Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How is this possible...

how pointless is it is to speculate on anything Jets at this point... until the draft

Quote Originally Posted by CR8ZMIKE View Post
    1. Mark Sanchez is still on the team 2. How haven't we restructured his contract. 3. How is he on the team and not taking a pay cut

You have "elite" qb's making less money then the worst qb in the league. And elite qb's willing to take pay cuts. Kudos to his agent.

But really. This makes me want to see him get hit by a bus. He should be the first one to step up and restructure

Doesn't this bother you?
    How is it possible?

TANNENBAUM MISDEEDS

Enough said...

Oh, and I almost forgot..

Sanchez is a greedy little, incompetent pr*ck. He knows his days are numbered. He knows he will be cut immediately following the conclusion of the 2013 season. Therefore, he's going to hold on with all of his might to his guaranteed 8.25 million.

It's obvious Idzik must have approached him about taking a paycut, He just said NO, and he'll get away with it, but for only one more season.

if I was sanchez I would under no circumstances agree to take a dollar less from the jets-if I was the jets I would tell him to get out and take the cap hit

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Oh, and I almost forgot..

Sanchez is a greedy little, incompetent pr*ck. He knows his days are numbered. He knows he will be cut immediately following the conclusion of the 2013 season. Therefore, he's going to hold on with all of his might to his guaranteed 8.25 million.

It's obvious Idzik must have approached him about taking a paycut, He just said NO, and he'll get away with it, but for only one more season.
    So I guess you along with the op don't get it.

Other QB's in the league restructure because they have long term deals with their teams and the team has committed to them longterm and have years on the contract to move the money around.

Sanchez does not have this option unless the team commits to him long term, and it's obvious, right now, they don't want to commit to him beyond this year. Since this is the case, and the Jets want to have the flexibility to trade or release him next year, it can be done without dead money to be added to the team's cap in future years, the team can simply release him and be done with him after next year.

How is it that far too many fans just don't get this?

Hall Of Fame
    Trust me, Idzik is not touching the Sanchez contract. He will let it pass like the gall stone that it is.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Trust me, Idzik is not touching the Sanchez contract. He will let it pass like the gall stone that it is.
    Played old man doubles tonight; everyone asking me why the Jets hav more than 3 QB's What's your speculation? I bet they could try something on Mark; I could see if it''s close in camp that they might get him to redo that thing.

Of course, I live in California; crazy ideas happen to me all the time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Other QB's in the league restructure because they have long term deals with their teams and the team has committed to them longterm and have years on the contract to move the money around.

Sanchez does not have this option unless the team commits to him long term, and it's obvious, right now, they don't want to commit to him beyond this year. Since this is the case, and the Jets want to have the flexibility to trade or release him next year, it can be done without dead money to be added to the team's cap in future years, the team can simply release him and be done with him after next year.

Thank you...

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

I get this perfectly Ray. In fact, I'm not sure you do.

I'm talking about Sanchez's 2013 salary and nothing more. The statements you make about commitments by the team is all crazy. When you have a QB, that at this point has so badly underperformed, you'll NEVER be talking about future years in a long term deal.

The fact is, the team is trying to cut their losses with Sanchez. They owe him a guaranteed 8.25 million by the misdeed of Mike Tannenbaum.

Now, of course they aren't about to restructure his contract. What kind of sense would that make? The fact is, the team DOES NOT want him back. They likely would have cut him by now if they had the opportunity. So why in the world would they restructure his deal and add more cap obligation in future years? They clearly want out after this season and they do not want ANY dead money on their cap after he is released.

I'm talking about him just TAKING A PAYCUT. Not even you would debate that Mark Sanchez, based on his play in the last 4 seasons, isn't even worth 1/4 of that 8.25 million. In fact, I'd be willing to bet if he ever gets picked up by another team after this season? It'll be for the vet minimum and NOTHING more.

If Mark Sanchez is the team guy that everyone makes him out to be, then he would gladly take that paycut and allow the FO to get more FA's in order to build a more competitive team. WHY won't he do that?

Which brings me right back to what I posted initially, which is Mark Sanchez knows his days are numbered in NY. He knows he will NEVER see that kind of money ever again. No team will ever be that stupid.

Therefore, he's choosing to be a cheap little A$$hole that's willing to hamstring the team.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I get this perfectly Ray. In fact, I'm not sure you do.

I'm talking about Sanchez's 2013 salary and nothing more. The statements you make about commitments by the team is all crazy. When you have a QB, that at this point has so badly underperformed, you'll NEVER be talking about future years in a long term deal.

The fact is, the team is trying to cut their losses with Sanchez. They owe him a guaranteed 8.25 million by the misdeed of Mike Tannenbaum.

Now, of course they aren't about to restructure his contract. What kind of sense would that make? The fact is, the team DOES NOT want him back. They likely would have cut him by now if they had the opportunity. So why in the world would they restructure his deal and add more cap obligation in future years? They clearly want out after this season and they do not want ANY dead money on their cap after he is released.

I'm talking about him just TAKING A PAYCUT. Not even you would debate that Mark Sanchez, based on his play in the last 4 seasons, isn't even worth 1/4 of that 8.25 million. In fact, I'd be willing to bet if he ever gets picked up by another team after this season? It'll be for the vet minimum and NOTHING more.

If Mark Sanchez is the team guy that everyone makes him out to be, then he would gladly take that paycut and allow the FO to get more FA's in order to build a more competitive team. WHY won't he do that?

Which brings me right back to what I posted initially, which is Mark Sanchez knows his days are numbered in NY. He knows he will NEVER see that kind of money ever again. No team will ever be that stupid.

Therefore, he's choosing to be a cheap little A$$hole that's willing to hamstring the team.
    He's not going to take a pay cut knowing that he is probably getting cut next year.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    He's not going to take a pay cut knowing that he is probably getting cut next year.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    EXACTLY my point. But if he were a man and actually had confidence in his abilities, he would take a paycut. The fact is, Sanchez SUCKS and he is VERY much aware of it.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    no it does not bother me because i see the writing is on the wall for sanchez and he is more than likely done next year.....and please stop with the you want to see him hit by a bus....this is a friggin game....get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by CR8ZMIKE View Post
    1. Mark Sanchez is still on the team 2. How haven't we restructured his contract. 3. How is he on the team and not taking a pay cut

You have "elite" qb's making less money then the worst qb in the league. And elite qb's willing to take pay cuts. Kudos to his agent.

But really. This makes me want to see him get hit by a bus. He should be the first one to step up and restructure

Doesn't this bother you?

All League
    he's not allowed to take a paycut.

Hall Of Fame
    Sanchez is already facing a paycut. His days as a celebrity, indulging his appetites on the Victrorias Secret runway are coming to an end and at best he is probably looking at the prospect of Haynes underwear models at this point.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Sanchez is already facing a paycut. His days as a celebrity, indulging his appetites on the Victrorias Secret runway are coming to an end and at best he is probably looking at the prospect of Haynes underwear models at this point.
    Hey MJ ain't no slouch. He could do worse.