Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: What record does Rex need to save his job in 2013?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    All Rex needs is a Good QB to make the throws bc his defense is top notch and the Jets would be GOLDEN!!! Nuff said.

Not Having a good QB is holding the jets back frm winning the whole thing. NoBrainer!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    Yes... It's like the buttfumble equivalent for coaches
    Trailing in the Super Bowl Sean Payton opened the 2nd half with a onside kick imagine if that failed?? Like most things tried if it works your a hero..

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    In That Case It Better Be 20 Wins &We Better Win The SB.
    20? You're saying we could go 16-0 and still not get the first round bye?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    rex needs 8-8 minimum but must win 5 or more of the last 8. the team needs to finish strong. if they quit like they did last season then rex will have to be replaced.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    +5 as in the 5 year extension he truly deserves and will get this season. Terrific Head Coaches like Rex are scarce and need to.be kept.
    I know most Pats fans are hoping the Blind Squirrel Theory is at play here and you're correct.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    I know most Pats fans are hoping the Blind Squirrel Theory is at play here and you're correct.

Proving what we all know, that most Pats fans are dumb as sh1t.

You need to stop repeating yourself, trolling is bad enough without the echo.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Proving what we all know, that most Pats fans are dumb as sh1t.

You need to stop repeating yourself, trolling is bad enough without the echo.
    Oh, you're such a nut!

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    It's simple, a winning record.

I'm sitting on a terrace overlooking the old NY Jets practice facility in Uniondale LI right now & it's seen better days. A lot of the people here R still die hard Jets fans & everyone I'm talking to is saying that Rex has been handed to keys to the Mercedes this season & that he thrives on change. I hope he does get this team into championship shape, everybody loves a winner.

Either way the temprature here is that it's all on him if they have another mathematically out of it in week 8 season & find a new head coach.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's up to Woody so who the fvck knows?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Sure, he needs to win coach of the year.
    My point was he needs a winning record to stay ....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Barring some extraneous circumstances, Rex will be here beyond 2013. Woody, myself, and the majority of Jets fans see Rex as an asset and a very good HC. Now, that could change based on what happens this season. But if continues to be the same HC that he's been in the past whiling improving the offense, he'll definitely be back. He deserves not to be thrown under the bus for the last two seasons. They were not his doing. He worked with what he was given. This is to say nothing about two consecutive great years that had us knocking at the SB door.

Anyone that thinks Rex should be fired is an overreacting dingbat. And especially when you consider regardless of what they want to say, it isn't about to change. Woody made up his mind. Whether you like it or not, REX is your HC. So get used to the idea.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Woody, myself, and the majority of Jets fans see Rex as an asset and a very good HC.
    LOLz.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Barring some extraneous circumstances, Rex will be here beyond 2013. Woody, myself, and the majority of Jets fans see Rex as an asset and a very good HC. Now, that could change based on what happens this season. But if continues to be the same HC that he's been in the past whiling improving the offense, he'll definitely be back. He deserves not to be thrown under the bus for the last two seasons. They were not his doing. He worked with what he was given. This is to say nothing about two consecutive great years that had us knocking at the SB door.

Anyone that thinks Rex should be fired is an overreacting dingbat. And especially when you consider regardless of what they want to say, it isn't about to change. Woody made up his mind. Whether you like it or not, REX is your HC. So get used to the idea.
    If Woody made up his mind then why is he a lame duck coach? Why wouldn't Woddy have given him an extension?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    LOLz.
    I know the two of you are just trolling, but I'm sure Pats fans weren't all that happy that Rex was the Jets' coach when he won the most significant game the two teams have ever played against each other, a couple of years ago.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MykePM View Post
    I know the two of you are just trolling, but I'm sure Pats fans weren't all that happy that Rex was the Jets' coach when he won the most significant game the two teams have ever played against each other, a couple of years ago.

Any sting that Pats fans may have had regarding Rex's coaching in that game was relieved when we saw him lose total control of the team the following year and showed no improvement the year after.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any sting that Pats fans may have had regarding Rex's coaching in that game was relieved when we saw him lose total control of the team the following year and showed no improvement the year after.
    Yes, and then their relief got crushed when they came up short yet again in the Super Bowl.

But you always have a Jets implosion to make things better.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    My point was he needs a winning record to stay ....
    My point is he doesn't and 9 wins would put him in as favorite for HC of the year.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, because a break down in the last game of 2011 and a team that lacked talent before losing what little they had to injuries would leave a fan more obsessed with the Jets than what the Pats do feeling very happy.

Again proving that Pats fans are stupid trolls.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Geothermal View Post
    Yes, and then their relief got crushed when they came up short yet again in the Super Bowl.

But you always have a Jets implosion to make things better.
    Yes, losing a Superbowl is the lowest of lows, yet losing back-to-back AFC Championships is the highest of highs.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, losing a Superbowl is the lowest of lows, yet losing back-to-back AFC Championships is the highest of highs.
    Correct. The standards for the Jets and Patriots should be different. Getting to 2 AFC Championship games with a poor QB and a Head Coach who is apparently so bad that Patriots fans would like to keep him around IS an accomplishment. A team with an all-time great coach and an all-time great QB winning ZERO Super Bowls in 8 years (and counting) will be looked back at as a massive failure.