Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Canada's 3rd Mock

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,889

    Canada's 3rd Mock

    With no news on the Revis front, I did some research on other teams. St. Louis is an intriguing trade partner for a trade down. They have both 16 and 22 this year. They might want to move up for one of the pass rushers or WR. If you look at the trade chart, we could easily get a 3rd and 4th out of them for letting them move up from 16. They would still have two 1's, 2nd, and lower round picks.

    So....with such a trade in mind:

    1 (16): Damontre Moore OLB 3/4 or Alec Ogletree OLB 4/3
    2 (39): Larry Warford OG
    3 (72): Tyler Bray QB
    3 (78): Robert Lester SS
    4 (106): Vance McDonald TE
    4 (113): DJ Swearinger FS
    5 (141): Kwame Geathers DT 3/4
    6 (178): Dallas Thomas OG
    7 (215): Rodney Smith WR

    If the Jets were to trade Revis for a 1st and 2nd next year (as speculated AND hopeful), you could probably drop Tyler Bray, and look at a CB in the third round.
    Flame away.

  2. #2
    St. Louis could want to trade up, but it'd likely be for Warmack/Cooper or Vaccaro. They're set at pass rusher / defensive line.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,889
    That's my thoughts....St. Louis might be an ideal partner where they can utilize their two picks and get to core players for years to come, and we can use the extra picks to rebuild the depth of this team.

  4. #4
    Why do you have Dallas Thomas so late

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    With no news on the Revis front, I did some research on other teams. St. Louis is an intriguing trade partner for a trade down. They have both 16 and 22 this year. They might want to move up for one of the pass rushers or WR. If you look at the trade chart, we could easily get a 3rd and 4th out of them for letting them move up from 16. They would still have two 1's, 2nd, and lower round picks.

    So....with such a trade in mind:

    1 (16): Damontre Moore OLB 3/4 or Alec Ogletree OLB 4/3
    2 (39): Larry Warford OG
    3 (72): Tyler Bray QB
    3 (78): Robert Lester SS
    4 (106): Vance McDonald TE
    4 (113): DJ Swearinger FS
    5 (141): Kwame Geathers DT 3/4
    6 (178): Dallas Thomas OG
    7 (215): Rodney Smith WR

    If the Jets were to trade Revis for a 1st and 2nd next year (as speculated AND hopeful), you could probably drop Tyler Bray, and look at a CB in the third round.
    Flame away.
    The trade makes sense and I like the pick of moore, after that though, I dont think you are looking at how deep this draft really is at the positions we need.

    First off, brian winters is being projected into the 4th so he could easily be our 3rd selection and provides greater value then warford in the 2nd.

    Bray doesnt fit our offense and leadership and ability to throw in the face of pressure are more important then arm strength and he has neither.

    At this point, Lester is a 6th - UDFA. He is too slow, and this is an outstanding safety class. Someone like phillip thomas makes a lot more sense.

    If we did that deal, I would prefer:

    Moore
    Nassib
    Winters
    Phillip Thomas
    Macdonald

    As the top 4

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    The trade makes sense and I like the pick of moore, after that though, I dont think you are looking at how deep this draft really is at the positions we need.

    First off, brian winters is being projected into the 4th so he could easily be our 3rd selection and provides greater value then warford in the 2nd.

    Bray doesnt fit our offense and leadership and ability to throw in the face of pressure are more important then arm strength and he has neither.

    At this point, Lester is a 6th - UDFA. He is too slow, and this is an outstanding safety class. Someone like phillip thomas makes a lot more sense.

    If we did that deal, I would prefer:

    Moore
    Nassib
    Winters
    Phillip Thomas
    Macdonald

    As the top 4
    I don't like Nassib at all....Quite frankly, I don't think the Jets should draft a QB this year. If Rex is TRULY on a short leash, and they draft someone this year, its a wasted pick, because whoever comes in is going to want their own QB.
    The Guard situation is deep, but I think Warford is a good pick. That is why I went with Dallas Thomas in the 6th as well. Although, after further review, he will probably be gone by then.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    With no news on the Revis front, I did some research on other teams. St. Louis is an intriguing trade partner for a trade down. They have both 16 and 22 this year. They might want to move up for one of the pass rushers or WR. If you look at the trade chart, we could easily get a 3rd and 4th out of them for letting them move up from 16. They would still have two 1's, 2nd, and lower round picks.
    I think I am going to alter this mock....I don't like picking a QB in this draft, given the uncertainty of Rex' future. If he stays after next year, he will get to pick a qb; if he is not, the next coach will want one. No point in drafting one.

