Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: addressing the safety position.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    WTF did Pollard get from the Titans? I am so pissed we didn't consider signing him. Guy is a beast.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    allen r bush.. who cares.. lets see what they got in 13, its a trial year before we can start to compete again in 14. if they cant hack it, we use 1 of what our SHOULD be many early draft picks (counting ours and revis trade picks) and no way should we take eric smith back, he is terrible.. He lost as mny gaes in 2011 as sanchez did in 12.
    OK, now this time in English.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    haha my bad, had a few cold ones and using iphone harder to type..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    allen r bush.. who cares.. lets see what they got in 13, its a trial year before we can start to compete again in 14. if they cant hack it, we use 1 of what our SHOULD be many early draft picks (counting ours and revis trade picks) and no way should we take eric smith back, he is terrible.. He lost as mny gaes in 2011 as sanchez did in 12.
    Eric Smith as a starter is terrible, as a depth role player and a ST's player, he's a very solid player, a leader on ST's, that is important.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    But they did sign a FA safety even if to us fans he's considered a "Bust" already .

The Jets have signed former Eagle 2nd round pick Jaiquawn Jarrett to a contract

Jarrett, Jaiquawn S 6-0 196 23 2 Temple

Lockett, Bret S 6-1 220 26 4 UCLA

By my count, that's 2 SS and 2 FS on the roster with the draft still to come.
    The Jarrett pick up intrigues me, there is some talent there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    But they did sign a FA safety even if to us fans he's considered a "Bust" already .

The Jets have signed former Eagle 2nd round pick Jaiquawn Jarrett to a contract

Jarrett, Jaiquawn S 6-0 196 23 2 Temple

Lockett, Bret S 6-1 220 26 4 UCLA

By my count, that's 2 SS and 2 FS on the roster with the draft still to come.
    Well by FA I meant VET players, guys who have played significant min or started in the NFL, not guys who for all intents and purposes have little if any playing time. Guys with similar playing time as the vets I mentioned that the jets have signed. I did not even include Goodson as he has not yet had significant playing time

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sign Huff if still available he should be cheap as he has realised all the big money in FA on safeties has already been spent. Draft Rambo or Shamarko.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    It's worse than Twitter!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    WTF did Pollard get from the Titans? I am so pissed we didn't consider signing him. Guy is a beast.
    1 yr. Not sure what the money was but for one year it couldn't have been much. I am pissed too. Would have been perfect for us.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    1 yr. Not sure what the money was but for one year it couldn't have been much. I am pissed too. Would have been perfect for us.
    I am thinking maybe 2.5. Wilsonn got 2mill and I would think Pollard would get a little more.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm down for trading Revis to Tampa and getting their 1st rounder this year and we take Jarvis Jones and Kenny Vaccaro with those two picks....thoughts?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I think Michael Huff would be a good choice for FS At 30 he still has a couple of years left to act as a bridge till a long term replacement can be determined. Dawan Landry can take over for his brother.
    One of these.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman in indy View Post
    I'm down for trading Revis to Tampa and getting their 1st rounder this year and we take Jarvis Jones and Kenny Vaccaro with those two picks....thoughts?
    Scratch Jarvis Jones, I just read he flopped on his pro day yesterday. How about Dion Jordon and Vaccaro?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also dont forget we have Jarrett now too. Given Philly had an OL coach running the D for 2 years maybe Rex can turn him into a real S.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kenny Vaccaro at 9....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bush vs. Allen at SS. Loser plays third safety.

FS is found in the draft.

Youth movement.

SPEED.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Scratch Jarvis Jones, I just read he flopped on his pro day yesterday. How about Dion Jordon and Vaccaro?
    Would rather Warmack/Vaccaro. Two starters from day 1.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    There is a reason Pollard has been with as many teams as he had in his short career. The guy is an A hole, and would be an epic disaster here in New York. Plus the guy has zero coverage ability, just a big hitter with no range.

“Mutiny” may have been a factor in Pollard release
    Posted by Mike Florio on March 13, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
    A string of surprising moves in Baltimore extended on Wednesday to a player who supposedly was safe.

Safety Bernard Pollard is out, and everyone is wondering why.

As one league source said in response to the news, “Three teams in how many years. Soon four. What does that tell you?”

Another source says that Pollard has a reputation for being outspoken, for complaining, and for drawing too much attention to himself. He wears on a team, with his talent keeping him around for a second year or third year.

More specifically, we’re now getting the clear impression that last year’s incident that, as reported by Mike Silver of Yahoo! Sports, was “practically a mutiny,” has contributed to the departure of Pollard — and could result in more players being purged.

And he’s where it gets really interesting. (Or at least less uninteresting.) Silver specifically mentioned Pollard and Ed Reed as instigators of the mutiny.

Coincidentally, we’re now getting indications that the Ravens don’t want Reed back.

So while coach John Harbaugh handled a difficult situation very well at the time (as evidenced by the team’s Super Bowl trophy), it looks like Harbaugh may have decided that, at the appropriate time, he’ll make sure it doesn’t happen again.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm happy he flopped at hi pro day...now we can feel good hell be there at 9....his pro day doesn't scare me at all

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What happened? Is one bad performance really enough to tank someone's chances?