Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Peter King - Jets can get 2014 1st/2nd rounders from Bucs

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Yeah, we'll be able to brag that we had the BEST CB EVER!!!!

Meanwhile we'll finish in 3rd or 4th every year because we'll kill the salary cap wasting it on such a prestigious title
    Do you know what the odds are of drafting an all star caliber player with the pick we get for revis? You must not be a gambler.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    what have we had in 44 years? we havent won a damn thing. revis isnt the reason.
    And it will be a lot longer if we had people running the Jets with this kind of mentality.

Who gives a crap if Revis is the best CB in the league? He doesn't win us games outright. If you can get two high draft picks for him, take it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Don't get him started.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    Do you know what the odds are of drafting an all star caliber player with the pick we get for revis? You must not be a gambler.
    Better than keeping the best CB in the league, holding onto that title (like it means shheeeit) like its a Super Bowl, and thinking it be a good idea to pay a CB $15 million a season.

Are you guys that desperate as fans that this is something to really cherish; that we have the best CB in the league?

They (might) be offering two high picks for Revis. Nobody wants to pay this guy, or they would be lining up for him. He may also NEVER be the same. How's that egg going to look on all your faces when he only comes back at say 75 percent and we get d*ck for him?

Yeah, I'll gamble here; I'll take the 1st and 2nd rounder next year and walk out the door laughing.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    A 1st and 2nd next year is great.

Team has to get a pick this year, at least a 3rd, anything better is gravy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberjet View Post
    I get the 1 year delay concept in terms of immediate gratification but never could quite grasp the concept a 1st rounder losing value because it's a year delayed?
    Me neither. A 1st round pick is a 1st round pick all things equal. But if it means losing out on or gaining a quality player by delaying your pick by a year, then that's easier to accept. But in and of itself as an undisputed fact then no.

Personally, Tampa should give up at least a #1 and a #2 and probably a #3 as well. Preferably the #1 this year. But overall I hope Revis signs a sensible extension with the Jets, gets back to his top form and helps the D be dominant with one less need. Look forward to Jets picking up Jarvis Jones in the draft.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    If i'm the G.M.
    I'm getting this years 2nd, next years first~
    The sticking point is they're offering a 4th next year as well
    and I want in to turn into a 2nd .
    Gonna take some time..we'll get it done.

In the end..This years 2nd....next years 1st and 3rd?
    sounds good to me~

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    And it will be a lot longer if we had people running the Jets with this kind of mentality.

Who gives a crap if Revis is the best CB in the league? He doesn't win us games outright. If you can get two high draft picks for him, take it.
    Never argue with an idiot, Steve.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    If this is true about the Bucs, then the deal should be as follows:

2013 -- 3rd Rounder
    2014 -- 1st Rounder
    2014 -- 2nd Rounder

Anything less would be a bad trade for the Jets. They need these 3 extra picks to help rebuild their roster and they can't walk away with no help from the 2013 draft in making the trade.

Also, this rumor is likely coming from the Bucs side. If its reported that they're willing to give up a 1st and a 2nd in 2014 it means that they're willing to give up more.
    Last edited by SMC; 03-21-2013 at 11:18 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    thank god know-it-all fans dont run the team...Revis will retire as the greatest Jet ever.
    Is it seriously possible to be this delusional? The only this dude "retires a jet" is if instead of watching live games every sunday, you watch old DVR'd games for the rest of your life where he's on the roster. He's getting traded lmao, its a matter of when, not if.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I find it hard to believe that is the real offer. TB is father from being good then we are. If this was Indy or Denver OK but that seems like a great haul. I can only imagine that is IF Revis signs a new deal. Which I just doubt he does. If this is truly the money wanting Revis we have seen in the past he is going to want to go FA next year. I highly doubt he excepts that 12-13 mil deal being posted when he could get 13-14 mil in FA. If he doesn't sign what is the real deal? That is why we want the picks this year IMO. I wouldn't take any deal based on him resigning with the team. Like any good hooker you get your money up front and then take it. Oh never mind.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    True champions, Revis and Edwards. One never lived up to his potential, ripped the JETS on a popular social network only to be signed by them a second time and the other is a royal pain in the ass with strong indications that he could care less about his team.

Yes, what championships are built on.
    That's just naive.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL... Sorry, I Didn't read all of these posts, but how do these GM discussions go?

Idzik: You suck, can I have your first and 2nd pick next year? All you have to do is pay him 12 or 13 million per year.....

Dominik: Ok

Really ????? Trust me people, Its not happening.
    Last edited by totallygreen; 03-22-2013 at 01:14 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    You guys can believe Peter King all you want

Since when has he been right on the Revis front?
    Right. Fatso has an agenda here. I don't believe him for a second.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post

2013 -- 3rd Rounder
    2014 -- 1st Rounder
    2014 -- 2nd Rounder

Anything less would be a bad trade for the Jets. They need these 3 extra picks to help rebuild their roster and they can't walk away with no help from the 2013 draft in making the trade.

Also, this rumor is likely coming from the Bucs side. If its reported that they're willing to give up a 1st and a 2nd in 2014 it means that they're willing to give up more.
    All of the above, except make this years a 2nd rounder, throw in Blount, then send him with a bow on top.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post

2013 -- 3rd Rounder
    2014 -- 1st Rounder
    2014 -- 2nd Rounder

why would they? they would be negoiating against themselves.. There is no other serious team, they dont have to raise there offer.. Im surprised they want revis at all, seems they arent a team ready to compete for a championship..when draft day comes they can use the 13th pick and probably grab a pretty good corner. wont be as good as Revis but a LOT cheaper and wont cost extra draft picks.. Too bad more teams arent in it now.. Denver and SF can win a superbowl next year with revis..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who gives a sh*t?

What would you rather have...a good starter at OLB, OG, and TE...or Darrelle Revis?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    why would they? they would be negoiating against themselves.. There is no other serious team, they dont have to raise there offer.. Im surprised they want revis at all, seems they arent a team ready to compete for a championship..when draft day comes they can use the 13th pick and probably grab a pretty good corner. wont be as good as Revis but a LOT cheaper and wont cost extra draft picks.. Too bad more teams arent in it now.. Denver and SF can win a superbowl next year with revis..
    I actually think with a healthy Revis the Bucs become a contender if Freeman can regain his form from a couple of years ago. Their big weakness was the secondary and they would have added Goldson and Revis

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unless the Bucs are offering two 1st rounders, I wouldn't budge.

Keyshawn went for that amount. Now, there isn't anybody here that's actually going to tell me that Keyshawn was worth it and Darrelle Revis isn't??????

BTW, when the report about the Jets shopping Revis came out, it said the PATSIES were interested in getting him. Where they are a divisional rival, and if they really want him, their price is THREE 1st round draft choices, no less.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    mainejet, Keyshawn wasn't coming off an ACL and going to cost the Bucs 12-15 million.