Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What record does Rex need to save his job in 2013?

What record does Rex need to save his job in 2013?

If I'm Woody I want to see Rex to go 8-8 with this roster. Getting there would be enough to convince me that he deserves to stay on as this team rebuilds.

However I personally have a hard time thinking they will beat last year's total of six wins. Rex has basically publicly said that he has no good quarterbacks to work with. It's his new schtick in order to get another head coaching job after he gets fired next year. The Rex Ryan era is over and he's a lame duck waiting to be fired after this team goes 6-10 or worse.

Not only is Rex a lame duck but Sanchez is too. Rex has already said Sanchez will get the 1st snap in practice. Tannenbaum's extension of Sanchez was a critical mistake for this organization. When Sanchez is your best out of 4 medicore QBs then you're in serious trouble. Unfortunately it's a terrible draft year for QBs. If Nassib is on the board in the 2nd round maybe you take a shot with him.

Pretty much every fact of offense, defense, and even special teams with Westhoff gone, is in the process of overhaul. Maybe in 2 or 3 years we'll look back and say this was worth it to reload for another playoff run. But for now it just plain sucks after getting to the AFC Championship game twice and coming up short. The only 4 things that matter this year are the organization's decision with Revis, the draft, the head coach search next January, and the QB search.
    Last edited by JetsCrazey; 03-23-2013 at 08:52 AM.

playoffs will save him. MAYBE 9-7 will too. Rex is set up to take the fall for 2013.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Minimum 8 Wins ,Unfortunately 8 Wins Probably Gets ,Mark A Slight Extention

Jets Insider VIP
    Its how the team plays for him that will be the deciding factor. If it goes 8 and 8 but looks like a comedy act, he is gone! if it goes 8 and 8 but the team plays hard and barely loses due to the bounce of the ball, he will stay!

Its obvious that on paper we look undermanned. The owner and GM are aware of that fact. Lets see WRECKS develop some guys and we play lights out good football and I think he will stay! Screw the record! Its how we respond to him and how we play the game this year that counts!

Of course there is the inevittable "poor Mark Sanchez "nonsense around here by his few fans. IMO the same goes for him. Look the part of a real , NFL quality QB and an 8 and 8 record will suffice to allow him to live for another day. But if he looks like a buttfumbling, interception prone , indecisive , CFL outcast and he will be gone.
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 03-23-2013 at 08:59 AM.

I don't believe there is a minimum number, it will depend on how the team plays. Obviously Idzik is thinking, as he should, long term.

16 wins would do it. 16 wins would save his job for sure. Anything less and its a crapshoot!

rex is untouchable if he goes 0-16 he will still probably have a job here and only here.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    16 wins would do it. 16 wins would save his job for sure. Anything less and its a crapshoot!
    In That Case It Better Be 20 Wins &We Better Win The SB.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    rex is untouchable if he goes 0-16 he will still probably have a job here and only here.
    do you have a reason for this absurd view or is this just more waste spewing out of your ass as usual?
    Last edited by Dcat; 03-23-2013 at 09:18 AM.

All Pro
    Just like I said for Sanchez last year. The stats/record doesn't matter. He has to show progress, and demonstrate that he has control of the team. Sanchez went the other way, and couldn't demonstrate control of himself much less the team. Here's to hoping Rex steps up where Sanchez fell apart.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    I don't believe there is a minimum number, it will depend on how the team plays. Obviously Idzik is thinking, as he should, long term.
    Yes.

All League
    Maybe there's nothing Rex can do to keep his job. How do we know that Idzy hasn't already replaced him in his mind? Darrell Bevell may be the man that he will target.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    do you have a reason for this absurd view or is this just more waste spewing out of your ass as usual?
    its the way i see it. when your head coach says over and over again at post game press conferances after loss after loss that the worst qb in the league gives us the best chance at winning hes untouchable.

Jets Insider VIP
    The jets are not capable of winning more then a few games. So this is a moot point. Rex is toast and it is the right move.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Its how the team plays for him that will be the deciding factor. If it goes 8 and 8 but looks like a comedy act, he is gone! if it goes 8 and 8 but the team plays hard and barely loses due to the bounce of the ball, he will stay!

Its obvious that on paper we look undermanned. The owner and GM are aware of that fact. Lets see WRECKS develop some guys and we play lights out good football and I think he will stay! Screw the record! Its how we respond to him and how we play the game this year that counts!

Of course there is the inevittable "poor Mark Sanchez "nonsense around here by his few fans. IMO the same goes for him. Look the part of a real , NFL quality QB and an 8 and 8 record will suffice to allow him to live for another day. But if he looks like a buttfumbling, interception prone , indecisive , CFL outcast and he will be gone.
    This

The haters and SOJF's who have already decided Ryan's fate will whine, but this statement is absolutely true.

It's not the team's record, it is the team's performance and how hard they play this year. It's how well coached they are, and it's how well are the young players working and developing that will decide Ryan and the coaching staff's fate.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    This

The haters and SOJF's who have already decided Ryan's fate will whine, but this statement is absolutely true.

It's not the team's record, it is the team's performance and how hard they play this year. It's how well coached they are, and it's how well are the young players working and developing that will decide Ryan and the coaching staff's fate.
    No SOJF here. If Idzy has a guy in his mind, I don't see Rex staying... unless the Jets go crazy this year with 10+ wins and do some damage in the playoffs.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Its how the team plays for him that will be the deciding factor.

+ 2

... depends on how the young kids come together for him ... last 1/2 of the season is more important to his future with the team than 1st 1/2 is ... young players need to gel & O needs to show some life under MM ...

ljr

All Pro
    For him to SAVE his job after the thin ice he is already on....

14-2 LOL

I just don't think Idsik sees Rex in his long term rebuilding plans, he would have to blow him away with an overachieving season for Idsik to reconsider.

Only reason why he's still here is because Woody didnt want to owe him the final 2 years of his contract, on top of the very competitive salary he would have to pay a head coach worth having to come here....

All League
    Tough to say because Idzik will probably can him no matter what...but if I had to take a shot in the dark...I would say 9-7

rex will be fired during the season if they arent winning games they should be. book it.