Thread: Projecting the Bucs 2013 Season

Rookie

Projecting the Bucs 2013 Season

Okay I know its probably too early to start thinking about this, but its the internet so lets give it a shot.

The worst thing about receiving the 2014 1st and 2nd round picks instead of this years #13 is risk factor. What if the Bucs win the superbowl, make playoffs, have great record etc...

But I feel should be thought of just as much, is the Buccanneers are in the NFC the most loaded conference in the NFL in a long time. They are gonna play Matt Ryan, Drew Brees and Cam Newton twice. I know Cam is not in their league yet, but one must admit a sweep against them is unlikely. They are also playing the NFC East (All good qbs) and AFC West (Manning Rivers, maybe improved Chiefs).

They're schedule is going to be hard. And winning that division or even getting second does not sound easy.

Even with Revis I'd have to say with Freeman at the wheel, they would be stuck right around 13 again, with a chance of them completely falling apart as some teams do.

Quote Originally Posted by CTJetFan92 View Post
    Okay I know its probably too early to start thinking about this, but its the internet so lets give it a shot.

The worst thing about receiving the 2014 1st and 2nd round picks instead of this years #13 is risk factor. What if the Bucs win the superbowl, make playoffs, have great record etc...

But I feel should be thought of just as much, is the Buccanneers are in the NFC the most loaded conference in the NFL in a long time. They are gonna play Matt Ryan, Drew Brees and Cam Newton twice. I know Cam is not in their league yet, but one must admit a sweep against them is unlikely. They are also playing the NFC East (All good qbs) and AFC West (Manning Rivers, maybe improved Chiefs).

They're schedule is going to be hard. And winning that division or even getting second does not sound easy.

Even with Revis I'd have to say with Freeman at the wheel, they would be stuck right around 13 again, with a chance of them completely falling apart as some teams do.
    I think you were looking at 2012 schedule

They play AFC East and NFC West. I assume there best likely scenario is 2-2 vs. nfc west and 3-1 vs afc East

I think the Saints will be much better with Payton back, and the Falcons are still good, so even 3-3 is unlikely, their other two games are with Philadelphia and Detroit

I could easily see them going 4-12 or 5-11, if things go really well for them, maybe 10-6, but more likely 6-10 or so.

Jets Insider VIP
    They will improve by a game or 2 in year 2 of the sciano regime. I see them btwn pick 15-20.

Wash, Dall, NY, Philly, NOX2, Atlantax2, Carolinax2, Zona, Det, KC, Jax, Cle, Buff, NE, JETS, Miami. I believe.

There is a ton of ifs here IMO. They are pretty much all in to have a winning season. Dallas and NY are always fickle. I think NO makes a huge surge and Atlanta is making some good moves right now. They could finish with a 10-6 record I suppose. All depends on how improved that young D is. Barron, Goldson, Wright, David, Bowers, McCoy, Clayborn. That is a LOT of high round talent in the last 3 years.

Hall Of Fame
    If we make the trade I am not sure who to root for to lose when they play us.

Maybe a tie?

Hall Of Fame
    Save all the anguish is trying to project the Bucs record next year. Just assume it will be around the 23rd pick and go from there. If I am negotiating with them that is what I tell them and base the compensation from there.

A no. 1 and no 2 next years and conditional pick for performance by revis would be fair..

I think the 2013 pick no. 13th overall has considerable interest for Jets.. Granted they need a QB of future, which they can pursue in 2014.... there are a ton of holes in there current line-up:

OG, Safety, OLB, TE, RB, WR .... could easily trade down get more picks... and potential starters..

just a thought

All Pro

Still think it's worth waiting. Why?

Because the Jets are not thinking "OK, we'll have our pick and the bucs pick next year to take 2 prospects". They're thinking in terms of having a second 1st round pick to package in a trade up.

Ex. if we hold the picks #7 (ours) and #19 (bucs), then we can package those and move up into the top 3 if we want prospect X

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Maybe a tie?
    I guess it will depend on our records when we do meet.

Is this a home or away game for us? I hope Revis is a Buc and this is a home game for us.....I bet he would get quite the mixed reaction LOL

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post

Because the Jets are not thinking "OK, we'll have our pick and the bucs pick next year to take 2 prospects". They're thinking in terms of having a second 1st round pick to package in a trade up.

Ex. if we hold the picks #7 (ours) and #19 (bucs), then we can package those and move up into the top 3 if we want prospect X
    Which is why having 2 ones and 2 twos is appealing. It gives the Jets the ammo to move up if need be, but also affords them other picks to still select other players. Even if the Jets trade away their 2 ones to move up, they would still have 2 twos and the rest of their draft to get other players.

Veteran
    if we trade him to the bucs, i can't wait to watch him completely destroy every WR on this team. sanchez will be 0-30 that game. its a home game too.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Maybe a tie?
    I always root for the Jets. Even if draft position was on the line, I can't help but pull for the team.

To me it's a no brainer.

I would add, having the Jets to root for and be almost as passionate about the Bucs losing would certainly add to the intrigue of a rebuilding year.

I said to someone the other day, the long and short of it is this... The Buccaneers still have the 4th best QB in their division.

There ain't nothing Mark Barron, Goldson and Revis all in one secondary is going to do to fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post

ONLY if the teams in the top 3 picks want to trade. That's the one variable nobody seems to want to consider. 2 franchise QBs and Clowney in the top 3 potentially? Who would trade out of that?

Slim chance, imo.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    ONLY if the teams in the top 3 picks want to trade. That's the one variable nobody seems to want to consider. 2 franchise QBs and Clowney in the top 3 potentially? Who would trade out of that?

Slim chance, imo.
    Someone always wants to trade out.

Slim chance, imo.
    If you have enough to offer Oakland I could see them trading out. Lets face it next year will be a compete rebuild for them. If they can get 3-4 more picks next year out of someone plus a 1st the next year yeah may be worth it.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I always root for the Jets. Even if draft position was on the line, I can't help but pull for the team.

To me it's a no brainer.

I would add, having the Jets to root for and be almost as passionate about the Bucs losing would certainly add to the intrigue of a rebuilding year.
    I know. I was being sarcastic.

Rooting against the Bucs will be fun. Gives us another team to obsess over.

We will trade Revis for picks and watch it be a Jets vs TB SB. We can call it the Revis bowl and hand out Revis bobbleheads wearing half or each jersey. Make it where every commercial stars Revis. Then at half time it will be Revis and his all star band. Guest signer Mike Tyson What I didn't want to go too far.

All Pro

Slim chance, imo.
    Look at what the Skins paid to move up I think 4 slots to draft RGIII ... two firsts next year would just be the start of it if you're looking to trade into a "locked in" spot for a top talent.

In that case Revis might net us 1/4 of our potential franchise QB ...

not going far with josh freeman as qb.. next too mark sanchez he may look like peyton manning, but take away sanchez he is pretty bad..