Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How is this possible...

Undrafted Free Agent

How is this possible...

1. Mark Sanchez is still on the team 2. How haven't we restructured his contract. 3. How is he on the team and not taking a pay cut

You have "elite" qb's making less money then the worst qb in the league. And elite qb's willing to take pay cuts. Kudos to his agent.

But really. This makes me want to see him get hit by a bus. He should be the first one to step up and restructure

Doesn't this bother you?

Veteran
    1, Yes
    2, Why should he, he has nothign to gain but all to lose
    3, In hopes of
    a, a possible trade down the line.
    b, a rebound due to proper coaches and players around him.

I think Sanchez is done, but the Jets are not going to just cut and eat the cash without an effort. They get nothing by cutting him, it is that cut and dry.

Quote Originally Posted by CR8ZMIKE View Post
    1. Mark Sanchez is still on the team 2. How haven't we restructured his contract. 3. How is he on the team and not taking a pay cut

You have "elite" qb's making less money then the worst qb in the league. And elite qb's willing to take pay cuts. Kudos to his agent.

But really. This makes me want to see him get hit by a bus. He should be the first one to step up and restructure

Doesn't this bother you?
    Whatever!!

All League
    why should he take a paycut?

Undrafted Free Agent
    I guess I believe in morals more than most

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by loluchka80 View Post
    why should he take a paycut?
    He couldn't if he wanted to you can't cut guaranteed money..

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Lol you just said you hoped he'd get hit by a bus

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Lol you just said you hoped he'd get hit by a bus

I never said which kind of morals (:

Doesn't this bother you?
    All easily answerable.

1. Massive cap hit to get rid of him.
    2. There is nothing to restructure, you restructure to most often add term or defer money. Neither are good options for us.
    3. He has ZERO reason to take a pay cut, especially when he is smart enough to know he has one foot out the door.

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Sanchez should've been signed to basic contracts that are incentive laden based on performance, percentage of plays, team success, so on and so forth. In fact, if all athletes had such contracts, everything in sports and how each team is run would make a lot of sense. It may make players better as well (it may eliminate the case of players playing their best ball in a contract year and worst ball after they sign a deal, showing just how much of the game is mental and motivational). But, then lawyers/agents would be out of business and everyone would be fighting more for playing time. Its a fine line, but some sort of a formula where incentives are earned based on team performance during plays spent on the field.

Jets Insider VIP

Doesn't this bother you?
    No!!!

And for you to wish for a player to get injured or killed because you dont like his current play is DISGUSTING!!!

Good Grief!!!!

All League
    so if sanchez had morals like you, how much of a paycut would he take?

Jets Insider VIP
    Which QB's took a paycut?

[QUOTE=CR8ZMIKE;4842633]
    This makes me want to see him get hit by a bus.
    QUOTE]

W T F is wrong with you?

All League
    So what happens if Sanchez does get hit by a bus?

Would we still have to pay out his contract to his estate?

I suppose all his bonus money would still count against the cap.

And what if Sanchez chose to retire tomorrow?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    No!!!

And for you to wish for a player to get injured or killed because you dont like his current play is DISGUSTING!!!

Good Grief!!!!
    agreed! +1

Doesn't this bother you?
    Sanchez couldn't hit the side of a bus if he tried. I did hear he hits on high school girls though

All Pro

Doesn't this bother you?
    You stated that you want Sanchez off the team, then you state that you want his contract restructured which guarantees money in future years meaning the Jets will have to keep him past this year. Contradiction much?

Eat his salary this year, get rid of him next year...it's really that simple

Bewildered Beast
    Joe W. Namath is crazy in a good way; your style, however, makes me worry about your neighbors' safety.

Make sense?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Wait a second let me get this straight. You believe in morals more than most and you just said you want our QB to get hit by a bus? I believe in dumbasses more than most and you fit the bill.