Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paradis' first mock of 2013

All Pro

Paradis' first mock of 2013

This mock is done with some of my preferences in mind, but also based on where talent meets the picks.

KC – Joekel OT
    JAX – Ansah DE
    OAK – Floyd DT
    PHI – Fisher OT
    DET – L. Johnson OT
    CLE – D. Milliner CB
    ARZ - Jordan DE
    BUF – Smith QB
    NYJ – J. Jones OLB
    TEN – C. Warmack OG
    SD – A. Ogletree ILB
    MIA – D. Trufant CB
    TB – X. Rodes CB ....(If NYJ = J. Cooper OG)
    CAR – S. Lutolutoto DT
    NOS – T. Austin WR
    STL – C. Patterson
    PIT – T. Eifert TE
    DAL – K. Vaccaro S
    NYG - T. Carradine
    CHI – J. Cooper OG
    CIN – B. Werner DE
    STL – M. Elam S
    MIN – S. Richardson
    IND – D. Hopkins WR
    GB – D. Moore DE
    HOU – K. Allen WR
    DEN – J. Hankins DT
    NE – M. Watson OT
    ATL – B. Mingo DE
    SF – J. Banks CB
    BAL – K. Minter

Rest of the Jets draft (under the pretense that we traded and took jones & Cooper)

2nd - Margus Hunt DE
    3rd – J. Reed TE
    4th – TJ McDonald FS
    5th – M. Lattimore RB
    6th - T. Sinkfield WR
    7th - M. Hughes DT

Final haul;
    3 front seven
    1 O-line
    1 Secondary
    3 Offensive players

Jets Insider VIP
    I'd sign up for this in a heartbeat.

If we get Tampa's 1st rounder for Revis, then Jones at #9 and Warmack/Cooper at #13 is my ideal scenario.

All Pro
    I figured most would be OK with that 1st round, but I'm curious to hear thoughts on the other rounds.

Love the T.J McDonald and Lattimore picks in the 4th and 5th rounds. Could be 2 potential steals there if Latty's knee holds up. Great value. But instead of Margus Hunt I would prob draft TE Ertz from Stanford if hes available. We have been missing a big physical TE for some time now and I think he would open things up for the run and passing game. Good draft overall though.

Why Watson for the pats, even if Volmer leaves I would think Cannon steps in or a RT such Chris Faulk or Jordan Mills in the 3rd.

The first i still believe will be defense either DE hunt or Jones, if they don't trade back to a team looking to trade up for a qb

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NowLet'sGoEatAF'NSnack View Post
    Love the T.J McDonald and Lattimore picks in the 4th and 5th rounds. Could be 2 potential steals there if Latty's knee holds up. Great value. But instead of Margus Hunt I would prob draft TE Ertz from Stanford if hes available. We have been missing a big physical TE for some time now and I think he would open things up for the run and passing game. Good draft overall though.
    Ya, I'm just not a fan Ertz. Don't think he'll develop into anything special.

Eifert was in consideration @13, and I flirted with Escobar, but at pick 40... felt like Hunt + Reed better value.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Why Watson for the pats, even if Volmer leaves I would think Cannon steps in or a RT such Chris Faulk or Jordan Mills in the 3rd.

The first i still believe will be defense either DE hunt or Jones, if they don't trade back to a team looking to trade up for a qb
    NE never picks who we all think they will, so I took a swing. CB Banks, and DT Short were my other considerations.

I love it. If only for the fact it is an actually 1st round mock. Great work. Putting Datone Jones in there is the only thing a would suggest. Out side of that I am just so happy to see an actual mock I'll be happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    This mock is done with some of my preferences in mind, but also based on where talent meets the picks.

KC Joekel OT
    JAX Ansah DE
    OAK Floyd DT
    PHI Fisher OT
    DET L. Johnson OT
    CLE D. Milliner CB
    ARZ - Jordan DE
    BUF Smith QB
    NYJ J. Jones OLB
    TEN C. Warmack OG
    SD A. Ogletree ILB
    MIA D. Trufant CB
    TB X. Rodes CB ....(If NYJ = J. Cooper OG)
    CAR S. Lutolutoto DT
    NOS T. Austin WR
    STL C. Patterson
    PIT T. Eifert TE
    DAL K. Vaccaro S
    NYG - T. Carradine
    CHI J. Cooper OG
    CIN B. Werner DE
    STL M. Elam S
    MIN S. Richardson
    IND D. Hopkins WR
    GB D. Moore DE
    HOU K. Allen WR
    DEN J. Hankins DT
    NE M. Watson OT
    ATL B. Mingo DE
    SF J. Banks CB
    BAL K. Minter

Rest of the Jets draft (under the pretense that we traded and took jones & Cooper)

2nd - Margus Hunt DE
    3rd J. Reed TE
    4th TJ McDonald FS
    5th M. Lattimore RB
    6th - T. Sinkfield WR
    7th - M. Hughes DT

Final haul;
    3 front seven
    1 O-line
    1 Secondary
    3 Offensive players
    If Colts draft WR Hopkins and I heard they R trying to land CRUZ, if that happens, LUCK is going to be HAPPY HAPPY!!! Im going to be Angry Angry!!!

