Thread: Last Mock Before the Draft

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Last Mock Before the Draft

*Jets trade Revis to Tampa Bay for their 2013 3rd round pick in addition to their 2014 1st and 2nd round picks

1st round: OG Chance Warmack - Alabama

2nd round: TE Zach Ertz - Stanford

3rd round: FS Bacarri Rambo - Georgia

3rd round: OLB Jamie Collins - Southern Miss

4th round: WR Marquise Goodwin - Texas

5th round: OT Nick Becton - Virginia Tech

6th round: QB Sean Renfree - Duke

7th round: WR Russell Shepard - LSU

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like it.

_

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    and what offensive weapons are we getting? no running back? wtf?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by samoljets View Post
    and what offensive weapons are we getting? no running back? wtf?
    Zach Ertz

And I don't really see the need for a RB with the Goodson signing.

Goodson/Powell/McKnight is a decent tandem and an upgrade over last years platoon.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    That would be my dream draft! Love Warmack and Renfree. Rambo in the 3rd would be a bonus

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Out of all of the mock drafts here I like this the best with a couple of caveats.
    The best part of this mock is all of the players are slotted reasonably and it is realistic.
    My only changes would be: First the Rambo pick. Just think we can get a better safety in this position that fits our team better.
    And in the fifth, maybe the fourth, I am absolutely doubling down on tight ends this year. Lots of mocks here have us getting Williams from Alabama but I want no part of him. Guy is a good blocker,,,,yes, but he runs like he is in molasses. My pick here is Dion Sims, MSU. Not only a big body but he can catch. Might even grab him in the fourth because I'm not sure he makes it to the fifth.
    When it comes to the sixth round and lower its pure BPA, but I would still draft to the strength of this year and maybe pick up a guard and a future B/U QB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we came away with that haul I'd be happy - covers a lot of the positions of need without reaching early on (though I can already hear the cries about a G at #9 ).

Like that we pick up a prospect QB late on too. Low risk / high reward type of move.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only took one post to hear the cries.

Sorry, I can't buy into the idea of taking a OG with the 9th pick overall, when there will be multiple pash-rushers available and this draft is deep (4th-maybe even 5th round) with talented OG's.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hate Goodwin as a prospect. Doesn't run as fast with pads on. Comes out surprisingly slow out of breaks.

Not a huge Ertz fan. Reminds me a lot of Keller but a little bigger.

Love the Rambo pick. Steal of the draft.

Really like Collins but I'd be surprised if he makes it to us at 39 let alone 73.

Would be really disappointed with Warmack. The team lacks playmakers. Cooper flashes more potential in my opinion, and guys like Jones and Push are better value. Elite teams use their first round picks on filling holes that improve the rosters most important positions. You win with great QB play, pass rushing, and a few playmakers sprinkled in.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    *Jets trade Revis to Tampa Bay for their 2013 3rd round pick in addition to their 2014 1st and 2nd round picks

1st round: OG Chance Warmack - Alabama

2nd round: TE Zach Ertz - Stanford

3rd round: FS Bacarri Rambo - Georgia

3rd round: OLB Jamie Collins - Southern Miss

4th round: WR Marquise Goodwin - Texas

5th round: OT Nick Becton - Virginia Tech

6th round: QB Sean Renfree - Duke

7th round: WR Russell Shepard - LSU

I'm being nitpicky here, cause overall, I'd have hard time getting my gaunch in bind over this draft, but Ertz and Goodwin just are not personal favs.

Becton, great. Collins - OK with me. That Ertz pick would grind on me though. Guess I'm picking with my Tight Ends.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would orgasm if this was our draft.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I want one of the top end OLB's with the #9 ... We get the 13 from Tampa and Warmack is still there I can go with that then, not before OLB is addressed ... Depending on the board

Ljr

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    I want one of the top end OLB's with the #9 ... We get the 13 from Tampa and Warmack is still there I can go with that then, not before OLB is addressed ... Depending on the board
    yeah the only way I'm taking the guard at 9 is if the pass rushers are all off the board. especially if we have tampa's pick as well. actually come to think about it if jordan is available at 9 and we have 13, I'd take jordan and moore and our front 7 would be set. that would be a real nice alignment actually with moore on the weak side and jordan who can cover TE/RB

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Only took one post to hear the cries.

Sorry, I can't buy into the idea of taking a OG with the 9th pick overall, when there will be multiple pash-rushers available and this draft is deep (4th-maybe even 5th round) with talented OG's.
    Amen. Yeah I prefer we get an OLB like Jones with the first pick. A competent guard can be had in the 2nd and 3rd. Want more venomous rb's as well.