Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jets should Pick a QB next year not this year

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    At 2.09, Buffalo will draft either Nessib or Manuel, if one of them is still there. I wouldn't doubt that the Bills will trade up if there is an unexpected late 1st round run on what should be a bunch of 2d rounders. I want Manuel at 2.07 if he's there. Call me crazy, but Idzik should really push for Tampa's 2014 1st + this year's 2nd. Take the QB at 2.07 and use the Buc's 2nd for another need. Next year with 2 firsts, anything is possible.
    i'll take this scenario a step further. i think the jets will try like heck to trade back from 9, and use the pick they get to trade up in the 2nd to get nassib if he's still there. in the end if buffalo does not get a qb in the first i see them trying to move up in the 2nd as well to get nassib.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    He's a red shirt freshman.

He can leave after next year and he likely will.

1. We have no idea what hes thinking or what his college playing goals are. Many stay an extra year or two to win a National Championship, cement themselves as an all-time college great or to get their degree.

2. His style of play puts him at far greater risk of injury vs. other QBs.

3. Many feel his game does not translate well to the NFL. The best defense he faced all year (the sort of speed you see on NFL teams) LSU totally shut him down. 51% - No tds, 3 picks, 27 yards rushing on 17 attempts.

Taken all of these risk factors into consideration, theres no way Id condone throwing away a season for him or even Bridgewater for that matter.

Neither guy is near the prospect that Luck was at this point of their college careers.

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    I think there are some QB's this yr who can Ball.

Manuel - Would look Sweet in Green & White
    Bray - Would B Awesome pic up 4 jets
    Renfree - 6'4 225 lb SLEEPER!!!
    Landry Jones - Sounds like a Gunslinger in nfl! Would Luv on Jets

Jets better get 1 this yr and him battle it out.

Next yr I like

BOYD
    Bridgewater
    Watch more film before you get so excited. I'd be surprised if one of those QB's become top 10 QB's.

Ditch Rex, hire a new head coach, & draft a new QB. It's a formula that worked for the Baltimore Ravens in 2008. Five winning seasons topped by a Super Bowl victory followed.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    Watch more film before you get so excited. I'd be surprised if one of those QB's become top 10 QB's.
    Don't act all surprised wen I call u out wen 1 of these QB's does really good mofo...kOOL w/DAT???

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    Ditch Rex, hire a new head coach, & draft a new QB. It's a formula that worked for the Baltimore Ravens in 2008. Five winning seasons topped by a Super Bowl victory followed.
    We used the same formula in 2009

Jets Insider VIP
    I dont want the Jets to suck. Im just a bit more realistic than most here. RIGHT NOW as this roster is constituted we are gonna suck. The media thinks so , Vegas thinks so and I think so. And why would we keep wasting picks on QBs? we have many other needs. Id rather build up the lines this year and wait for next year or take a QB late this year. Thats all Im saying. And if you think the jets are going to win more than 6 games next season your just not paying attention.

Don't act all surprised wen I call u out wen 1 of these QB's does really good mofo...kOOL w/DAT???
    Deal. Bray won't ever get a starting gig. He'll be out of the league in 3 years. Nassib is the definition of mediocre. Glennon screms bust. I used to be a huge Manuel fan, and the more I watched him, the less I liked him. Everyone is screaming for the duel threat guy, and people are reaching. He's not Bridgewater Manziel Mariota or even Boyd fast. Reminds me a lot of Jason Campbell.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post

But the idea of tanking a season before it has started in the hope of picking a guy who might, maybe come out in next year's draft is just ridiculous. Maybe he doesn't come out,
    With our luck we would tank the season, land the first overall pick and neither Bridgewater or Manziel declare. The last 2 times we had the first overall Tonay Banks and Jim Druckenmiller were the first QBs drafted; Banks was not even in the first round.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I am in favor of this. Take one high one year and then take one late the next. If after two years you are unsure then you can take one high again. Two years is enough nowadays.
    Ron Wolfs theory, keep picking, even if you have one.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by legler82 View Post
    With our luck we would tank the season, land the first overall pick and neither Bridgewater or Manziel declare. The last 2 times we had the first overall Tonay Banks and Jim Druckenmiller were the first QBs drafted; Banks was not even in the first round.
    Has nothing to do with our luck, its just stupid, especial with QBs who arent seniors or no brainer picks, like Luck.

How many thought Wilson would be as good as he was? How many thought Kaepernick would turn into a franchise QB? Its not only the ones who get overhyped who need to be drafted

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I would have tanked for Barkley but I in no way would tank for Bridgewater. Barkley had 3 years in as a starter last year with Bridgewater he is still just a big question mark. Now if Bridgewater looks great this year and doesn't declare then we will talk. If you told people back in the day to tank for Montana every SF fan would have been like why would we do a dumb ass thing like that.
    I don't see how Bridgewater can be considered a question mark. He was good as a freshman and even better as a sophomore. The lack of questions about his game is one of the reasons why he is considered a consensus top 5, if not, 1 pick next year.

No one will ever admit it even if they do. There are still people out there that will tell you Flacco was a bad pick for Balt who was just grasping at straws. Even after he put up over a 90 QBR in his 1st you all you heard from some was he'll never be any good. Now he has a SB and 20mil a year and they still say he isn't a top 10 QB. Some will never admit when they are wrong. Same with Eli. There are still some out there that will tall you he isn't a good QB it is just the system. Never mind he has won 2 SBs and put up good numbers. I don't care if a we take a guy and he has an 85 QBR his whole career. That is better then what we have right now. If this team is serious about winning they know they aren't doing that with Garrard and Tim Tebow.

Quote Originally Posted by legler82 View Post
    I don't see how Bridgewater can be considered a question mark. He was good as a freshman and even better as a sophomore. The lack of questions about his game is one of the reasons why he is considered a consensus top 5, if not, 1 pick next year.
    Check out the stats of the past Louisville starting QBs and break down film on Bridgewater. Brian Brohm in his 2nd year at Louisville had a 166.7 QBR and fooled a lot of people right until his SR year. Adam Froman and Hunter Cantwell both had high QBRs as well. Yeah not on the same level as Brohm and Bridgewater. That is a very QB friendly O he runs and they don't play a lot of tough Ds. Cinnci and Connecticut both gave him issues the game vs Florida did look outstanding however. If he can repeat that Florida performance again sure he is worth the hype. If not he is just anther system QB in Louisville IMO. He doesn't have a bad team around him and every year the east just gets weaker then it already was. I love Rutgers but they shouldn't have finished 2nd last year after all they lost the year prior. Don't think they played one ranked team all last year. Not sure who is left in the Big East anymore but your talking Mid-American type competition this year. Louisville is the big fish in a small pond right now. Saying buyer beware IMO is the right thing for anyone coming out of there.