Luck/Qb

Hopkins/WR
    Cruz/WR

Ballard/RB

Thatz a NASTY Offense

jets need a Bigtime WR like Hopkins , Patterson , Cruz not da Colts! screw the Colts bc I want the jets to have playmakers on offense..

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I love it. If only for the fact it is an actually 1st round mock. Great work. Putting Datone Jones in there is the only thing a would suggest. Out side of that I am just so happy to see an actual mock I'll be happy with it.

Thanks.

What I found to be tough this year in doing my full mock--

There's lot of OT/CB needy teams this year (what else is new), but once those tier 1 guys are gone? The value's all D-line/OLBs... which happens to be the positions some of those teams are reasonably well stocked at... so it made for some tough decisions.

McDonald lives off his dads name, garbage player in my opinion.

LOVE the Jordan Reed pick. Favorite TE in the draft.

Don't see Margus Hunt fitting in here, positional wise and style wise comparable to Coples. 3-4 End that thrives rushing the A gap. We have bigger needs at pass rusher at WR.

NE never picks who we all think they will, so I took a swing. CB Banks, and DT Short were my other considerations.
    yeah, I understand, but with Volmer and Solder both being under 27 it is just not a need. Especially to take a one year starter.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Ro 25 View Post
    McDonald lives off his dads name, garbage player in my opinion.

LOVE the Jordan Reed pick. Favorite TE in the draft.

Don't see Margus Hunt fitting in here, positional wise and style wise comparable to Coples. 3-4 End that thrives rushing the A gap. We have bigger needs at pass rusher at WR.
    Truthfully, I need to watch McDonald closer. I know he's got issues, but i wouldn't go as far as garbage.

As far as Hunt goes, I have the samething to say to that as I do with Floyd. We are MUCH shorter on bodies for the Dline that people think we are. Coples and Mo are it. The jury is still out on Ellis and everyone else are JAGs. To me, Hunt was a value pick.

(ps. don't sleep on Sinkfield. he could be the answer!)

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    yeah, I understand, but with Volmer and Solder both being under 27 it is just not a need. Especially to take a one year starter.
    Until Volmer signs anything, NE has a need at RT.

Hall Of Fame
    Nice job.

I agree with Dreamers about Jones.

Not sure how I feel about taking Lattimore. Almost everything I have heard says that whoever picks him is basically putting him on the shelf until 2014.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    N Almost everything I have heard says that whoever picks him is basically putting him on the shelf until 2014.
    Ya, that's kind of the idea. It's an investment for the future. He would PUP' it all way through most of 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    If Colts draft WR Hopkins and I heard they R trying to land CRUZ, if that happens, LUCK is going to be HAPPY HAPPY!!! Im going to be Angry Angry!!!

Luck/Qb

Hopkins/WR
    Cruz/WR

Ballard/RB

Thatz a NASTY Offense

jets need a Bigtime WR like Hopkins , Patterson , Cruz not da Colts! screw the Colts bc I want the jets to have playmakers on offense..
    Lol why do you write like a 13 year old?

do you see hunt playing OLB? he's huge but he's got really good agility and explosion and probably could do it. I like him as a prospect mainly because I think he's a freak and he'll also block a ton of kicks... he's only played football for 2 years and is the #2 all time NCAA leader in blocked kicks

Truthfully, I need to watch McDonald closer. I know he's got issues, but i wouldn't go as far as garbage.

As far as Hunt goes, I have the samething to say to that as I do with Floyd. We are MUCH shorter on bodies for the Dline that people think we are. Coples and Mo are it. The jury is still out on Ellis and everyone else are JAGs. To me, Hunt was a value pick.

(ps. don't sleep on Sinkfield. he could be the answer!)

Until Volmer signs anything, NE has a need at RT.

Even if Hunt pans out where is he playing? He's a DE in our system, and we don't run 4 man line sets. He's also 25 years old, and the time we're competing he'll be 28. Scares me a lot. Boom/bust guy.

Decent draft. You obviously done quite a bit of thinking here unlike some other mocks. Margus Hunt pick is interesting, I might go for another OLB here but his explosion and power off the line is hard to ignore. Very agile too for such a big guy. The only issue I have is with Lattimore, his injury will likely sit him for a year - I prefer picking up the explosive Knile Davis as a high speed battering ram. Sinkfield pick could be an inspired choice. He's like lightning but for such a fast guy he apparently has decent route running and hands. Overall, a good draft.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Decent draft. You obviously done quite a bit of thinking here unlike some other mocks. Margus Hunt pick is interesting, I might go for another OLB here but his explosion and power off the line is hard to ignore. Very agile too for such a big guy. The only issue I have is with Lattimore, his injury will likely sit him for a year - I prefer picking up the explosive Knile Davis as a high speed battering ram. Sinkfield pick could be an inspired choice. He's like lightning but for such a fast guy he apparently has decent route running and hands. Overall, a good draft.
    Fair analysis. Hunt is a pick based on potential. He has playmaker written all over him - just get him on the field - kind of mentality.

I'm telling you guys, Sinkfield's tape suggests the kid's gonna ball in the pros. I loved what I saw. Adjusts to the ball, out muscles Corners, runs good routes, plays the outside like a man... I'm sold!