Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Peter King - Jets can get 2014 1st/2nd rounders from Bucs

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    thank god know-it-all fans dont run the team...Revis will retire as the greatest Jet ever.
    Yeah, we'll be able to brag that we had the BEST CB EVER!!!!

Meanwhile we'll finish in 3rd or 4th every year because we'll kill the salary cap wasting it on such a prestigious title

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Yeah, we'll be able to brag that we had the BEST CB EVER!!!!

Meanwhile we'll finish in 3rd or 4th every year because we'll kill the salary cap wasting it on such a prestigious title
    what have we had in 44 years? we havent won a damn thing. revis isnt the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    what have we had in 44 years? we havent won a damn thing. revis isnt the reason.
    Revis' attitude is part of the reason.

Most talented? Probably

The only way we win a championship with him is if the rest of the locker room overcomes his "me first" attitude.

Asking a lot

Trade him

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Yeah I think despite what you read here it would be a very tough sell to the fanbase. Trade our best player and get nothing in return that could help the team in 2013? I don't see the Jets doing that
    I think he's talking about pure value of compensation; and he does gloss over this important point...the value in getting something in this draft for Revis. It's important to the fans.

Right?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post

Most talented? Probably

The only way we win a championship with him is if the rest of the locker room overcomes his "me first" attitude.

Asking a lot

Trade him
    That's not how an NFL locker room works.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    That's not how an NFL locker room works.
    Don't get him started.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post

I think most fans understand it's a rebuilding year and have 4 picks in the first two rounds next year, plus a lot of cap space - I think most fans will get it.

More importantly. You can't run a franchise by fan demands, I think we've learned that. You do what's best to help your team win and the fans will be there when you win.
    Most fans can't understand the fact that if we let Revis play out his contract that we will take an additional $9 million cap hit in 2014 and most likely won't receive jack sh*t in compensation if he did leave in FA. I wouldn't assume fans of this team will get anything.

Rookie
    I think Sec101 and Apache , along with a couple others here get it.

Bucs may be running out of patience and move on to Plan B, especially if Jets wait until after the draft. There always could be a draft day trade, but I wouldn't count on it.

There are 2 sayings that come to mind here.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth and A bird in the hand.

Will be interesting seeing how this plays out.

Most talented? Probably

Asking a lot

Trade him
    whats his attitude?

have you ever been in the locker room to witness anything bad hes ever done?

rex ryan the current head coach put him on the pedastal hes on that and his play on the field.

jets fans dont appreciate good players. they somehow find a way to bash and hate them.

this reminds me of all those who called braylon edwards cancer when in reality he never was.

For once I'd love to see the JETS act like one of the better teams in the league and trade a player at the right moment.

The Jets should trade Revis because:

1) The JETS are in total rebuild mode and are in need of an injection of energy and youth. All the good organizations do this (Pats, Pitt, Giants, etc) why not us.

2) Revis is the epitome of what was wrong with Rex' fawning over players where it cost the JETS. What a message this would send to the rest of the team.

3) Revis held out twice, faked a headache in practice over his contract, and nursed a concussion in a bar drinking alcohol while his teammates lost in Pitt. All bad choices. Another great message this would send to the team that there is no place for nonsense like this.

I thought this was a done deal! Thats the way I read it on the scrolling update on NFL Network. So is this all hearsay or what?

whats his attitude?

have you ever been in the locker room to witness anything bad hes ever done?

rex ryan the current head coach put him on the pedastal hes on that and his play on the field.

jets fans dont appreciate good players. they somehow find a way to bash and hate them.

this reminds me of all those who called braylon edwards cancer when in reality he never was.
    Braylon Edwards cared about his teammates so much that he risked drinking a driving out past 4am all while knowing he would be suspended because he had acted this way in the past.

Is this not being a cancer to his team?

3) Revis held out twice, faked a headache in practice over his contract, and nursed a concussion in a bar drinking alcohol while his teammates lost in Pitt. All bad choices. Another great message this would send to the team that there is no place for nonsense like this.
    pure speculation on your part. rex ryan the head coach doesnt allow injured players to travel with the team.

you witnessed him drinking? reports came out no one witnessed him drinking.

you are digging for fault where it doesnt exist.

Braylon Edwards cared about his teammates so much that he risked drinking a driving out past 4am all while knowing he would be suspended because he had acted this way in the past.

Is this not being a cancer to his team?
    players are human beings they all make mistakes. was edwards driving the team bus? that would have made him putting his teammates at risk.

many players live a frivolous carefree lifestyle off the field. i only care about what they do on the field.

pure speculation on your part. rex ryan the head coach doesnt allow injured players to travel with the team.

you witnessed him drinking? reports came out no one witnessed him drinking.

you are digging for fault where it doesnt exist.

players are human beings they all make mistakes. was edwards driving the team bus? that would have made him putting his teammates at risk.

many players live a frivolous carefree lifestyle off the field. i only care about what they do on the field.
    There were pictures of Revis.

Players live carefree lifestyles. Players who jeopardize making the playoffs by drinking when they know they are already on thin ice could give an "F" about their team and teammates.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Players live carefree lifestyles. Players who jeopardize making the playoffs by drinking when they know they are already on thin ice could give an "F" about their team and teammates.
    You're reaching

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    You're reaching
    True champions, Revis and Edwards. One never lived up to his potential, ripped the JETS on a popular social network only to be signed by them a second time and the other is a royal pain in the ass with strong indications that he could care less about his team.

Yes, what championships are built on.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

True champions, Revis and Edwards. One never lived up to his potential, ripped the JETS on a popular social network only to be signed by them a second time and the other is a royal pain in the ass with strong indications that he could care less about his team.

Yes, what championships are built on.
    Every team has it's share of divas

In the NY media market, it's hard to hide from it.....however if Revis (not too sure he's a bad team mate) and Edwards were playing in St. Louis, you wouldn't even know their name

Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Trading Revis will decrease cap space by an additional three million this year AND create another hole in the roster.

I'm all for trading Revis, but the value has to be right and the Jets have to be smart. In my opinion, the Jets need to get at least one 2013 pick out of the trade.
    Not trading creates $9 million deap cap in 2014. Much worse.

no there wasnt. there were pictures of him in the bar. i have yet to see a picture of him drinking anything.

link? proof?

at what point do the bucs so "deal off" and sign 1 of themany cbs still out there.. Reading the article on nfl.com, and the comments.. The buck fans are all not in favor of even giving up 1st and 2nd next year..