Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis' brand and why it has more value than his football ability

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I will agree to disagree but I hope you're right. Anything that might increase his trade value is a plus to the Jets.

Ray, you should call in to some Tampa radio stations and promote Revis' brand and how it will help the Bucs. Put some pressure on the Glazers.
    Other than your intent of being a wiseass, why would I need to do that? Revis has his own entourage to do it for him. They've obviously been pretty well successful at it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are talking about if a player is marketable enough to a point where it can and/or should effect their contract. Very few NFL players, if any, fall under that category.

The NFL shares it's TV revenue. This is not that Yankees who have the YES network and are trying to sell ad space.
    Revis is one of them. Since his 2009 Season, he has been widely considered top 3-5 defensive players in the league, top cb in the league and possible the goat. If he doesn't fit that bill I don't know who does.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Really, football is a team sport? That is what you're going with?

Get off of your horse, as usual, you miss the point.

I'm not overrating anything, I'm speaking the facts.

I asked you to provide me a Giant who has a bigger marketing profile and you can't. There is no slice to any pie, it's about the individual player, Revis isn't sharing anything with respect to his brand. How "boring" he is, which is another asinine statement has nothing to do with this either.
    Cruz is in Chunky soup comercials what national brand does Revis promote??

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Must have missed that. But that is an absolute layup.

Eli Manning. - Toyota commercials. Oreo commercials. Pepsi commercial. SB CHAMPION!!!!! TWO TIME SB MVP!!!!!!! QUARTERBACK!!!!!

Get a clue. One person agreeing you and you are as proud as a peacock.
    Oh, I have a clue, Jr.

SB champion, SB MVP, QB, says nothing about his marketability and his brand, it's his resume.

Revis also has several commercial lines, Revis is on the same network promo that many of the league's high profile players are, Eli being on a few of them.

Eli doesn't have a sneaker line.

In fact, I'm pretty sure I eluded to Eli being Revis' only competition to your statement, but even so, Revis is well entrenched in the marketing arena. Eli is actually a reserved individual off the field, doesn't like to promote himself, most of his promotions are because of his achievements. Again, for the reading impaired, I'm not at all suggesting Revis has achieved anything as a player to warrant his brand, I'm simply stating he has one, and it is a big deal this off season as it plays a huge role in his objective to get a new contract and at the price he's seeking, and it's playing a role in trade negotiations.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Not to mention Eli.

Strahan was more marketable too.

And the fact that they are Giants helps. It is a Giants' town in terms of football. AND THEY WIN.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, I have a clue, Jr.

SB champion, SB MVP, QB, says nothing about his marketability and his brand, it's his resume.

Revis also has several commercial lines, Revis is on the same network promo that many of the league's high profile players are, Eli being on a few of them.

Eli doesn't have a sneaker line.

In fact, I'm pretty sure I eluded to Eli being Revis' only competition to your statement, but even so, Revis is well entrenched in the marketing arena. Eli is actually a reserved individual off the field, doesn't like to promote himself, most of his promotions are because of his achievements. Again, for the reading impaired, I'm not at all suggesting Revis has achieved anything as a player to warrant his brand, I'm simply stating he has one, and it is a big deal this off season as it plays a huge role in his objective to get a new contract and at the price he's seeking, and it's playing a role in trade negotiations.
    WOW.

And, if Eli wanted a sneaker line he would have one. Eli probably turns down more offers than Revis gets offered.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW.

And, if Eli wanted a sneaker line he would have one. Eli probably turns down more offers than Revis gets offered.
    Alot of NFL players are in the Subway commercials but Mevis don't eat Subway it's beneath him..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Off the top of my head, Under Armor, Dick's, Nike. He is one of the players that the NFL puts on most of its promos, he's on most network promos for the league, ESPN, NFL network.

He's ranked in the top 10 of the top 100 players in the NFL according to the NFL network.

Look no further than forbes.com, Revis is ranked #22 in the world of highest paid athletes. Eli is #30 btw.

http://www.forbes.com/profile/darrelle-revis/

http://www.forbes.com/profile/eli-manning/

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alot of NFL players are in the Subway commercials but Mevis don't eat Subway it's beneath him..
    LOL. You're probably right.

I think Revis does have some marketability. But not to the point where it should weigh on our offer to him. If TB thinks he can bring something outside of football to them then I hope they go for it.

That is all.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis brand? Hahahaha. What brand?

Revis the greatest of all time??? Hahahaha. He had one great season and a few pro bowl seasons. The homers have lost it now that they realize Sanchez is a joke. I guess this is where they are hanging their hat now.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Off the top of my head, Under Armor, Dick's, Nike. He is one of the players that the NFL puts on most of its promos, he's on most network promos for the league, ESPN, NFL network.

He's ranked in the top 10 of the top 100 players in the NFL according to the NFL network.

Look no further than forbes.com, Revis is ranked #22 in the world of highest paid athletes. Eli is #30 btw.

http://www.forbes.com/profile/darrelle-revis/

http://www.forbes.com/profile/eli-manning/
    Check the endorsements.

:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW.

And the point is, oh clueless one, he doesn't. He could probably have more.

Again, other than Eli, who on the Giants is bigger?

Anyway, it's not about that, and it's not about what I think the Jets should or shouldn't do with respect to Revis' marketability, I'm suggesting it is a factor, whether it is a deal with the Jets or a deal and a trade with another team. This all plays a role into Revis' asking price, and the impact a trade would have on a team that obtains him.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 03-24-2013 at 10:57 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Could somebody please enlighten us and explain just what the hell the 'Revis Brand" is?
    I thought Coples was the Jet with the brand

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you want to talk about TRUE widespread marketing you need to do the Ask a Girl at the Bar Test.

In the business we call them Pink Hats.

They know Eli, they know Tebow. They don't know Revis.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    I thought Coples was the Jet with the brand

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post

Revis the greatest of all time??? Hahahaha. He had one great season and a few pro bowl seasons. The homers have lost it now that they realize Sanchez is a joke. I guess this is where they are hanging their hat now.
    4 Pro bowls and 3 All Pro's.. His talent is HOF worthy but those who compare him to HOF franchise QB's are nuts..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post

As usual, the point flies completely over your head, and your inability to comprehend is disturbing..

Where on earth do you read from this thread that "Revis is the greatest of all time?"

This whole message board thing is too overwhelming for you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    As usual, the point flies completely over your head, and your inability to comprehend is disturbing..

Where on earth do you read from this thread that "Revis is the greatest of all time?"

This whole message board thing is too overwhelming for you.
    Some here say Revis is the best Jet of all time..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Must have missed that. But that is an absolute layup.

Eli Manning. - Toyota commercials. Oreo commercials. Pepsi commercial. TWO TIME SB CHAMPION!!!!! TWO TIME SB MVP!!!!!!! QUARTERBACK!!!!!

Winning improves marketability

Get a clue. One person agreeing you and you are as proud as a peacock.
    He's also a Citizen watch ambassador. Doesn't get more global than that.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Could somebody please enlighten us and explain just what the hell the 'Revis Brand" is?
    His sneaker is still in stock.