    So....with such a trade in mind:

    1 (16): Damontre Moore OLB 3/4 or Alec Ogletree OLB 4/3
    2 (39): Matt Elam SS
    3 (72): Jordan Reed TE
    3 (78): Darius Slay CB (although, Sam Montgomery could slide because of his comments on gambling and taking plays off....he might be worth a look if he went this far)
    4 (106): Alvin Bailey OG
    4 (113): DJ Swearinger FS
    5 (141): Kwame Geathers DT 3/4
    6 (178): J.C. Tretter OG
    7 (215): Rodney Smith WR

    If the Jets were to trade Revis for a 1st and 2nd next year (as speculated AND hopeful), you could probably drop Tyler Bray, and look at a CB in the third round.
    Flame away.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    With no news on the Revis front, I did some research on other teams. St. Louis is an intriguing trade partner for a trade down. They have both 16 and 22 this year. They might want to move up for one of the pass rushers or WR. If you look at the trade chart, we could easily get a 3rd and 4th out of them for letting them move up from 16. They would still have two 1's, 2nd, and lower round picks.

    So....with such a trade in mind:

    1 (16): Damontre Moore OLB 3/4 or Alec Ogletree OLB 4/3
    2 (39): Larry Warford OG
    3 (72): Tyler Bray QB
    3 (78): Robert Lester SS
    4 (106): Vance McDonald TE
    4 (113): DJ Swearinger FS
    5 (141): Kwame Geathers DT 3/4
    6 (178): Dallas Thomas OG
    7 (215): Rodney Smith WR

    If the Jets were to trade Revis for a 1st and 2nd next year (as speculated AND hopeful), you could probably drop Tyler Bray, and look at a CB in the third round.
    Flame away.
    Love the concept hate the execution. Not a fan of most of these guys but the Media would likely give it an A+. If we trade down I am all for going OLB in the 2nd. Moore is too slow IMO and will not be an impact player as a OLB. Monty maybe if he is there. Warford does nothing for me he is a lump. Justin Pugh, Winters, and Bailey are all better options IMO. G can just wait till the 3rd of 4th it is so deep this year no real rush unless we plan on playing him at RT. I like Brey as a talent but much like Sanchez I feel he has no leadership ability or heart. I just want a guy with heart, I don't care if he isn't better. I like the next 2 picks but most will say your reaching on Lester. I'll pass on anther sup par FS we have 3 but the rest is OK.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    I think I am going to alter this mock....I don't like picking a QB in this draft, given the uncertainty of Rex' future. If he stays after next year, he will get to pick a qb; if he is not, the next coach will want one. No point in drafting one.

    So....with such a trade in mind:

    1 (16): Damontre Moore OLB 3/4 or Alec Ogletree OLB 4/3
    2 (39): Matt Elam SS
    3 (72): Jordan Reed TE
    3 (78): Darius Slay CB (although, Sam Montgomery could slide because of his comments on gambling and taking plays off....he might be worth a look if he went this far)
    4 (106): Alvin Bailey OG
    4 (113): DJ Swearinger FS
    5 (141): Kwame Geathers DT 3/4
    6 (178): J.C. Tretter OG
    7 (215): Rodney Smith WR

    If the Jets were to trade Revis for a 1st and 2nd next year (as speculated AND hopeful), you could probably drop Tyler Bray, and look at a CB in the third round.
    Flame away.
    Damn you. OK I like this one more. Elam is a pick I'd love if we trade down 1st or 2nd would be fine by me. I get the TE in the 3rd dont know much on Slay but love Bailey

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,516
    How about this, no trade scenario just what picks the Jets have currently:

    1. Tavon Austin WR. WVU

    2. Matt Elam S. Florida

    3. Corey Lemonier OLB. Auburn

    4. Andre Ellington RB. Clemson

    5. Michael Williams TE. Alabama

    6. Brandon McGee CB. Miami

    7. Rodney Smith WR. Florida State.
    Last edited by sec.101row23; 03-22-2013 at 09:35 AM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    How about this, no trade scenario just what picks the Jets have currently:

    1. Tavon Austin WR. WVU

    2. Matt Elam S. Florida

    3. Corey Lemonier OLB. Auburn

    4. Andre Ellington RB. Clemson

    5. Michael Williams TE. Alabama

    6. Brandon McGee CB. Miami

    7. Rodney Smith WR. Florida State.
    I like your choices but I would think that McGee is much higher rated than Williams and since every team has 4-5 corners and only 2-3 TE a switch in rounds is probably closer.

    I like Rodney Smith also, Not physical at all though considering his massive size. I don't know how he would do in a quick passing WCO with thetrouble "they" say he has coming off the line.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,137
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    With no news on the Revis front, I did some research on other teams. St. Louis is an intriguing trade partner for a trade down. They have both 16 and 22 this year. They might want to move up for one of the pass rushers or WR. If you look at the trade chart, we could easily get a 3rd and 4th out of them for letting them move up from 16. They would still have two 1's, 2nd, and lower round picks.

