Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3-13?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Just call it optimism with nothing really factual to back it up.
    or just call it delusional.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    or just call it delusional.
    Yeah, like expecting an aging Brady to win a SB without an elite WR.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    First off, there is Zero chance of the Jets getting worse QB play. There is also a very good chance the O will score more due to the presence of a real-life OC. Finally, Rex can coach D and the team competes for him. So, the team will not be a push over. Impossible to predict wins in the NFL for any team without an elite QB, but I'll fell like 6 wins is about right with a +/-2 based on lucky/bad breaks.

Frankly, I'll be satisfied so long as the Jets are competitive and headed in the right direction. So, far I like the Idzik dynamic. He is clearly in control and making decisions with the long view in mind.
    +1 The I-man will take the jets to the sky man..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    I predict the Jets will have the worst record in the NFL next season.
    nope...second worst

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    Lattimore tore three ligaments in one knee. And has a repaired tear in the other knee. Revis tore his ACL. That's like comparing an aneurysm to an arythmia.

He came back from the tear in the one knee and performed. Then again, Spurrier had him in the training room a lot. Rex has had no interraction at all with Revis. Sign of a really good coach.
    Lattimore is working hard now as well at a reknowed performance and rehab center. THe surgeon's (the best in the business) word is he's fine. And he'll be at thge SC day. Haven't heard a work about Revis. Big secrets usually suggest something is hidden.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The 2013 schedule is, on paper, tougher than the 2012 schedule was on paper and how it turned out in reality. Barring some major injuries to a few teams, I think our 2013 campaign, especially if Sanchez is still behind center, will almost mirror the 6-10 record of 2012. It might be a more impressive 6-10, but I can't see this team winning more than 6 games in 2013. Not unless the majority of the draft class comes out playing like All-Pro's.

2-4 vs. the AFC East
    1-3 vs. the NFC South
    2-2 vs. the AFC North
    1-1 in the "other" games.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    The 2013 schedule is, on paper, tougher than the 2012 schedule was on paper and how it turned out in reality. Barring some major injuries to a few teams, I think our 2013 campaign, especially if Sanchez is still behind center, will almost mirror the 6-10 record of 2012. It might be a more impressive 6-10, but I can't see this team winning more than 6 games in 2013. Not unless the majority of the draft class comes out playing like All-Pro's.

2-4 vs. the AFC East
    1-3 vs. the NFC South
    2-2 vs. the AFC North

Fair way to analyze. Others (Oak, Tenn) may go 2-0.
    However, AFC North could go 1-3. Balt, Pitt, Cin not pushovers.

Where some get 9 wins is strange.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

2-4 vs. the AFC East
    1-3 vs. the NFC South
    2-2 vs. the AFC North
    I agree, I don't see a 9 or 10 win season in the cards, and without even knowing who is going to play QB, predictions are very difficult to make. If we get the same type of QB play as we had last season (from Sanchez or whoever), something like 4-12 is not out of the cards with the schedule being tougher. We will be clear underdogs in 5 of the 8 NFC South/AFC North contests. Even games against the Panthers, Browns, and Bucs are arguably pick 'ems on paper right now. You'd like to think we could handle the Raiders and Titans, but this is a team that lost to a bad Titans team last season when they actually still had something on the line, so I wouldn't rule anything out.

As for division, Bills look to be dreadful, but all that could change if they draft a guy like Geno Smith and he has a rookie season like some of the rookie QBs last year. They become a good team if that happens. It's a longshot, but we can't assume they'll be going to war with T-Jack all year. Dolphins made some very big moves in free agency and will be a good team if Tannehill shows the progression you'd expect from a 1st to 2nd year starter. On paper they have more talent than we do at the moment. Obviously, we are not in the Pats league talent-wise, coaching-wise, or franchise-wise, and I don't really need to waste any more words explaining that.

I'd say your prediction of another 6-10 sounds about right, although a lot can change with the draft and the rest of free agency.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Fair way to analyze. Others (Oak, Tenn) may go 2-0.
    However, AFC North could go 1-3. Balt, Pitt, Cin not pushovers.

Where some get 9 wins is strange.
    Yeah, 2-0 vs TEN/OAK is probably more likely than 2-2 against the North. I don't know. I just think we match-up well with Cincinnati.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, 2-0 vs TEN/OAK is probably more likely than 2-2 against the North. I don't know. I just think we match-up well with Cincinnati.
    Cincy has a pretty solid D. If we're trotting Sanchez out there against them, I don't think we match up well at all, lol

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Yeah, like expecting an aging Brady to win a SB without an elite WR and cheating.
    fixed

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know Titan and Raider fans are counting the Jets as a win when looking at their schedule.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do like your post and agree with you to a degree. Just be prepared to get ripped apart by all the optomistic posters around here.

On paper it doesn't look good. We have many more questions than answers at this point on top of a very disapointing end to last season. I think its realistic for expectations to be on the lower end this coming into the season.
    BUT the fact remains the off season is a work in progress, the no one really knows what the Jets are planning, as evidenced by the couple FA signings coming out of nowhere. A lot of the negitivity in the media, especially concerning Revis, I think has a lot to do with the fact that they don't seem to have an "annomous" source giving them a quote every other day.

The team doesn't look good, and if it turns out to be a 4 win rebuilding year, I'm okay with that because my expectations are low. But no-name players break out every single year, we don't know what the draft will be like, and we don't know what we will get in terms of UDFA's. Or the players who havn't seen the field much. Not the best odds in the house, but I'm sure as hell not going to write off the season at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    There's been a lot of talk about the Jets rebuilding this year and many even saying we're gonna be one of the worst teams in the league. The ESPN power rankings didn't help much either.

Now I'm fine with that if that's how things turn out. Few fun years and then ya gotta bite the bullet and rebuild occasionally. That's the beauty of the NFL.

