Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 147

Thread: What record does Rex need to save his job in 2013?

  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by MykePM View Post
    Correct. The standards for the Jets and Patriots should be different. Getting to 2 AFC Championship games with a poor QB and a Head Coach who is apparently so bad that Patriots fans would like to keep him around IS an accomplishment. A team with an all-time great coach and an all-time great QB winning ZERO Super Bowls in 8 years (and counting) will be looked back at as a massive failure.
    LMAO.

    8 years of no SB wins (but 2 appearances) is a massive failure, but 1 SB in 44 years, and never really close to a 2nd is okay, because of low expectations. Gotcha.

  2. #122
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Bayonne, NJ
    Posts
    2,930
    I would like to hear what the SAR has to say on this subject - LOL

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    LMAO.

    8 years of no SB wins (but 2 appearances) is a massive failure, but 1 SB in 44 years, and never really close to a 2nd is okay, because of low expectations. Gotcha.
    I never said it was OK for the Jets to have not made it back to a SB in 44 years. I just pointed out that if Rex is as inept as you're implying he is (and I disagree), then 2 AFC Championship Game appearances for a bumbling head coach (with a crappy QB) is pretty impressive.

    On the other hand, wouldn't you expect a "Best of All Time" head coach / QB combination to do better than the Pats have done in the last 8 seasons? Maybe you wouldn't given that they were cheating the years that they did win the Super Bowl.

    I love it how the bar has dropped for you Patsies now that you haven't won a championship in a while. I guess your consolation prize ("2 appearances") is just a little nicer than ours. Maybe I should start making fun of Lions fans on one of their boards just to feel good about my team, eh Guido?

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    If Woody made up his mind then why is he a lame duck coach? Why wouldn't Woddy have given him an extension?
    Who's Woddy?

    Like I said, Woody has confidence in Rex. He would not have carried him into this season unless he thought he had a real HC.

    In regards to not giving him an extension? Who knows? My guess is Woody wants to see how well Rex can develop a rebuilding team before he commits to an extension. That's called being a smart business man.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Yes, because a break down in the last game of 2011 and a team that lacked talent before losing what little they had to injuries would leave a fan more obsessed with the Jets than what the Pats do feeling very happy.

    Again proving that Pats fans are stupid trolls.

    as a jet fan i think you're dumb as ****. why are you getting on pats fans? look at your loser mentality. you think rex is a great coach when all he's done is embarrass this organization from day 1 and has driven it to the ground. why don't you wake up and see this organization for what it is. i'm tired of the losing and as long as woody is around we're in trouble because he's a loser!

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by jetbombers View Post
    as a jet fan i think you're dumb as ****. why are you getting on pats fans? look at your loser mentality. you think rex is a great coach when all he's done is embarrass this organization from day 1 and has driven it to the ground. why don't you wake up and see this organization for what it is. i'm tired of the losing and as long as woody is around we're in trouble because he's a loser!
    Real SOLID 7th post.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Real SOLID 7th post.

    And right on...guess i'm more impatient than you are

  8. #128
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by jetbombers View Post
    as a jet fan i think you're dumb as ****. why are you getting on pats fans? look at your loser mentality. you think rex is a great coach when all he's done is embarrass this organization from day 1 and has driven it to the ground. why don't you wake up and see this organization for what it is. i'm tired of the losing and as long as woody is around we're in trouble because he's a loser!
    Yeah, loser mentality. You'RE the one defending a Pats troll.

    Learn the meaning of the simplest rules before calling someone dumb. Makes you look like a moron.

    GFY SOJF, its Woody, right.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 06-03-2013 at 11:10 AM.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Yeah, loser mentality.

    GFY SOJF, its Woody, right.

    No it's Rex.

  10. #130
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by jetbombers View Post
    as a jet fan i think you're dumb as ****. why are you getting on pats fans? look at your loser mentality. you think rex is a great coach when all he's done is embarrass this organization from day 1 and has driven it to the ground. why don't you wake up and see this organization for what it is. i'm tired of the losing and as long as woody is around we're in trouble because he's a loser!