    So....with such a trade in mind:

    1 (16): Damontre Moore OLB 3/4 or Alec Ogletree OLB 4/3
    2 (39): Larry Warford OG
    3 (72): Tyler Bray QB
    3 (78): Robert Lester SS
    4 (106): Vance McDonald TE
    4 (113): DJ Swearinger FS
    5 (141): Kwame Geathers DT 3/4
    6 (178): Dallas Thomas OG
    7 (215): Rodney Smith WR

    If the Jets were to trade Revis for a 1st and 2nd next year (as speculated AND hopeful), you could probably drop Tyler Bray, and look at a CB in the third round.
    Flame away.
    As to not be a total debbie downer - i do like Moore and McDonald. Hate the Bray pick and not crazy about Warford.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    How about this, no trade scenario just what picks the Jets have currently:

    1. Tavon Austin WR. WVU

    2. Matt Elam S. Florida

    3. Corey Lemonier OLB. Auburn

    4. Andre Ellington RB. Clemson

    5. Michael Williams TE. Alabama

    6. Brandon McGee CB. Miami

    7. Rodney Smith WR. Florida State.
    No O linemen? I'm as clueless as anyone re draft picks, but I'd like to see us come out with multiple OGs like Canada mocked, regardless of who they are or where they get picked . . .

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Damn you. OK I like this one more. Elam is a pick I'd love if we trade down 1st or 2nd would be fine by me. I get the TE in the 3rd dont know much on Slay but love Bailey
    I'm thinking Elam will be there when we pick in the 2nd round, and if he is, we should take him. At first I was buying into the BS about drafting an OG high, but repeatedly it is mentioned how deep this draft is for the position, so I think it be better to pick a better quality Safety higher and get the O-Line fixed later.

    The ONLY knock I might have on Elam is his lack of height (5'9"). However, his skills seem to make up for it.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    No O linemen? I'm as clueless as anyone re draft picks, but I'd like to see us come out with multiple OGs like Canada mocked, regardless of who they are or where they get picked . . .
    The issue with taking multiple OL is our roster is pretty much what it is going to be on OL. DBrick, Colon, Mangold, Caleb, Howard - Vald/Landholt(one will make the team.) I think we have one more actually make the roster. Any others likely end up cut of on the PS like Griffen last year. Griffen was a good pick we just can't carry that many OL on the AR.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    The issue with taking multiple OL is our roster is pretty much what it is going to be on OL. DBrick, Colon, Mangold, Caleb, Howard - Vald/Landholt(one will make the team.) I think we have one more actually make the roster. Any others likely end up cut of on the PS like Griffen last year. Griffen was a good pick we just can't carry that many OL on the AR.
    Like I said, I don't care where we draft them, but I'm not exactly blown away by the roster you listed. If this draft truly is deep with OL, I don't see how we don't try and get a bargain somewhere along the line . . .

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    How about this, no trade scenario just what picks the Jets have currently:

    1. Tavon Austin WR. WVU

    2. Matt Elam S. Florida

    3. Corey Lemonier OLB. Auburn

    4. Andre Ellington RB. Clemson

    5. Michael Williams TE. Alabama

    6. Brandon McGee CB. Miami

    7. Rodney Smith WR. Florida State.
    Tavon Austin is a major reach at 9. Jarvis Jones is much better. We can target Hopkins in the 2nd or go OL.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,137
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    I think I am going to alter this mock....I don't like picking a QB in this draft, given the uncertainty of Rex' future. If he stays after next year, he will get to pick a qb; if he is not, the next coach will want one. No point in drafting one.

    So....with such a trade in mind:

    1 (16): Damontre Moore OLB 3/4 or Alec Ogletree OLB 4/3
    2 (39): Matt Elam SS
    3 (72): Jordan Reed TE
    3 (78): Darius Slay CB (although, Sam Montgomery could slide because of his comments on gambling and taking plays off....he might be worth a look if he went this far)
    4 (106): Alvin Bailey OG
    4 (113): DJ Swearinger FS
    5 (141): Kwame Geathers DT 3/4
    6 (178): J.C. Tretter OG
    7 (215): Rodney Smith WR

    If the Jets were to trade Revis for a 1st and 2nd next year (as speculated AND hopeful), you could probably drop Tyler Bray, and look at a CB in the third round.
    Flame away.
    Woah, maybe i spoke to soon. if this is your revised mock - then hell ya. Hit me with a Moore-Elam-Reed combo anytime!

  19. #19
    If we are looking at safeties in the second, cyprien would be a much better pick then elam. His height is a major issue considering the amount of 6'5 TEs out there in the league (probably 5-7 on this draft alone).

    I would also be very happy with philip thomas in the 3-4th range rather then elam in the 2nd

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,137
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    If we are looking at safeties in the second, cyprien would be a much better pick then elam. His height is a major issue considering the amount of 6'5 TEs out there in the league (probably 5-7 on this draft alone).
    I don't see it as a problem with the way elam plays. Earl thomas is pint sized, but plays like a mastodon.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us