Problem is, I just don't see it. This may annoy the Sanchez haters and those calling for a 3-13 season so we can draft a QB early, but I don't see why we're not right in the hunt again come December. Not 14-2 or anything, but 9 or 10 wins doesn't seem crazy.

Let's look at last year. Even with an absolutely disgraceful offense, I'm pretty sure we were still in the running come early December. This after what I think may have been the biggest turning point of the season. Not Revis or Holmes getting hurt, or the butt fumble... the Hill drop vs NE. (Don't wanna kill the kid. He's young and hopefully he rebounds. But that seemed like a big fork in the road to me.)

The offense can only get better. There really is no getting worse. I'll assume Sanchez is the starter. Even if his play/ability doesn't increase dramatically, the rest of the O will be improved. Which will raise QB play by default.

1. O line should be improved or at least on par.
    2. Receivers... considering we were fielding a squad of division 3 guys last year, this'll definitely be better. Holmes, Bray, Kerley, and Hill (hopefully improved) is light years ahead of what took the field most of last season.
    3. Coordinator. Any doubt if MM is an upgrade over Sparano? Think not.
    4. Questions remain at TE and RB, but Keller was hurt much of the season and while I liked Greene, he's hardly irreplaceable.
    5. Which leaves QB. As I said before, the QB play will improve just from the fact whoever is at QB will have some actual NFL level players around him. And I for one still haven't given up on Sanchez. This is his last year to prove himself and I know the guy has to toughen up, but I think he can have his best (not saying much) year this season.

Defense:

Well we lost a lot of guys. But was any of it unexpected? Even if we weren't rebuilding, they pretty much all had to go anyway.

1. Revis. If he stays, we have the best CBs in the league. If he leaves, we did pretty damn good w/o him last year. Cro is a beast.
    2. Safety is probably the biggest concern. Actually not sure of the plan here. But we knew Bell was old and Landry was just to expensive given our cap issues.
    3. D line. Wilk is awesome. Coples should only get better. I loved Pouha, but dude was hurt a lot. Losing Devito blows, but he's not a top tier guy. I'm thinking the line will play at least as well if not improve as Wilk and Coples gain experience.
    4. LBs. Harris is the man. Even if many of you don't agree or think he's overpaid, I doubt many will argue he's not at least a solid starter. Davis seems ready to step up. Losing Scott, Thomas and Pace certainly lowers our experience level and each of them played well in green. I just don't think it'll take much to replace their level of play last year. Pick up two more guys in the draft and/or FA and the LB corps led by Harris should be improved and faster.
    5. Coordinator. Rex is back calling plays. In what many believe will be a make or break year for him. I actually feel sorry for opposing QBs. If Rex goes out, he's gonna go out swinging.

So am I nuts? Or even during our "rebuilding", do we still have some hope for a decent season?

(Oh and please get Tebow off the team asap. That'd be another huge improvement.)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That would be nice. Bridgewater here we come.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    I know Titan and Raider fans are counting the Jets as a win when looking at their schedule.
    We realize that, thanks. But you can't tell me that you actually think the Raiders have a better roster than the Jets at the moment. It's kind of comparing a turd to another turd, but still.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    We realize that, thanks. But you can't tell me that you actually think the Raiders have a better roster than the Jets at the moment. It's kind of comparing a turd to another turd, but still.
    Honestly it depends on what side of the ball your talking about. The Raiders offense is light years better than the Jets and likewise the Jets defense is bEtter than the Raiders right now. For all the Raiders losses in free agency only Desmond Bryant leaving was the only player they wanted back.

Without a doubt Raiders Lb corp is way better and deeper than last year unit. Raiders Cb position is in dire strait right now but they are going to add to this position. Even adding possible the fringe FA Cb like MIke Jenkins and Tracey Porter(neither great but they don't have to be in this defensive system). both still are big upgrades to what raiders started last year.
    Let see what the draft brings and this is where Reggie Mckenzie Strength supposedly is as GM.( really his first draft)

In conclusion who knows what to expect from both teams but there fan base will be counting that game as a wiN. ( only time will tell)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    I can see why Tennessee fans would be, but Raider fans? I'm not worried about post-knee injury Palmer or a rookie QB up against a Rex Ryan defense, especially if McFadden is out of the lineup, and that's a 50-50 chance. At least Johnson will remain healthy for Tennessee - not to mention they have a better defense than Oakland.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can see why Tennessee fans would be, but Raider fans? I'm not worried about post-knee injury Palmer or a rookie QB up against a Rex Ryan defense, especially if McFadden is out of the lineup, and that's a 50-50 chance. At least Johnson will remain healthy for Tennessee - not to mention they have a better defense than Oakland.
    How many yards did Dmac put up on the Jets defense again. To refresh your memory. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_EfrlBBH7Y Marcel Reece who was suppose to be the feature weapon the last time the teams played went out very early in that game.(Jets don't have a safety that can match up with him) How did Antonio Cromartie handle Denarius Moore . The last time you didn't see Jacoby Ford. (won't be that lucky this year) Rod Streater is a better player than DHB .

D Revis probably isn't going to be a Jet and you think a Cromartie and Kyle Wilson scare the raiders wr corp.

C Palmer is twenty time better than any Jet Qb. Jets can't put any pressure on him and it's going to be a long day for Jets defense. So Yes I know I'm counting the Jets game as a victory for the raiders. Let the excuses start when you lose again.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 03-25-2013 at 10:08 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why is anyone arguing with a Raiders fan?? Their best win in the last 10 years is the elimination of the "Tuck" Rule.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    Why is anyone arguing with a Raiders fan?? Their best win in the last 10 years is the elimination of the "Tuck" Rule.
    Tebowcanthrow you jerk