Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38

Thread: Monday Night Miracle

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Good times? That was one game. The Jets that season had a 9-4 record going into the last 3 weeks of the season. Then, they lost their last 3 straight and missed the playoffs altogether. Sorry, but I'll pass on the stroke job for the team.

  2. #22
    1998 was the year. Unfortunately, it wasn`t though. That was the season I finally didn`t give a crap what this franchise did anymore. Being picked for SB tickets, having everything ready to go to Miami aside from packing shorts and t-shirts, Jets winning 10-0 in the 3rd. qtr., all I needed to do was go to the stadium with my SB tickets voucher and pay $650 cash, then be on my way to Miami to represent the Jets fans @ the SB vs Atlanta. The Jets easily would`ve been Champions but NOOOOO !! Instead, they rip my heart out, stomp on it, cut it into little pieces, then shove it up my arse. I no longer bother because I know that opportunity will never come around again. SB tickets through the NFL were only $325 each. Cheapest I was able to find prior to knowing I was picked was $1675 each in the upper corners of the EZ(not a package thing either). It was a once in a lifetime opportunity and the Dumbass Jets blew it as usual. They will continue to blow it too. They will never win a championship in this new stadium. If I had "FU" money, I`d bet on it. They might, and it is a slight chance they might, actually host a home playoff game one time whil in this new Giants Stadium. But that would mean they would have to win the AFC East first. That too, just "might" happen while they reside in this new craphole stadium. I still wouldn`t bet on it though. So, the way I see it, the next 26 years will be no different or better than the last 44 years. Enjoy your little moral victories over the Dolphins and Pats here and there because those will be the Jets "Super Bowls".

  3. #23
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    646
    lol would all of you SOJF's like some cheese with your whine?

  4. #24
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    UM we WON the game.....got into the playoffs and was one game away from the superbowl....nice try trying to spin the jets season to be negative.....nothing in football is a GIFT....your world is shoulda coulda woulda.....MY world is WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED.




    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    2009? Please do play the first half of the Indy game and tell me honestly if, idiot Polian does not make Caldwell pull Peyton, do we win that game and get into the playoffs. The answer is no. So 2009 was a lucky gift that probaby should not have happened.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Both Giants recent SB's, one could make similar qualifications minimizing the validity of the win. The last one, The Giants were the beneficiaries of lots of luck throughout the season including the Jets Eric Smith gifting them with the 99 yard Cruz run. It was the turning point for both teams' seasons. You just don't hear the fans saying those things though.
    Or that fumble/gift filled post season run.

    but I remember that fat man bashing us because of missed kicks. In 09

  6. #26
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,119

  7. #27
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    2009? Please do play the first half of the Indy game and tell me honestly if, idiot Polian does not make Caldwell pull Peyton, do we win that game and get into the playoffs. The answer is no. So 2009 was a lucky gift that probaby should not have happened.
    So you know for a fact that they wouldn't have won that game Francessa?

    So the playoffs didn't happen?

    I didn't enjoy the win in Cincy or SD?

    Thanks for whining like a b1tch about playoff wins that were really enjoyable to real fans.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Thanks for whining like a b1tch about playoff wins that were really enjoyable to real fans.
    see, this is the real problem with so-called "real" Jets fans. They are happy when the refs blunder calls in the Jets favor(ie: Testaverde phantom TD vs Seattle), they are happy when they are handed victories by an opponant and basically back in to the playoffs(Indy and Cincy), they are happy when they just beat the Patriots once every few seasons and they are just happy when they beat the Dolphins once a year. Some other Jets fans just aren`t satisfied with that. They want the Jets to totally dominate(ie: 85 Bears for example). I certainly don`t want the Jets to be handed anything. Thats why SBIII was, and will probably be the only, greatest victory in franchise history. I want the Jets to be more like Pittsburgh. They dominate their division every year. They pretty much make the playoffs every year. They have Lombardis to choke on multiple times(legitimate wins unlike the Pats). Their fans LIVE for that team and travel everywhere. The Jets and their fans? Eh, the Jets suck consistently and the fans go to Miami basically. At any rate, I`ve wanted domination, or at least consistency, for the last 30 years. Niether of which happened. I`m too old now to enjoy it like a young man would. I grew up I guess. Just don`t see the point in a grown man screaming his lungs out for this franchise(or any franchise really). It`s almost embarrasing to see grown men in their late 40`s and 50`s screaming like a bunch of douchebags. LOL All for what? Price increases on everything if the team does good or wins it all?