    Quote Originally Posted by jetbombers View Post
    No it's Rex.

    You don't know what you posted?

    And you call others dumb?

    You're the poster boy for stupid

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    You don't know what you posted?

    And you call others dumb?

    You're the poster boy for stupid
    Take off your cushy Jets sunglasses and think rationally instead of thinking all is great with the Jets. Joe Namath is so right on & btw he's a winner!

  12. #132
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by jetbombers View Post
    Take off your cushy Jets sunglasses and think rationally instead of thinking all is great with the Jets. Joe Namath is so right on & btw he's a winner!
    Stay on point fool.

    Which Pats troll are you? Bad enough that you troll a jet forum, you change names to hide your identity?

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Stay on point fool.

    Which Pats troll are you? Bad enough that you troll a jet forum, you change names to hide your identity?

    I'm a big Jets fan buddy, just tired of all the crap. I'm done apologizing for all the losing and embarrassing moments that Rex has brought on. Other fans and teams are laughing at us and Jets fans should be pissed. But Woody loves Rex & he can do no wrong & that equals to losing.

  14. #134
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by jetbombers View Post
    I'm a big Jets fan buddy, just tired of all the crap. I'm done apologizing for all the losing and embarrassing moments that Rex has brought on. Other fans and teams are laughing at us and Jets fans should be pissed. But Woody loves Rex & he can do no wrong & that equals to losing.
    You keep apologizing Pats troll.

    And believing that you're being laughed at.

    That Rex makes you feel embarrassed.

    Or that you know Woody thinks Rex can do no wrong.

    Because he's a loser.

  15. #135
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lawrence, MA
    Posts
    3,887
    Quote Originally Posted by jetbombers View Post
    No it's Rex.
    Rex took two teams led by Mark Sanchez of all people deeper into the playoffs than Belichick did with arguably the GOAT as his QB in his first two years as HC..... including walking into Foxboro for one of those playoff wins.....that's like kicking someone's ass with an arm tired behind your back.

    Unfortunately not everyone can have Brady as their QB..... so given what he has had to work with (no QB, passrusher, etc) I think he had done a pretty good job. That's why Coach of the Year awards don't always go to the coach with the most wins, because you have to take the TALANT he has to work with into account.

    For me it's not a matter of wins, but competitiveness and growth. I have seen guys like Cro, Mo, DeVito, Pouha, Slauson, Revis, Brad Smith, etc grow the last 4 years over what they were prior.....I expect with the addition of MM we will be heading in the right direction come 2014 under Rex.

    Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    You keep apologizing Pats troll.

    And believing that you're being laughed at.

    That Rex makes you feel embarrassed.

    Or that you know Woody thinks Rex can do no wrong.

    Because he's a loser.
    I'm so glad that you're a proud Jets fan. They've done so much for us these last 44 years and oh i see the light at end of the tunnel. And at least those Pats fans have seen some Super Bowls & a few winning seasons. But you know exactly how they feel right?

  17. #137
    A strong finish close to .500 and marked(no punintended) improvement at qb w either geno or mark

  18. #138
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by jetbombers View Post
    I'm so glad that you're a proud Jets fan. They've done so much for us these last 44 years and oh i see the light at end of the tunnel. And at least those Pats fans have seen some Super Bowls & a few winning seasons. But you know exactly how they feel right?
    What do the Pats have yo do with anything? Or what the Hess Jets have to do with Woody. Why don't you bring up the fins, the Bills, Bengals, Texans, Titans, Jags, Chargers, Raiders, Chiefs, Redskins, Vikes, Lions, Falcons, Bucs, Panthers, 49'rs, Rams and Cards and how many winning seasons or playoff games they've had/won during the time Woody has owned the Jets. Then apologize.

    As I said, Pats troll.

    Bye, move on child
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 06-03-2013 at 12:01 PM.

  19. #139
    I would say that the only thing that saves the Mouth is a winning record. Then he might get a one year extension.

  20. #140
    If Geno starts and shows potential 7 wins will save Rex's job. If we stick with Sanchise coughing up fumbles every other play and finish 5-11 Rex will be gone.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us