Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Peter King - Jets can get 2014 1st/2nd rounders from Bucs

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    A 2014 1st and 2nd is the equivelent of a 2nd and 3rd in 2013 like McClane mentioned. That's not a big haul. An extra 3rd sweetens it. But like I said, that isn't a huge haul. That's baseline, hence, the "at least" phrase.

But the main point is that the Jets need at least 3 picks from this trade and 2 drafts.
    that's complete junk.. Not in the jets situation.. maybe half the league who is hoping to compete that scale may be true.. if that was case I would trade our 2nd and 3rd this year for a comparable bad team's 1st and 2nd next yr

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    that's complete junk.. Not in the jets situation.. maybe half the league who is hoping to compete that scale may be true.. if that was case I would trade our 2nd and 3rd this year for a comparable bad team's 1st and 2nd next yr
    You think the bucs are going to acquire revis and the #13 pick and finish 13th again next year?

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    You think the bucs are going to acquire revis and the #13 pick and finish 13th again next year?
    its possible.. but that's not the point.. Its not this particular team or situation that is applied to that stupid scale correct? Its the "general rule" of that scale I don't agree with.. Because it only applies for teams ready to compete.. But it appears the strength of this draft is the 2nd round, not 1st.. I could see izdik trying to trade down if we did get another early 1st..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    It may be complete junk, but that is conventional thinking by NFL teams when it comes to draft compensation. Multiple GM and FO people have said so.

I think the formula of increasing the round by one for a 2014 pick is pretty questionable - probably on a par with the old draft pick value calculator.

We know Revis is a great player, undoubtedly one of the best of his generation - but we also know that the Jets lack real leverage because its essentially the Bucs or bust.

The QB situation is a mess, hopefully that will be somewhat clearer by 2014 when the Jets will be in a situation to draft or possibly trade for a QB.

The roster has undergone quite alot of turnover - its mainly good turnover - guys brought in for one last push - guys that were really kept around at least 1 season too many (the drop off in the LBers was pretty amazing).

Idzik should make a deal for 2014 picks - don't worry about what the pundits have to say about 'value' - time to move on from Revis and the headaches he presents and start rebuilding a new roster than can take us to the post-season.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Is T.B. ,Sending Posters To Try & Persuade Idzik now?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    The fact that Idzik so obviously wants a #1 this year is very interesting. He clearly has a very specific objective in mind for going into this year's draft, and I'd say his plans don't include tanking the season.
    Blasphemy! We need to replace like 75 players. It's going to take at least 3 years of humiliation until it's safe to hold our heads up, and if he even thinks about winning a game he doesn't have a clue what he's doing.

He probably wants that first to trade for a teams next 2 years 1st round picks, because they should be worth a 2nd and a 3rd right? I still think that's just silly. It only works that way when someone really wants a player available during the draft, and then it may be a late 1st equivalent to a mid 2nd. No one would trade next years 1st for this years 2nd right now. That's just dumb. Otherwise as I said before I would trade my entire draft 2nd-7th every year. Then after one year you'd have 2 1st round picks every year. See how dumb that sounds?

Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    If this report is true this is what I see:

- Idzik knows how to play poker

- TB is desperate to get Revis

- TB or Revis agents are leaking info in the hopes that Idzik reacts
    before he gets everything he wants

Idzik knows he has TB on the hook because they could easily move onto
    another CB on the open market and not give up assets. Personally I want
    a #1, #2 and a #3 for Revis over the next two drafts. It seems Idzik wants
    the same thing but he wants a #1 this year
    He has to have something to fall back on if they walk away and it's he of two things

1) there's another team that they're keeping quiet

2) there is a possibility the Jets can still re-sign him

Because without be of those two the Bucs could simply wait out the Jets.

I don't like it.tampa bay might be contending next year.which means that the jets would draft in the back of the pack..I would settle for their first in 2013 and their first in 2014

Quote Originally Posted by jets rooter View Post
    I don't like it.tampa bay might be contending next year.which means that the jets would draft in the back of the pack..I would settle for their first in 2013 and their first in 2014
    ding ding we have a winner.

lets just say tampa bay wins the super bowl in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    ding ding we have a winner.

lets just say tampa bay wins the super bowl in 2013.
    There's risk in anything

What if Tampa moves on and decides to sign a CB?

Then what? We get nothing and we'll be looking at 2014's draft - Revisless, and a 4th Round comp pick

It's all a matter of risk - I roll the dice on Tampa not winning the Superbowl

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    There's risk in anything

What if Tampa moves on and decides to sign a CB?

Then what? We get nothing and we'll be looking at 2014's draft - Revisless, and a 4th Round comp pick

It's all a matter of risk - I roll the dice on Tampa not winning the Superbowl
    then we re-sign the best cb in the nfl and he retires a ny jet and goes into the hall of fame as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    then we re-sign the best cb in the nfl and he retires a ny jet and goes into the hall of fame as such.
    I would be all for it at 12mm a year or less - if the Bucs have already made it clear they will pay him 15 he's not going to re-sign

Ding ding dong.. Can we stop already with "what we will settle for" bs? If you were the gm of the jets and told them "that's what you will settle for" we wouldn't get more than a Nickle's worth for revis.. Ok "maybe" the last pick in the 3rd round of 2015.. Because they or every other team would laugh and tell the jets " we will just keep our picks and sign him in 11 months" Lets just support izdik and quit playing fantasy gm. Want the most out of revis, but it's beyond obvious we are not getting the bucks 1st this yr and next.

Josh Freeman is suddenly going to get better because Revis was traded to the team and they suddenly win games. Yeah. Right. Sure. Tampa with or without Revis is not making the playoffs next year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    Josh Freeman is suddenly going to get better because Revis was traded to the team and they suddenly win games. Yeah. Right. Sure. Tampa with or without Revis is not making the playoffs next year.
    Why? We did it twice with Suckchez and Revis.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    This

New Orleans is getting Sean Payton back, the Panthers should be improved, and Atlanta is still one of the top teams in the NFC.

It's not farfetched at all to think that Tampa could finish dead last in their division.

Since when the hell does a CB put a team over the top?

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    This

New Orleans is getting Sean Payton back, the Panthers should be improved, and Atlanta is still one of the top teams in the NFC.

It's not farfetched at all to think that Tampa could finish dead last in their division.

Since when the hell does a CB put a team over the top?
    Since he's a future hall of famer and because we know how much that matters around here.

How'd Tampa do last season? Right. Freeman, another soon to be out of league over weight cough syrup sipper.

2012 - 7-9
    2011 - 4-12 (10 game losing streak)
    2010 - 10-6
    2009 - 3-13

You feel comfortable going into another season with Freeman as the QB? I can't see a reasonable Buc fan excited about Revis, imo, tying up 15 Million a year in Revis is nuts.

Why is this not done by now????

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Why is this not done by now????
    Because we are still weeks from the draft. And 'I need it now' Tannenbaum has left the building ! Thank God.