Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: What record does Rex need to save his job in 2013?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    I would say that the only thing that saves the Mouth is a winning record. Then he might get a one year extension.
    Joe Namath was saying on NFL network that Rex's contact goes through 2014.....I know most HCs are sitting ducks when only having a year left on their deal, but non the less he has 2 years left on his current contact from what Namath was saying.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    If I'm Woody I want to see Rex to go 8-8 with this roster. Getting there would be enough to convince me that he deserves to stay on as this team rebuilds.

However I personally have a hard time thinking they will beat last year's total of six wins. Rex has basically publicly said that he has no good quarterbacks to work with. It's his new schtick in order to get another head coaching job after he gets fired next year. The Rex Ryan era is over and he's a lame duck waiting to be fired after this team goes 6-10 or worse.

Not only is Rex a lame duck but Sanchez is too. Rex has already said Sanchez will get the 1st snap in practice. Tannenbaum's extension of Sanchez was a critical mistake for this organization. When Sanchez is your best out of 4 medicore QBs then you're in serious trouble. Unfortunately it's a terrible draft year for QBs. If Nassib is on the board in the 2nd round maybe you take a shot with him.

Pretty much every fact of offense, defense, and even special teams with Westhoff gone, is in the process of overhaul. Maybe in 2 or 3 years we'll look back and say this was worth it to reload for another playoff run. But for now it just plain sucks after getting to the AFC Championship game twice and coming up short. The only 4 things that matter this year are the organization's decision with Revis, the draft, the head coach search next January, and the QB search.
    if we go 8-8 he will be fint we had noone and went 6=20 he is fint he is the best coach we have had in along time and i hope we keep him until we we start turning things around.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Thinking 7-9 now. His seat is getting warm IMO, 6-10 with these blowout, non-competitive losses and he might find himself working as a DC somewhere in 2014

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Thinking 7-9 now. His seat is getting warm IMO, 6-10 with these blowout, non-competitive losses and he might find himself working as a DC somewhere in 2014
    Agreed. If the Jets finish 7-9, he'll be hanging by a thread.....Anything worse than that record, and he's history.

At least that's what my gut take on this is.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is no chance rex survives the season. The NYJ need an offensive head coach. I know it, you know it and idzik knows it. Its over for rex. Accept it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No Joe.

What the Jets need is a Head Coach, PERIOD.

Not a Defensive Coordinator playing the role of a Head Coach.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    I don't see him surviving after the last couple of games. Idzik has to have recognized that Rex is not his guy