  9. #29
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    7,600
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    see, this is the real problem with so-called "real" Jets fans. They are happy when the refs blunder calls in the Jets favor(ie: Testaverde phantom TD vs Seattle), they are happy when they are handed victories by an opponant and basically back in to the playoffs(Indy and Cincy), they are happy when they just beat the Patriots once every few seasons and they are just happy when they beat the Dolphins once a year. Some other Jets fans just aren`t satisfied with that. They want the Jets to totally dominate(ie: 85 Bears for example). I certainly don`t want the Jets to be handed anything. Thats why SBIII was, and will probably be the only, greatest victory in franchise history. I want the Jets to be more like Pittsburgh. They dominate their division every year. They pretty much make the playoffs every year. They have Lombardis to choke on multiple times(legitimate wins unlike the Pats). Their fans LIVE for that team and travel everywhere. The Jets and their fans? Eh, the Jets suck consistently and the fans go to Miami basically. At any rate, I`ve wanted domination, or at least consistency, for the last 30 years. Niether of which happened. I`m too old now to enjoy it like a young man would. I grew up I guess. Just don`t see the point in a grown man screaming his lungs out for this franchise(or any franchise really). It`s almost embarrasing to see grown men in their late 40`s and 50`s screaming like a bunch of douchebags. LOL All for what? Price increases on everything if the team does good or wins it all?
    Well I guess you're gonna be one miserable Jets fan! Only two teams make it to the dance and only one of them wins per season. Only a few select teams can claim themselves to be dominant, doesn't mean that you can't be happy about the small victories that the Jets have had over the years. What's the point of being a fan of a team if you can literally find nothing to be happy about concerning your team.

    Do I wish we could have won it all in 98, 09, and 10. Damn right. But those season still bring back good memories of being a Jets fan!

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Well I guess you're gonna be one miserable Jets fan! Only two teams make it to the dance and only one of them wins per season. Only a few select teams can claim themselves to be dominant, doesn't mean that you can't be happy about the small victories that the Jets have had over the years. What's the point of being a fan of a team if you can literally find nothing to be happy about concerning your team.

    Do I wish we could have won it all in 98, 09, and 10. Damn right. But those season still bring back good memories of being a Jets fan!
    it wouldn`t be so bad if the Jets would just be somewhat consistent in winning here and there. I mean look at them. They won the AFC East only 2 times since SBIII. TWO FRIGGIN TIMES ONLY. There are now 3 teams they need to beat in that division and they can`t even do that. I wouldn`t be so disgruntled if they occasionally won the AFC East and at least made it to the SB 2 or 3 times since 1969, even if they would`ve lost every time since then(well not really). I know every team has it`s ups & downs. Thing is with the Jets, there are no ups aside from those little victories(NE, MIA and, well, thats about it for those content on staying this way). And you are right, only ONE team each year is a success. All others failed imo. It`s gotten to be too much with this choking/losing every single year. 44 years is a very long time. It`ll be another 44 probably.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Well I guess you're gonna be one miserable Jets fan!
    oh yeah, too late on that. I ain`t gonna be. I have been.

  12. #32
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,538
    The SOJF Lonely Hearts Club Band knows only one note and it's a sour flat and jejeune one

    Mods of the world unite - band together and DUMP this shyte

    thankoo

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    The SOJF Lonely Hearts Club Band knows only one note and it's a sour flat and jejeune one

    Mods of the world unite - band together and DUMP this shyte

    thankoo
    truth hurts and some can`t take it

    I think all the those optimistic lies should be dumped for a change. It`s pathetic to see people saying, "we`re only a player or 2 away from being competetive". Every team competes. Some just suck at it(Jets are one).

