Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Peter King - Jets can get 2014 1st/2nd rounders from Bucs

Jets need a 1st THIS YEAR. FU Tampa.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    Since he's a future hall of famer and because we know how much that matters around here.

How'd Tampa do last season? Right. Freeman, another soon to be out of league over weight cough syrup sipper.

2012 - 7-9
    2011 - 4-12 (10 game losing streak)
    2010 - 10-6
    2009 - 3-13

You feel comfortable going into another season with Freeman as the QB? I can't see a reasonable Buc fan excited about Revis, imo, tying up 15 Million a year in Revis is nuts.
    I hope they want a Top Ten defense; they love D down there. Swarm and Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Jets need a 1st THIS YEAR. FU Tampa.
    Huh? Why? The goal of the NFL isn't to win games, it's to get a franchise quarterback. That's how important getting a franchise qb is. What franchise qb's are available this year?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Huh? Why? The goal of the NFL isn't to win games, it's to get a franchise quarterback. That's how important getting a franchise qb is. What franchise qb's are available this year?
    We will not know for a few years. We thought Suckchez was one once upon a time. How about we let guys like EJ Manuel develop before we claim that there were no franchise QBs in this draft. Geno, Glennon, and EJ could develop into franchise type QBs. Bray too!

Picks in 2014 would be much better than picks in 2013, however I think that when this all goes down it will be one and one. A one in 2013 and a 2 or a 3 in 2014. I say the one this year because it seems like Idzik is headstrung, and I have no idea why, on getting the 1st in this years draft.

This draft is weak IMO. A lot of raw talent and most of the best players either had disappointing final seasons or were hurt. Next year's draft is going to be DEEP with RB's, Receivers, and some possible QB's ... there aren't any game changing offensive players this year that are sure things. Let the offense suck again ... stack up the defense this year in the draft and beef up the OL. Go into this season being that team trying to dominate like that cause we're not going to be a dynamic offense in 1 season. We're going to have to slowly build that. I'd build towards that next year stacking 2 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounds and who knows what else we can get. Next year we can completely rebuild and possibly contend with a solid young squad like the Redskins, Seahawks, & 49ers have done out of the blue. We can go that route ...

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    That's a good question but what's the guarantee that there will be one next year? What if Manzaniel regresses or if Teddy gets hurt? I remember the talk last year was all about Barkley and Geno and how they were the next franchise QBs.

Things can change.

I say if they add a third this year to those first 2 picks next year I'd take it.
    Last edited by JoePNYJ1; 03-23-2013 at 06:51 AM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I hope they want a Top Ten defense; they love D down there. Swarm and Storm.
    Their O put up enough points last year - 389 - but their D shipped 394. So I can see why they'd want to strengthen their D.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Picks in 2014 would be much better than picks in 2013, however I think that when this all goes down it will be one and one. A one in 2013 and a 2 or a 3 in 2014. I say the one this year because it seems like Idzik is headstrung, and I have no idea why, on getting the 1st in this years draft.
    the bucs have the 13th pick this year in the draft. how can you say picks will be better next year when the season hasnt even been played. there might be a better pool of players next year but the bucs can also have the 29th pick.

Tampa has the 13th pick in the draft. Are they going to get a Revis-type probowler with the 13th pick? Odds are highly against it. Revis is a proven commodity, the 13th pick (or even the 1st pick for that matter) is a crapshoot as to whether that player lives up to expectations.

If I could give up my 1st rounder every single year to get a Revis type impact player I would do it and win the Superbowl every single year. If Tampa is holding out to keep their 1st rounder they're being stupid. Revis is a known commodity... You always go with the KNOWN over the UNKNOWN.

Bucs shopping Eric Wright.

making room for Revis. trying to acquire as many picks as possible to help afford a deal with the Jets.

this trade is a done deal - it's a matter of when Idzik pulls the trigger

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Tampa has the 13th pick in the draft. Are they going to get a Revis-type probowler with the 13th pick? Odds are highly against it. Revis is a proven commodity, the 13th pick (or even the 1st pick for that matter) is a crapshoot as to whether that player lives up to expectations.

If I could give up my 1st rounder every single year to get a Revis type impact player I would do it and win the Superbowl every single year. If Tampa is holding out to keep their 1st rounder they're being stupid. Revis is a known commodity... You always go with the KNOWN over the UNKNOWN.
    This is a flawed statement

If this were the case every team would do it. The problem isn't the player, the problem is a move for a player like this and the price tag, team's can't put price tags worth the cost of Revis every year, not anymore, not in the current cap era and CBA.

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post

agree cause we will probably blow the draft pick and pick another vernon gholston.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Their O put up enough points last year - 389 - but their D shipped 394. So I can see why they'd want to strengthen their D.
    Thanks; I hope they think a dominant defense will save Freeman's/their own bacon, the way it did for Mark Sanchez.

I hope that's all they are thinking about. Save the Season, Tampa - give us our picks. ALL of em

Veteran
    This ---->>
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Bucs shopping Eric Wright.

making room for Revis. trying to acquire as many picks as possible to help afford a deal with the Jets.

this trade is a done deal - it's a matter of when Idzik pulls the trigger

30 more days of this thread.....

RG3 way ahead of schedule and doing very well in recovery.. News could help Revis.. funny how dr Andrews says "while he wants his recovery to stay private, I can tell you RG3 recovery is unbelievable, he is superhuman" lol.. Andrews is hec of a doc..

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/90...y-unbelievable

Agree completely!

Quote Originally Posted by nuu faaola View Post
    I'd do this.

But I'd first ask for a second this year, a first next year and a conditional second next year if Revis hits certain performance goals that prove he's healthy (starts 14 games, makes Pro Bowl, whatever.)
    Your idea is spot on a good idea! They should definitely trade him. Although he is the best CB, he is a drama queen pita. Worst case get a 1st and 2nd next year. However, i agree with you that the Jets should inquire about a
    2nd this year, a 1st next year and a conditional 2nd next year based on incentives.

This would be smart. The Jets stink and will not be competitive next year.
    Rex is a lame duck, period. Even Stevie Wonder can see this!
    They should plan and rebuild for the year after with multiple picks as well as acquiring compensatory picks for many players lost this year.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    plus if the bucs interest is genuine, it's in the bucs interest to do it now, before another team expresses interest. you're right, idzik is in no rush to do a deal for 2014 picks since, he may as well hold out a few more weeks and see if he can get picks this year.
    What happens if the Jets wait and hold on to Revis and no team makes an offer? Then isn't he an UFA next year and the Jets get nada?

The Jets may find a way to screw this up!

Trade Revis ASAP to the Bucs and get a 1st & 2nd next yr. The Jets then can trade those pics for a 1st this yr. They will have two 1st rd pics this yr to get a playmaker WR and a QB.