABY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    revis is the best defensive player in the nfl.

sanchez is the worst offensive player in the nfl yet we continue to pay him to lose us games.
    Revis MAY be the best CB in the NFL (depending how he comes back from injury), but there are multiple defensive players out there that I would gladly trade him straight up for (in a Madden-esque world) . . .

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    even the jets arent stupid enough to take this trade offer. no picks in the 2013 draft no players nothing. zip zero zilch for revis. no thanks
    Yeah I think despite what you read here it would be a very tough sell to the fanbase. Trade our best player and get nothing in return that could help the team in 2013? I don't see the Jets doing that

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Yeah I think despite what you read here it would be a very tough sell to the fanbase. Trade our best player and get nothing in return that could help the team in 2013? I don't see the Jets doing that
    The only thing that can help the team in 2013 is a QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Except if you trade him after the draft you aren't getting anything till 2014 anyway. So if they trade him in May are people going to want to trade him for players only? It would be nice to get something this year, but if the overall package is better by getting it all in 2014 then I have no issue.

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4842868]Yeah I think despite what you read here it would be a very tough sell to the fanbase. Trade our best player and get nothing in return that could help the team in 2013? I don't see the Jets doing

I think most fans understand it's a rebuilding year and have 4 picks in the first two rounds next year, plus a lot of cap space - I think most fans will get it.

More importantly. You can't run a franchise by fan demands, I think we've learned that. You do what's best to help your team win and the fans will be there when you win.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Darrelle Revis trade: Buccaneers willing to deal first and second-round picks in 2014, report says | NJ.com

In regards to a Darrelle Revis trade, there was little noise, if any, coming out of the league meetings in Arizona this week.

Tampa Bay, the only team that seems to be interested in selling the farm to acquire Revis, is reportedly growing frustrated with the Jets reluctance to pull the trigger. The Jets, meanwhile, continue to be patient.

According to a report from Sports Illustrated's Peter King, though, the Buccaneers have upped the ante to include both their first and second-round picks in 2014 and to also pay Revis roughly $15 million per season in an extension. This, despite not knowing if the corner is fully healthy.

The report says that the sticking point remains Tampa Bay's first-round pick in 2013, which the Jets apparently covet. This would give them the No. 9 and No. 13 overall picks next month. King added that nothing got done in Arizona to move negotiations forward.

For the moment, the Jets don't seem to be jumping at the offer.

New GM John Idzik is in a difficult situation. It is highly unlikely he can re-sign Revis, especially with the promise of an open market waiting for him in 2014. At best, Revis has one more season in New York.

However, Idzik's job is to get the best possible deal for Revis while he still can. As of now, he apparently thinks that is a first-round pick in 2013 as well as a pick in next year's draft.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Look, no one is right 100% of the time. Even Incarcerated Bob is off every once in a while.
    Understood

I just don't take Peter King for anything other than a Patriots fan, with a friendly relationship with Bob Kraft

Other than that, he's usually always "off"

How is Tampa leaking they would give Revis 15 million not tampering? How does that leak help the NY Jets either sign him or trade him? Tampa is basically telling the league if we don't trade him they are going to buy him next year in FA.

I don't believe the leaks.

jets fan base isnt the brightest overall ha. Plus who cares? Izdik is not going to make decisions jut to please the fans like MT did, thankfully.. I can see if we took weaker picks this year instead of better picks next year, fans will be upset we didnt have the extra picks needed to pick or trade up for franchise qb. Our focus needs to be on 14 and beyond.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    How is Tampa leaking they would give Revis 15 million not tampering? How does that leak help the NY Jets either sign him or trade him? Tampa is basically telling the league if we don't trade him they are going to buy him next year in FA.

I don't believe the leaks.
    That is King making up the 15 million number. He is assuming that because Tampa had said if they trade for Revis they would sign him to a new deal.