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    UM we WON the game.....got into the playoffs and was one game away from the superbowl....nice try trying to spin the jets season to be negative.....nothing in football is a GIFT....your world is shoulda coulda woulda.....MY world is WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED.
    If you are referring to the 2000, which is when the Monday Night Miracle occurred, we did not make the playoffs.

    Like I said, we had Al Groh as our HC. We started off strong, went something like 4-1 to start the season, then we started losing some very disappointing games.

    We were 9-4 headed into the last 3 games of the season. We then proceeded to lose our last 3 straight, including one against the Lions of all teams and MISSED the playoffs.

    In 1998, that much a much happier year. Things were looking up for us after that season, I was certain we were going to the SB in 1999. Then? Of course came Vinnie's ruptured achilles tendon.

  15. #35
    I watched the entire game. In the 4th quarter I thought all hope was lost and decided to watch one final series. When they scored a TD I kept saying to myself, one more series, one more series. Watched the entire post game show, didn't get to bed until 3:00AM. Got to work and the other Jet fans were morose thinking the Jets had lost. I'll never forget. The other great memory was Super Bowl III. I ws laid low with painful kidney stones but felt no pain watching the second half.

  16. #36
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    see, this is the real problem with so-called "real" Jets fans. They are happy when the refs blunder calls in the Jets favor(ie: Testaverde phantom TD vs Seattle), they are happy when they are handed victories by an opponant and basically back in to the playoffs(Indy and Cincy), they are happy when they just beat the Patriots once every few seasons and they are just happy when they beat the Dolphins once a year. Some other Jets fans just aren`t satisfied with that. They want the Jets to totally dominate(ie: 85 Bears for example). I certainly don`t want the Jets to be handed anything. Thats why SBIII was, and will probably be the only, greatest victory in franchise history. I want the Jets to be more like Pittsburgh. They dominate their division every year. They pretty much make the playoffs every year. They have Lombardis to choke on multiple times(legitimate wins unlike the Pats). Their fans LIVE for that team and travel everywhere. The Jets and their fans? Eh, the Jets suck consistently and the fans go to Miami basically. At any rate, I`ve wanted domination, or at least consistency, for the last 30 years. Niether of which happened. I`m too old now to enjoy it like a young man would. I grew up I guess. Just don`t see the point in a grown man screaming his lungs out for this franchise(or any franchise really). It`s almost embarrasing to see grown men in their late 40`s and 50`s screaming like a bunch of douchebags. LOL All for what? Price increases on everything if the team does good or wins it all?
    So you won't root like a douchbag. You'll run to the internet to tell all that do that they are douchbags though.

    BTW, the Jets beat the Bengals fair and square, they sat players after the half time score of 27-0. Losing a week later in the playoffs, at home, doesn't add to the argument. But hey, lets whine that that 37-0 was handed to us too.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    So you won't root like a douchbag. You'll run to the internet to tell all that do that they are douchbags though.

    BTW, the Jets beat the Bengals fair and square, they sat players after the half time score of 27-0. Losing a week later in the playoffs, at home, doesn't add to the argument. But hey, lets whine that that 37-0 was handed to us too.
    ok, lets whine. The 41-0 victory over the Colts was a gimme too.

    I`ve been on this website for about 10 years now(give or take). Just because I grew up some and view old men screaming like idiots, funny, doesn`t mean I run here to tell them. I think they know they are. Just stop for a second and think about it. It`s just a game and all that screaming, costume wearing, face painting, chest baring in the cold and whatever other dumb things are done are for young men and kids to do. Not 40 and 50 year olds. But what the hey, if thats what they want to do, I will laugh at them. So, we disagree. Thats all.

  18. #38
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    9,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Vinny T was the man. Favorite Jet QB.
    too bad he had a Chadwick-like achilles and a Glen Foley type brain...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us